Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Paso

GTV 3.0 V6 24V Paso

183 posts in this topic

Very easy installation. And afterwards you can shift like a 2017 car :)  But this thing is around 23g haevier than the original part :'(

I expected nothing less from you! I knew that I can rely on you when weight details are in question! ;) It's true that it's very heavy. I think there is no option now for me but to go on diet and to lose some weight! :) 

And as I said few months ago, I have a new upgrade, it's finally finished, the waiting list was rather long, almost 6 months, but it's here now...

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

Now I need the puller tool to remove the old one out... I hope I'll find it this week and then make a proper photo of the interior.

Installed! :) I am very very happy! Here is one teaser photo from the garage until I make some quality photos on daylight!

GTV-Q2-Paso-steering.jpg

Looks really really well! Although I like better the ph2 interior, I somehow appreciate more amd more the ph1 interior, suits the youngtimer look&frel even more! I was just thinking the other days how, ironically, I would have preffered my GTV being older, preferably from the first series in '95 :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen your steering wheel probably before you did Great choice with the silver on the bottom, I knew it was yours the moment I saw the photos. Will have one in my GTV one day.

@ALXege Yes, I agree, Phase 2 interior is nicer but it's mostly because of the circular air diffusers on the top, what I love about Ph1 are those large and emphasized central gauges. In this combination they work rather well. I choosed aluminum-look flat bottom to match the console and that was a good decision, it blends well. Maybe I'd go for Ph2 conversion, but when I saw what is needed to do it, it's only for crazy ones - like Charlee! ;)

@charlee I can imagine, our regional community is really well connected and every news spreads in no time! :) 

Today we had annual international Alfisti meeting in Rijeka, Croatia. It was over 200 Alfas, there was a track driving session on the Grobnik racetrack, a lot of fun and great people! Finally I got a chance to take a better photo of the new MR Performance steering wheel! :)

Alfa-GTV-Q2-volan-2.jpg

Alfa-GTV-Q2-volan-1.jpg

Alfisti-Grobnik-2017-028.jpg

Hrrmmm .. 145 (boxer or TS?) is fastest of what I can see on the pictures :-)

7 minutes ago, Paso said:

It was too many cars on the track to have a real race, 145 was not ahead for long! ;)

:thumbsup:

Yes, it was rapid, but not so much as I thought - but I think it's because of a driver, an Italian, not familiar with our Grobnik racetrack. It should be much much faster in experienced hands. I followed it in corners quite good with my Koni setup and Q2, but the acceleration of 4C is far better on straight parts of the track.

Hey I got a very nice Christmas present from the wife this year..........a great read 

IMG_2744.thumb.JPG.a16f0200d56474e6bd508097b728db25.JPG

Recognise this 916 😊

IMG_2745.thumb.JPG.524bd855a248d43ff040ee0f27726328.JPG

IMG_2746.thumb.JPG.e23ce47a7a0fe02afc8ffd3879f40e05.JPG

IMG_2747.thumb.JPG.6b927e8f8aa731a97ec2f7b9fcf6e725.JPG

😎👍

I am on new set of tyres. I had Toyo Proxes T1-R and while they are perfect on dry and great in rain, they lasted only 4.800 km. Performance-wise I can recommend them, but in durability zone they are very weak. Yes, I admit, there was a bit of trackday use :), but 10.000 km should be some minimum I believe.

DWOrJRCWsAAWvpu.jpg

Now I am on Nexen N8000 and we'll see. It's also a very soft tyre, but on top of middle segment (reputable German Autobild test), right below premium tyres. As I do low mileage there was no point to invest in very expensive tyres as they'll get old before I wore them down, so this could be a happy compromise. So far they are quiet and comfortable (for a 19") and I hope they will last at least 5.000 km. 

I am long overdue with this (playing with luck) and now the time has come to do the timing belt replacement. I bought the Continental set, the newest I could get was 11/2017, I guess that would be fine.

GTV remen.jpeg