Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Toshko

Alfa V6 Busso or BMW M3

Hello mates,

I had a big euro trip just 3 days ago, and drived 3000km from Manchester to Varna (Bulgaria) with my friends BMW M3 (e46). This was very big expirience for me, because I have'nt drive more fast car than this M3. I really LOVE my GTV, but this Twin Spark engine is a shit if you compare with this 3.3 343hp bavarian motor. My quest is for these people who had exprirence with M3 and V6 Busso engines. How they compare these engines? What is the defference of feeling? Witch car give you more sensetive with the road? That BMW suprassed my expatitions... really thinking to sell my GTV and start searching for a M3, but dont want make a mistake and this is the reason for my asking here.

Greetings :)

So, you are asking if you should sell your GTV and buy an M3? :lol: Yeah, go for it!

but this Twin Spark engine is a shit if you compare with this 3.3 343hp bavarian motor
,why don't you start searching for a 3.2 V6 Busso?

Or even better, a 156 GTA ;-) Would compare best to an M3 as they're both saloons, although GTA is 'only' 250 Bhp...

M3 means more power and (at least for me) far less style. Those are so different cars, not only technically, but in a sense of people who drive them, they have a different set of values and car philosophy in general. I can't imagine myself in a BMW... :)

Friend of mine had a e36 m3 3.2 convertible, its a nice car and yes its quicker but the difference on normal road are just small.

If you talk about the looks a 3 series bmw can never win the 916.

Only Bmw i like is the first type Z4 with the 3.0 i like the strong Z lines in the side of the car.

handeling is perfect with the rear wheel drive

Nobody talk about looks. There's only one winner.

Paso you're right! :) No style in M3. Just the Gtv is very stylish and sport sensitive car. But if you go to the track... :)

I think the BMW is more serious car if you go racing...and this is my point for future.

May be soon you will see my car in our 916 Piazza :(

Test a GTV 3.0 / 3.2 or a GTV 2.0 TB, then you don´t want a BMW M3 ^_^

I drove them all, ok, the BMW has more power, but the drive feeling in a 916 is always better (my opinion).

The M3 (E30) is a car which makes really fun, but it is has less power then the E36 too.

There is no way any Stock GTV (3.2 V, 3.0 V6, 2.0 V6 TB, 2.0 JTS or TS) wourld have any chance versus a M3 E46. In Facts, the M3 is the better car in all Perfomance Competitions you would put it in with any GTV.

But for me the GTV has other advantages, it looks nicer, the V6 Busso Sounds better, nicer Interior, the Sport-Car feeling when you sit in the car is more then in the M3 (but the M3 is the more sportive car - no doubt).

If i was you, i would test drive a GTV with 3.2 V6 Engine. If you like it, with 2-3 Modifications you can get 20-30 HP more (Sportcat, Chip, Phase 1 Manifolds). The M3 would be still quicker, but you can make the GTV a bit quicker with that.

There is no way any Stock GTV (3.2 V, 3.0 V6, 2.0 V6 TB, 2.0 JTS or TS) wourld have any chance versus a M3 E46. In Facts, the M3 is the better car in all Perfomance Competitions you would put it in with any GTV.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If i was you, i would test drive a GTV with 3.2 V6 Engine. If you like it, with 2-3 Modifications you can get 20-30 HP more (Sportcat, Chip, Phase 1 Manifolds). The M3 would be still quicker, but you can make the GTV a bit quicker with that.

That's a good proposal, Thanks Villani,

Just wana learn how to drive RWD, because I never had before.

For sure will try to do impossible to keep my Gtv next to me :)

I think AR 75 is good start for a newbie rwd driver ... mine mind :)

3 days ago i checked in one spare parts store how much are front brake discs with pads for M3 E46 and they said total price: 270EUR thats more than avarage salary in Bulgaria per month. :)

Im not readdy yet for M3. :)

Greetings mates

How is a 156 GTA better than 3.2 GTV? Factory data shows the GTV is faster without those puny 10hp more

You simply cannot compare a Twin Spark engine with an M3. Get your hands on a Busso, it still won't be quicker than an M3, but you get more power and nerve then what you are used to now, I'm sure you will be impressed. And I'm sure you won't be that impressed by the M3 afterwards.

It's too difficult to see the point of this topic but, Personally i hate BMW's all of them but this is  sometthing personal as i said. but the fact is that no count how many hp these cars have, alfa romeo gtv is a sports coupe alfa romeo spider is a roadster and bmw 3 series is a family sallon car, m3 is the ultimate, sport edition of a family sallon car, always faster cars appears, a mitsubishi evo 8 with a little upgade can outperform any bmw m3 so? ferrari 360 modena is only 400bhp, but is a sports coupe bmw m5 has 510bhp but is a fast version of a family car, except performace is the looks the feeling all counts to categorize a car if our only goal is 0-100kmh, then i suppose a fiat uno turbo highly tuned or a caterham is a better choice but......

How is a 156 GTA better than 3.2 GTV? Factory data shows the GTV is faster without those puny 10hp more

You' re right GTV 3.2 was the faster alfa romeo production car before 8c competizione appears all other rumors are urban legends with only use to disscusion with everyones friends

hum... interesting ..

A GTV moded with autodelta ( 3.0 >> 3.7 ) eat a M3... But it s a very nice car too the M3. But the GTV is very special.. and the engine noise is unique. B)

Don't think so. A M3 is a serious sport car. Its suspension has nothing in common with "normal" 3, and the engine is superb...

But gtv looks better  :)  :)

BTW I agree that it is easier to drive fast a gtv than to drive fast a M3.

These threads always make me laugh, as huge an Alfa fan as I am the Gtv is not even close to the M3 performance both in terms of speed and handling. The GTA models are a long way off too !

I always liked an m3, especially the e30.And would really like to own an e46 sometime.There is no doubt that it's really quicker than a Gtv or a Gta. And offers a lot of fun.BUT, as for the handling, I believe the Gtv is very ahead of the m3... The info and the feeling you get through the steering wheel are unique, as the handling limits even when the road gets wet...

Στάλθηκε από το C1905 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

These threads always make me laugh, as huge an Alfa fan as I am the Gtv is not even close to the M3 performance both in terms of speed and handling. The GTA models are a long way off too !

For you my friend...

:hello:

well if is a 3,7L or not, this Busso have fire... :D