Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

Great info. I've been searching for a decat pipe phase 2 v6 tb

Any ideas who does make a decat pipe for phase 2 type catalist ( 1 into 1 ) ?

I had one from CSC on my gtv and it made huge difference, don't mind to swap everytime for MOT check.

I need to do the same for my ragazzon midsection anyway, MOT check is quite severe on mods overhere.

Maybe this will fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GTV-3-0-V6-STAINLESS-STEEL-DECAT-PIPE-/370405096058?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563ddd3a7a

If not, Alfaholics have both types;

http://www.alfaholics.com/2010/07/v6-de-cat-126/

Edit:

I saw later that this has two in and out... :/

I need to have a look under my car...

I can't find one, but that is so simple part to make - one pipe with two flanges at both ends. Look for some exhaust workshop around you.

Finally! Taxes paid yesterday, and the GTV is road legal.

After hours of driving Busso Turbo I had some time to kill.. Result was that a friend of mine and myself chipped the car with squadra Chip.. What a huge difference!!! God damn that was well worth every penny! Awesome. I have no words...

post-306-136199972899_thumb.jpg

That black GTV with a big snowdrift surrounding it (background) needs some love? Maybe you should adopt it too, so that it doesn't have to sit outside in the cold? :thumbsup:

Haha Filip.. I think i have enough with one GTV. I've also just ordered a Brand new MiTo ;)

I have a dilemma now.. Should I buy 18" summerwheels or 17"?

The wheels I have decided to go on the car are OZ Ultraleggera.

OZ Ultraleggera is a superb wheel! Go for 18", I guess you have more than decent roads up in Norway! :)

OZ Ultraleggera is a superb wheel! Go for 18", I guess you have more than decent roads up in Norway! :)

+1! B)

+1 :)

PICT0025.jpg

I know. Had those on my last GT as well. My dad also had Ultraleggeras on his 156. Love those wheels!

Roads in Norway are not as good as you think, but I can always swap them out for a set in 17". :)

So.. With 18" OZ Ultraleggera... What tyre dimension? Does 225/40-18 rub anywhere? I presume that offset (ET) is 35 with 8x18" wheels?

OZ Ultraleggera 18"x 8 have an ET 35, if you use a tire with a dimension of 225/40-18 then it can rub a little bit if you have gravel binding to the tire and/or suspension is heavily compressed when you are on full steering lock, myself I use 225/40-18 with a 5mm spacer in front and 235/40-18 with 15mm hubcentric spacer on rear, rear setup is more of a cosmetic matter to fill the wheel arch better, I have not find any bad influence on road handling by doing so.

Mmm Ultralegerra , one of my favorite wheels (even the favorite) and not my favorite price (in Bulgaria 260E/piece for 17" and 350E/piece for 18"). There is ET 35 on 17" and 18" 5x100. One optical "downside" to me is that with 18" wheels your brakes will look small. But with 18" wheels the car will look nicer for sure :thumbsup: .

Thanks for good replies. :)

Kunev: I have 305mm brembos now... Hehe ;)

Ultraleggera is my absolute favourite wheel as well! My dad had them on a 156 he had and I bought a set on my last GT. Regret I sold them with the car, but thats life... :)

I mean them exactly :) . On base GTV 3.0 with brembo calipers and 305 mm disks standard wheels are 16". Like I sad that is only optical view on the things. But bigger brake assembly will increase unsprung weight, which is not good thing. It's all about compromise ;). My personal preference is: maximum size of disk and calipers for given wheel size :smile23: .

Unsprung weight is not always increased compared to the OE with a larger brake disc. :happy0045:

Hjul2.jpg

Of coarse with using of 2 piece discs,lightweight calipers and wheels, the difference in unsprung weights can be negligible or even can have advantage (with much bigger brakes). A little brake disc comparison:

- standard disc on GTV tb (284x22 mm) weights around 6.05 kg each;

- standard disc on GTV 3.0/3.2 (305x28 mm) - 8.2 kg each;

- standard disc on 159 2.4/3.2 (330x28 mm) - 9.8 kg each;

- standard disc on later GTAs (330x32 mm) - 10.2 kg each;

- the 2 piece disc on GTV-TB brake setup (330x32 mm, Z330 Corse, correct me if I'm wrong :)) weights around 8.1 kg.

GTV-TB your brake-wheel setup is great :thumbsup: , but also very expensive. I think that you also have some very good suspension setup (coilovers). It will be good to make a topic about your car in this section ;).

Of coarse with using of 2 piece discs,lightweight calipers and wheels, the difference in unsprung weights can be negligible or even can have advantage (with much bigger brakes). A little brake disc comparison:

- standard disc on GTV tb (284x22 mm) weights around 6.05 kg each;

- standard disc on GTV 3.0/3.2 (305x28 mm) - 8.2 kg each;

- standard disc on 159 2.4/3.2 (330x28 mm) - 9.8 kg each;

- standard disc on later GTAs (330x32 mm) - 10.2 kg each;

- the 2 piece disc on GTV-TB brake setup (330x32 mm, Z330 Corse, correct me if I'm wrong :)) weights around 8.1 kg.

GTV-TB your brake-wheel setup is great :thumbsup: , but also very expensive. I think that you also have some very good suspension setup (coilovers). It will be good to make a topic about your car in this section ;).

It not that simple at all.

With larger wheels or brakes even if they are lighter that the smaller OEM, the radius is bigger that is used to be.

So I am not sure at all that a lighter 18" wheel is better than a heavier 16" wheel.

I am afraid I can not explain all this is english as it is not my mother languange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_area_moments_of_inertia

Time to update this thread:

Drove the car 750km the last five days with 500 of them the last 24 hours. Average consumption of 7,8l/100km... I think that is a great result...

I have some issues with some "jumping" from time to time when I give full pedal... I think I have to check all hoses...

During the rest of the easter I will install alpine speakers and a radio. I also need to polish and give it a proper clean during the weekend.

So a short summary:

*New front wishbones both sides

*FK Coilover kit installed

*305mm brembo brakes installed

*Goodridge braided brake hoses installed

*New thermostat installed

*New front wheel bearings installed

*Squadra chip installed

*Large engine service

*Dent on right side is fixed and right side has got new paint

*K&N replacement filter installed

I have also finally received my brand new MiTo!!!

:happy0045:

Happy easter to you all :D

post-306-0-02259200-1364588498_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-12602900-1364588501_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-15162400-1364588504_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-66701000-1364588589_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-01603800-1364588593_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-94845300-1364588596_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-20783100-1364588600_thumb.jpg