Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joris

Spider Sportivo

532 posts in this topic

Yes he also said it was top price but he never saw one before and could get just this one.

I already got mine for 150,- so sendid him this what also cost me 25,- :huh:

In the end its expensive i think, so it bether be good!

Yes :) It better be  B)

I saw a few 166s with those steering wheels. Could even get one for myself a few years ago, but I didn't think I could get the buttons working.

Well, like i said before communication is a problem with the steeringwheel guy...

Told him yesterday to leave the red stripe and its oke the way it is.

Didnt get a reply so sendid one again today, the end of the day i heard that he didnt checkt his email.

The leather was already stripped off and new is going on tomorrow without the red stripe... :smile25:

haha.. It was kind of cool with the red stripe, but better all black with red stitching ;)

Anyway, your cenrte console with the new radio looks awesome! Was it much job to build in the radio face?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Center console wash quite a job... i think 2 days of work.

If you need more detail let me know.

Steering is done! Hoping to have it back home within 4 days.

Very pleased with the result. :wub:

post-194-0-99554900-1367417730_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-04860000-1367417737_thumb.jpg

Engine is getting big maintenance on the camshafts, new lifters and cups timebelt etcetc :mellow:  

Nice moment to work on the engine cover and intake!

Sprayed them with red wrinkle paint, already had the smaller cover at the front.

Polished the ribs, happy with the result.

post-194-0-45226500-1368101799_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-78468800-1368101811_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-84523900-1368101824_thumb.jpg

Did you make some preparation (cleaning, polishing) of cam covers before using of that paint. From very close that paint looks very strange to me. Maybe there is some specific method of painting with such paint. But I really like red covers with polished lines and inscriptions, very good combination.

The steering wheel looks very good  :thumbsup: .

It's all about details!

Got lots of plans... B)

Yes, First you have to wash and sand them a little so they are clean, don't have to be smooth becouse you want structure.

Then you degrease them and they are ready to paint, make sure its 20+ degrees outside.

When you spray the wrinkle coat at first it looks like normal paint.

The wrinkle/shrinking starts when you bake the parts for 20 min every layer in the oven at 125 degrees.

You whil see some result at 15 min.

The intake and little front cover are the best looking this got 4 layers, the covers got 3.

After 1 day drying the transformation is complete you can sand the ribs with 150 - 400 -1000 to polish.

I did al the parts with one spraycan.

Make sure youre wife is gone for 2 days... :rolleyes:

No 2K. Its called wrinkle paint, they use it standard on the Ferrari intake manifolds... :)

post-194-0-62750300-1368115963_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-26088900-1368115965_thumb.jpg

I know it's wrinkle paint, but I was asking if it's 2K (two part or two component). Is it resistant to petrol?

If you used a spray can, then it's not 2K. Tre problem with spray can paint is that it's not resistant at all. You can remove the paint with petrol.

There are 2K paint in spray cans but they are very rare and are mostly clear.

You could maybe get a quality 2K matt clear layer on top of the covers to make it bulletproof ;) No need for it to be heat resistant really...

Okay, My experience with the small engine cover is allright.

Its on the car for 2 years and still looks good.

Little bit faded but the paint is not coming off.

Never had petrol ore oil on it so don't know how it compete.

Sadly not mounted yet... :(

Car is still in garage, hope work is done to the engine and other mechanical parts.

Hoping it runs today! then mounting the steering end of the week.