Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

An E36 M3, and some custom E28 M5 and E30 M3 with a Supra engine in it... But both were very proffesional built and probably cost more than a Porsche GT3/Turbo, so... heheh
But the E36 M3 was honest, and does not cost much more than both the Alfas together. And there were a Lotus Elise. 

And a lot of rental cars. Scirocco, GT86 and so on... 

Were there other "cheap" cars attending? 

GTV is not a cheap car :bop: .... rental cars is, at least temporary. :)

An E36 M3, and some custom E28 M5 and E30 M3 with a Supra engine in it... But both were very proffesional built and probably cost more than a Porsche GT3/Turbo, so... heheh

But the E36 M3 was honest, and does not cost much more than both the Alfas together. And there were a Lotus Elise.

And a lot of rental cars. Scirocco, GT86 and so on...

I saw a video of that E30 2JZ on YouTube, probably linked to yours. Got bored when the chassis seemed too adapted to drag race and it had a sequential gearbox... Enjoyed watching your vids more!

At some point, I want to own an E36 M3 Coupé 3.2. I simply like it.

I saw a video of that E30 2JZ on YouTube, probably linked to yours. Got bored when the chassis seemed too adapted to drag race and it had a sequential gearbox... Enjoyed watching your vids more!

At some point, I want to own an E36 M3 Coupé 3.2. I simply like it.

Hehe Yes, and running on ethanol makes it stink! :P

The instructor was very satisfied with my driving, and I got very good feedback from him, so I must do something right on the track! It is nice to hear from a "expert" that you're doing it right. 

I almost bought a M3 last week... My Friend Erik and I want a proper "ring runner" ;)

Ahh.. Always good to bring out the GTV after some weeks without driving :D

Edited by Alfaduden

Do you not think it is hot as it is just now?.. infrared heating of the car ????........norrbaggar. :D

:beer:

Hmm...

I'm starting to think of selling the GTV, but I don't know what on earth that can replace it! I just love it. Good looking and handling that goes over a lot of other cars.

I like Maseratis, but they are not as sharp handling as GTV in my opinion. More a "cruiser". I have a Ghibli II GT in sight, but I don't know... hmmm

:hello::ph34r:

Well, I've never quite gotten the "I need this car"-feeling from the semi-modern Maseratis. The best incentive is that the rear suspension and transmission would be totally killer in a 916...

I've always liked cars with wide hips, so if I were to replace my 916, I'd probably be tempted by the Z3 M Coupé

Yeah I like the Z3 Coupe, but just because of the wide hips I like the Ghibli II as well... hmm...

But how could I let this get away?

IMG_3768_zps7491795e.jpg

IMG_3784_zps8b1ad6d1.jpg

IMG_3785_zps6a0069fa.jpg

IMG_3787_zps02c1c7f7.jpg

IMG_3788_zps76f89461.jpg

IMG_3786_zps056c07d0.jpg

Even though Maserati's are nice cars with great engines so for the amount of money you are forced to spend on ongoing

maintenance service of it you can do superior upgrades on your TB and probably end up with a more exciting / fun car.

But how could I let this get away?

You can not :) 

Even though Maserati's are nice cars with great engines so for the amount of money you are forced to spend on ongoing

maintenance service of it you can do superior upgrades on your TB and probably end up with a more exciting / fun car.

So you agree to flip in a 3L and install the turbo and get a engine management that can be mapped to suit?

So you agree to flip in a 3L and install the turbo and get a engine management that can be mapped to suit?

Off topic: If I was Norwegian/rich, I'd love to attempt my little unorthodox 916 dream (not counting the K20 Honda engine...) involving Maserati 3200/4200 front and rear suspension and transmission in a GTV body with a longitudinally fitted Busso. Possibly a supercharger or twin turbos. Hmm....  :rolleyes:

On topic. Do it, sir!

Off topic: If I was Norwegian/rich, I'd love to attempt my little unorthodox 916 dream (not counting the K20 Honda engine...) involving Maserati 3200/4200 front and rear suspension and transmission in a GTV body with a longitudinally fitted Busso. Possibly a supercharger or twin turbos. Hmm....  :rolleyes:

On topic. Do it, sir!

Are you nuts?

If I were Norwegian and living in Sweden you mean... Then this would be a perfect project!

Nah Filip is nuts :D...so I can not, go 2L. :) 

So, I'm ready for the last long trip this year (most likely). 1200km roundtrip from Tønsberg to Ålesund. I will have a lot of mounain passes including some of these:

5.jpg

Geiranger%20sett%20fra%20Dalsnibba.jpg

Atlanterhavsveien_flyfoto2-jpg-800_400-c

I promise some spectacular photos if the conditions are good! But with the GTV as main motive :D

See you in a week!

Beautiful landscape. And enjoyable mountain roads!!!

Have fun and take thousand photos!

The third photo is it the Atlantic road/Atlanterhavsveien ?

Have a nice trip. :thumbsup:

The third photo is it the Atlantic road/Atlanterhavsveien ?

Have a nice trip. :thumbsup:

Yap. Did not go there this time though. Next year maybe ;)

By the way, new Mtec discs were fitted before my weekend trip to Stavanger in July. Cheap, and very good discs so far! Together with tar-ox pads (that is more expencive than the discs :huh:) it works really good!

Mtec, go for it! Brembo, throw it!