Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

224,4cc/min

Hi,ph1  3LV624v have 235cc/mn ,bosch number 0280150701 at 3 bar pressure

Those pipes look amazing from this angle. 

Hehe Thanks, but I don't like them. Swapping to Ragazzon asap ;)

Hi,ph1  3LV624v have 235cc/mn ,bosch number 0280150701 at 3 bar pressure

Same as injectors for 166 3L then...

This GTV 916 is a beast.. Approx 500WHP! It is a Norwegian that have built it.

And by the way, mine is soon to be finish rebuilt! Hopefully during this week! :D

Can you give us a little more info about engine repair - what was broken, what repair will include.

Good luck with the car  ;) .

P.S. I'm also interested on that GTV on the video. Can you give some more info, probably in another topic.

I can give you a detailed feedback on the rebuild as soon as I pick up the car. That should be after this weekend.

As a teaser i have attached these photos:

IMG_3178_zps320c1e71.jpg

IMG_3177_zps88fa3958.jpg

:(  How is the crankshaft? 

From some time I think to check and probably replace main and rod bearings at next oil change, just safety precaution :unsure: .

... GTV is still not finished, but despite all waiting I have found some joy in my latest Alfa..

2013 Giulietta:

DSC_0309_zps584d79fd.jpg

DSC_0306_zps013c3977.jpg

DSC_0298_zps387eeb55.jpg

I need to sort out witch one to keep... :P

The GTV is TB, your girlfriend/wife had new Mito TB (if I remember correctly) and is it that Giulietta again TB  :) (or this is TBi). Interesting color. In my opinion you have to keep the car which make you happiest  ;) and you like the most :) .

How you compare the three alfas around you?

P.S. How you decide to buy this model and car?

The GTV is TB, your girlfriend/wife had new Mito TB (if I remember correctly) and is it that Giulietta again TB  :) (or this is TBi). Interesting color. In my opinion you have to keep the car which make you happiest  ;) and you like the most :) .

How you compare the three alfas around you?

P.S. How you decide to buy this model and car?

Hehe Yes. The MiTo is a Twin Air Turbo, but it is not only hers. I use it more than she does. I love that car. I think I'm going to sell the Giulietta. I bought it on an auction.. Got it cheap, so hopefully I can make some money on it.

Mito is small and nimble. Cheap running costs and responsive engine. Have driven it over 12000km already! Giulietta is a more "adult" car. Better soundproofed, more powerful engine and bigger. Drives superb and 120HK feels more like 135-140!

I am looking for a new radio in the GTV as posted in another thread.

I have now concluded with a barely used Becker with sat. nav. 

The model is called Indianapolis Pro, and looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251324599277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

An alternative Becker is this, that blends in nicely with the silver PH2 console, but are missing bluetooth:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300936471612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The Becker design blends in nice with the 90's design of the GTV. A big plus is that they have green illumination. :)

The other alternative is this:

http://www.pioneer.eu/no/products/25/121/61/DEH-X9500BT/page.html

Price is the same for a used Becker as for the new Pioneer. Becker is famous for quality and premium sound. There must be a reason that all luxury cars in Europe have Becker as standard radio. Ferrari, Maserati and Porsche to mention someone...

What do the 916 community say? I'll be happy for feedback!

Once you go black.....great looking Guilietta. I like the Turbina wheels.

So the car is repaired  :) . Is the other GTV to a friend of you?

Yap. Got my baby back! And she is perfect now!

Yes the other GTV belongs to a friend of mine. A very nice and well set up GTV. It has a tweaked TS inside.

Mine is running great. No jumping, but just a smooth and nice power delivery. Together with the Q2 diff it dances through the corners!

I can hear a weak bearing coming from the rear. That will be this winters project...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

After a weekend trip to Sweden I have been able to uncover a small issue. Turbo will not activate the "overboost" function and it feels like it does not give as much pressure as it is supposed to. If I only use 50% of the throttle it goes nice and build up turbo pressure.

Could it be a vacuum hose that is disconnected or not properly in place? I will have a look on this tomorrow.

Hi, can you elaborate on what happens when you go over 50% of the throttle.

What spark plugs are you using and what gap setting do they have?

Hi.

I can try :)
When I start off normal and carefully everything seem to be fine. No jumping and engine runs perfect. If I however give full throttle it feels like it have some kind of resistance that is "holding" it back. There is still no jumping, but it can remind a bit of too high pressure on the exhaust side (eg. that the catalyst is plugged), or that the fuel/air mix is wrong when overboost is activated.

I am using brand new NGK BPR6, but I have a set of BPR7 waiting to be installed.

The car is currently at the workshop that did the engine rebuild, for a service, and to see if they can sort the problem.

I hope this was a good enough explanation.

Anyways, winter tyres are on and it looks a lot better from behind now than it did:

IMG_3368_zps3d29c5c9.jpg

IMG_3372_zps2e90ef2b.jpg

MiTo went bananas :lol:

IMG_3371_zps23d10310.jpg

Edited by Alfaduden

Install BPR7 spark plugs or Bosch WR56, gap them to 0,6 or maybe 0,65mm I think it will help on your problem.

:-)

Install BPR7 spark plugs or Bosch WR56, gap them to 0,6 or maybe 0,65mm I think it will help on your problem.

Yap. Will do when I get it back from the workshop. Thanks for the advice.

Those are Iridium spark plugs right?

I got some denso iridium for my V6. They have a gap of 0.4mm.

Do you think that it is a good idea to gap them to 0.65mm?