Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joris

Spider Sportivo

532 posts in this topic

Update, the 166 steering is now in Polen for his big make over! Can't hardly wait to see the result!

For radio control on the steering wheel to work i bought a 156 FL radio unit.

The front fits all nice, just needs some sanding at the corners and it fits.

For the holes arround the front going to use some filler and its like 1 with the centerconsole.

Then paint it black and will look nice and superclean!

Hope i get the steering control buttons work easy with the radio :)

I also orderd some EL Frontpipes! Very excited what music the 12v whill produce!

post-194-0-99387800-1363266656_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-00157900-1363266670_thumb.jpg

I sold them. there were far to many sets here, i did not find them any special anymore.

In the end its just a beautiful but fake 2 piece rim made out of bad material.

Watch out for second hand wheels, they might have cracks

If you just have patience, you will find a nice set of siena's no doubt. :thumbsup:

Edit : Where did you're text go?

Nice car Joris I like what you have done/doing to it :thumbsup:

1 question with regards the front seats, what do you do with the seat belt, there doesn't seem to be a clip on top of the seat so I assume they came out of a GTV?

I've got some Electrically Adjustable/Heated Front Seats from a GTV and never thought of fitting them in my Spider for this reason.

post-447-0-82737600-1363326995_thumb.jpg

The seat belt clip is missing because it are Gtv seats indeed.

Electric/heated seats where never an option in the Spider.

I have a plan for this, but its not bodering me because i drive only 5000 km max a year.

You just have to be gentle with the belt when you get out of the car, so its stays with the seat and not behind it :P

But i have more than one possible solutions, you see. ;)

Loveley spider joris! I admire your effort in this one! I am currently trying to find a replacement of the seats. I'd really like the sportiva seats, but have other alternatives as well, like sparco Milanos... ;) The easiest way of getting sportiva interior seem to be to buy a whole car :o and for the price of a sportiva TS you'll get two sparco Milanos :P Hehe

Here you go mate :) : http://www.marktplaa...previousPage=lr

The Milano's are superb looking in a Gtv! Personaly don't like them in a spider.

The Sportiva's are difficult, you just need a little bit of luck and lots of patience.

I've searchd the web for 3 years almost every day :ph34r: and luckely find them when i was not looking an a scrapheap!

Here you go mate :) : http://www.marktplaa...previousPage=lr

The Milano's are superb looking in a Gtv! Personaly don't like them in a spider.

The Sportiva's are difficult, you just need a little bit of luck and lots of patience.

I've searchd the web for 3 years almost every day :ph34r: and luckely find them when i was not looking an a scrapheap!

Too bad they're tan... I need black, but I guess it can be sorted out... Are they located far away from you? Maybe I need to spend some days during Easter to go to Netherlands... ;)

I have this in my sight tho: http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/alfa-romeo-gtv-alfa-gtv-2-0-edizione-sportiva-sondermodell-essen/175305853.html?lang=de&pageNumber=1&__lp=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=900&makeModelVariant1.modelId=19&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariantExclusion1.searchInFreetext=false&minFirstRegistrationDate=2001-01-01&features=ELECTRIC_HEATED_SEATS&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

B)

Yes got back the Spider today from her long wintersleep :happy0045:

First ride off the year with the roof down was super nice!

Also getting closer to a clean end product with the 156 radio in the center console. :)

post-194-0-29377000-1364412578_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-45651600-1364412599_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-69040200-1364412608_thumb.jpg

The dash in your Spider looks nice and clean, I'm looking forwards to seeing the end product with the stereo.

Whats happened to your other wheels are you running teledials as a winter wheel?

Andy.

Yes i needed 17'' Teledials (they fit nice icw the 330 brembo's) for winter sleep so the OZ wheels can stay at home :)

The Spider is first going to the garage, when its back i will put the OZ wheels back under. :wub:

Just tryed the new counters and the color is perfect! :wub:

For me this gives far more sporty feeling, and perfect matches the interior of the car.

Tryed to get the color right on photo but its hard in the dark...

So color looks little different on pics below but gives you an impression.

Maybe i will try again later with better equipment.

post-194-0-49132300-1364498471_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-65023000-1364498477_thumb.jpg

Thanks, when the dash is totaly finished with all red LED's and center console i will post some more.

Our Charlee is alive! :) How about a new photo contest? Now we have over 100 members!

Joris, you know that your Spider is my No.1, so I guess I am entitled to do some nit-picking in good intention, you know that I am in graphic design business, so I notice such details... IMHO that Pininfarina badge on the central console is just too big! Such signs must have space to breathe, they can't be placed without any safe zone around on that position with six instruments around. Make a decal, make it half that size and in silver, that should do the trick if you want it there.

He Charlee!

The red of youre dials is almost the same as mine, but i think you have better camera for dark pictures :huh:

Thanks for youre opinion Paso, i agree the badge is a little big but i rather don't want a decal becouse it could look cheap..

I will think on something, can't we make Squadra916 design? :)

We could do a Squadra916 Limited Edition plaque for your car :)

That pic was taken with an iPhone. Mine are red LEDs, about 30 of them :lol:

@Joris - maybe to make an inverted Pinifarina design sticker on a cutter and then spray it over so there'll be no decal feel?

Or, as Charlee suggested, a small metal plate could be carved (maybe in GTV Cup plate dimensions)? I like the idea and as a matter of fact I remember that my friend has done that years ago for his Alfa after he tuned it. Nowadays it's not expensive at all to carve any vector file into plastic or metal. That could be the solution! :)

Do you have pics of that Paso? I like the idee.

For now i did put back the Pininfarina emblem... :)

I sprayd the console with Plastidip!

Very nice material, dry quick and easy to use.

Going to try it on the Teledials sometime.

post-194-0-17388900-1364916749_thumb.jpg

Not as planned but i just couldn't resist this bargain...

So my new ''winterset'' : 18'' Siena's :P

They need lots of love 3 of the lips are having damage and the tires are worn.

Nice project for the summer days.

After fitting, i lowerd the coilovers at the front with an extra 0,5cm and put the OZ wheels back under.

The 235 tires are looking sweet! :wub: Post some pics later.

post-194-0-71243300-1366206142_thumb.jpg