Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

Is it an Biltema 1/2" socket wrench breaker bar I have spotted on the wheel bearing picture. :happy0045:

Of course it's Biltema

Btw, you store it in the barn? How cool is that. I wish I had a barn for my Gtv :(

Is it an Biltema 1/2" socket wrench breaker bar I have spotted on the wheel bearing picture. :happy0045:

Hahahaa Of course! But with kamasa socket. :thumbsup:

Btw, you store it in the barn? How cool is that. I wish I had a barn for my Gtv :(

It's not that cool actually. It's chilly :lol:

But really, it is cold and dark. Only for storage. This Garage I have my car in now is in my friends garage that also house a rather tweaked 155, a Berlina on alfaholics chassis and a tuned Chevy Vega Estate Wagon

15599-1977-Chevrolet-Vega.jpg

:happy0045::ph34r:

Edited by Alfaduden

Update:

We welded a new bend for the exhaust from the rear cylinder bank and to the turbo. I guess this is familiar to all TB owners that this pipe is damaged. I forgot my camera in the garage, but will post some pics tomorrow!

:)

Update:

New exhaust bend from rear cylinder bank is welded in. This was NOT as easy as we thought, but we did the best out of it.

Old bend:

DSC_0217_zpsfc4ab872.jpg

New welded in:

DSC_0220_zpsa589882f.jpg

Boost gauge fitted:

DSC_0218_zps8f143cd6.jpg

Indicator stalk repaired:

This was the broken spring that caused my Bella to use the left turn signal as she decide...

DSC_0221_zps3bae9355.jpg

Getting back togehter:

DSC_0222_zps3ea01ba5.jpg

Today the main focus was to modify the seats. I dislike the position that the seats are stock.

So I took the drivers seat out and started to rip the leather apart to get the "spacers" off:

DSC_0227_zps09447fcc.jpg

DSC_0223_zps198222ef.jpg

DSC_0226_zps3be51371.jpg

After almost two hours using some tips from this guide:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/159353-lowering-the-seats-in-2001-gtv-2.html

DSC_0228_zps0b9938da.jpg

This was a major improvement! I gained a little bit more headroom, and more support for the legs. I felt that the seat also hold me much better in place.

I used three 8mm washers from BILTEMA B)  on the middle bolt and one at the rear. The reason is that there is a part of the metal on the bottom seat frame that will rub against the sliding rails...

Edited by Alfaduden

Yesterday the work with exhaust was completed. We manufactured our own De-cat pipe, and fitted it. The result is huge! Nice crisp V6 Busso sound, reminds me a bit of 155 2,5 V6 sound. Throttle response is wayyyyyy better! ;)

I will test the car today. Hopefully the thermostat and ABS sensor arrives this week.

I will take the car to a trip to Lysekil tomorrow if things are working out fine today. :)

Some pictures:

IMG_3531_zps7b815c4d.jpg

IMG_3532_zps9bb1a59d.jpg

:thumbsup:

De-cat does much on the response from the engine, I can not live without mine and I feel sick every time it's time for the MOT and the cat must be hung on.

Yap! It is nice that the car does not have "athsma" anymore... Look forward to test it.
We had to weld from 2,5" to 2" because the flanges were a bit hard to get hold of. I had to order a TS ragazzon centre section to get the flanges I needed to the back box.

I did... But It is hard to know exactly if the flange is correct or not. Anyway, it worked out like this, and it is a lot better than with the catalytic converter on...

Progress! :thumbsup: Nice mods. Let us know how the test run to Lysekil goes.

400km without any issues today. Drove from Toensberg to Lysekil and back. I adjusted the manual Dawes device to ca 1,1 bar boost and will run with it like this a while. The car is now washed and parked in the barn. Maybe I'll take it for a spin if the weather allows before I go to work for a couple of weeks again. ;)

Today was the first day I took the spider while the sun was shinning, it allowed me to top down. I understand your pleasure of taking your car for a ride while having good weather!! :D

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Officially jealous. Mine's on jackstands still, it's below zero and I don't have any winter tires.... :death:

But I'm happy that yours runs like it should  :thumbsup:

Officially jealous. Mine's on jackstands still, it's below zero and I don't have any winter tires.... :death:

But I'm happy that yours runs like it should  :thumbsup:

Below zero? You live on the wrong side of your country.. ;) the ancient Norwegian land was sunny and 4-5 degrees!

Below zero? You live on the wrong side of your country.. ;) the ancient Norwegian land was sunny and 4-5 degrees!

Yeah just brag with your Gulf stream benefit. :dweeba:

Edited by GTV-TB

If you say so... ;)

Did the character if the engine change now that you've replaced the pierburg valve with a manual boost controller?

It changed a lot... Without the catalytic converter the sound on idle is awesome :happy0045:

When driving, it spools up faster, and since the boost is locked to 1,1 bar at the moment I got that pressure all the time when I hit the pedal hard enough. :) And it feels much lighter on high revs. I can easily reach 6000-6500rpm before I have to change gear. This would not happen before as it did not manage this so easy. :)

Best mod along with the Q2 diff! :D

Here's a picture from Lysekil ma8e3enu.jpg

Sent from my Alfa Romeo!

Niiice!  :thumbsup:  Got winter tires on I see. 

Twin exhaust tips looks really good actually. Maybe better than quad tips since you don't have a Cup kit (like almost everyone else :P ) ?

So you have 2" part in your exhaust and that is not good. The restriction of the exhaust is determined by the smaller diameter. Flanges for exhaust can be laser cut with simple drawing at some company for metal stuffs.