Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Monni

The new guy from Luxembourg

Hi guys,

Hello from Luxembourg.

Alfista since 2001, first with an Alfa 147, followed by a 159 Sportwagon (twice a jtd Distinctive), I had to switch to a different manufacturer in 2014 as Alfa (still) has failed to produce a successor for my beloved 159.

Even though my daily driver is now a different brand because of those reasons, the Alfa virus still subsists. For years, I've been tempted to buy a Spider, and after browsing the ads over the last months, seeing lots of high km spiders, many rotten and badly maintained ones, plus some rather unfortunate tuning objects, I now found a very low mileage untuned well maintained 916 3.2 - I bought it yesterday on the spot.

happy to be back ;-)

Right, as promised some pics, after (finally) passing customs, technical control and registration - fully cleaned too :-)

post-1198-0-98809000-1434274035_thumb.jp

post-1198-0-06982500-1434274072_thumb.jp

Untuned ? :) do you mean the engine, think I do see some chassis tuning that is done :D , nice car you have there. :thumbsup:

Very nice! Where did you get it from?

Untuned ? :) do you mean the engine, think I do see some chassis tuning that is done :D , nice car you have there. :thumbsup:

Nah I think he meant no nasty body 'tuning' ;)

Nico,

I bought it in Germany from a retired engineer and car fanatic. Drove over ten Alfa V6 over the years, has currently six cars in parallel, and decided that the Spider had now to leave after 12 years in his possession - with full service history and not even 40.000km...

Untuned - well, apart from Bilstein B6 and some minor tweaks here and there, it actually is OEM.

Love it.

Fine, another Spider 3.2 :)

Welcome!

Best regards

Michael

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Joost1990
      Some people here already know me, some don't... For the people that don't know me, here an introduction: http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/1294-spider-twin-spark-turbo-project/http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/1294-spider-twin-spark-turbo-project/

The turbo project is as good as done so from now on I'm mainly working on the looks of the Spider.
      Due to a lot of technical issues, tuning and other priorities in the past 1,5 years, I was only able to do some minor adjustments on the exterior.
      I changed the wheels (from 16 inch standard p2 wheels to Siena's), bought Novitec coilovers and drove it like this for 1 year/25.000 kms.

It looked good but I wasn't satisfied as I always wanted Giulietta/8c Spider wheels and a cup kit.

2 years ago I bought a bumper with Cup/Zender spoiler which I finally painted last week and mounted today. This is the result. I'm starting to get satisfied with the looks but there's still a lot of work to be done!

• By frudebaker
      85,000km on clock, manufactured 4/2000
    • By metz
      Hi,

its time for present my GTV at forums aswell, i think she has derserved that attation It's winter time here and she is sleeping in the garage waiting for some part replacement. I have been with her almost 2 years now. She was pretty poor condition at the beginning but even then she brought smile on my face. GTV is car that everyone had to own one day to realize the beauty of world. And yes, she has her temperament.

• By ivan
      Hi everybody,
      finally I've got time to show you my Mary: a spider 3.0 V6 24V elegante edition (1 of 241 pieces)
      When I bought it, the car was already like new, but I spent the past winter to get a proper show room condition!
      I try to keep it as original as I can... but the tuner that lives in me sometimes push me to change parts!

This was the status when I bought it...

But then, during winter time, I deeply took care of this beast!

Starting from the interior, where some of the trim parts needed "love", some scratches on the plastic and some nail polish in a fancy magenta red on the leather trim...

I've also reflocked the open box on the tunnel and revitalized the Momo leather with the original Montecarlo black colour...

I've treated the center stack with some liquid wax and got rid of plastic imperfections...

The rubber rotaries before and after:

Then after a long research I found an original Zender pedal set and an Alfa Corse model... I had no sleep for a week, thinking which model I had to have in the car!... In the end I've opted for the Alfa Corse set, thinking that, after I restored it, the Zender looked too delicate, especially the rubber bubbles!

From Zender I bought a brand new shift knob.... that is still waiting for his brother "alu handbrake"!

In this photo, you can see the Blaupunkt radio CD, that I'm replacing with an Alfa Romeo old radio cassette! Cool!
      Also the key deserved a "deep" clean!

I used only a spit of Meguiar's compound that, in this case, helps to renew the self painted plastic parts.

In the next episode:
      engine bay!