Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
JimBo

JimBo´s GTV 3.0 V6 Edizione Sportiva

It´s time for a short introduction! My name is Jimme, living in Amsterdam Holland most of my life. Not necessarily born, but definetely raised with Alfa Romeo since my early childhood. My father used to work for Alfa Romeo Netherlands for years. Before I got my driving license I used to spent my time on the backseats of a Giulia, 90, several 75s, several 164s and of course 33s. Once I got my driving license at 18 I finally was allowed to drive these cars myself as well. The one I remember most vividly was the 155 Q4 with the Integrale motor and four wheel drive, amazing cornering! Another epic moment in that time was the introduction of the SZ which were delivered to the head office before being distributed. I was so lucky to see 15+ brand new SZs standing there ontouched!

My own Alfa life began with a 146 1.4 Junior which was my first lease car in 1998. It had the same trim as the top range 2.0 QV, but only with the 1.4 engine unfortunately :-( Still loved the car all the same. Drove many times to the Austrian Alps for skiing, the south of France and Scandanavia for holiday, never had a problem with that car. A couple of years later I bought a 10 year old 164 2.0 Super and a 145 1.4 Junior for my girlfriend, life was perfect ;-)

After a couple of years with a family people carrier (lease Citroen Picasso) to accomodate for my two beautiful daughters, it was time for a true Alfa again. As it did not have to be a daily driver or anything practical, I went for my ultimate Alfa, the GTV with the Busso V6. Did my research and concluded it had to be a phase 2 from 2000 or later, because of the nicer dashboard, 6 speed gearbox and some other specific items. While researching found that there was a specific version delivered in Germany of which only 500 were produced and the trim was exactly what I wanted. In no time I found one with only 84000Km from 2001 which I could not get off of my mind. Imported it in 2010, got it serviced properly and now enjoying it every time, all the time!

Cheers,

Jimme

PS: I posted the URL to www.squadra916.com on our Dutch www.alfa916register.nl site, so you will see more and more Dutch 916 enthousiasts joining here as well! We have a very active community in NL loving the 916 ;-)

Cheers,

Jimme

PS: I posted the URL to www.squadra916.com on our Dutch www.alfa916register.nl site, so you will see more and more Dutch 916 enthousiasts joining here as well! We have a very active community in NL loving the 916 ;-)

Jimme

Thanks for this .

The more members the better.

Knowledge is fantastic to share and to obtain

Alan

Guys, I've got very bad news about the Sportiva presented here as it has been declared total loss :-(

The good news is I already found a worthy successor which I will present here soon!

Yes and no. Technically it is not stripped yet, but waiting to be stripped by Ruby (Colin). If you need/want parts I suggest to contact Ruby via this forum.

Finally the new Sportiva is now ready to hit the road!

She was transported from Germany over to Holland to go directly to my mechanic for major maintenance. Timebelt replacement, waterpump replacement, oil refresh and some other small things. Next was registering it formally in Holland to get a license plate on it. One setback was the fact that I could not reuse the German TUV for the Dutch APK (MOT), which meant it had to go back to the shop again to get MOT on it. I knew it would mean getting some other things done that I wanted to wait with, but anyway got it all done now and she drives like new!

New pictures in my profile! http://www.squadra916.com/forums/garage/vehicle/108-alfa-romeo-gtv-edizione-sportiva/

Stunning Gtv, really looking brand new! :wub:

Like what you did with the center console mate! :thumbsup:

Thanks Joris! Like to upgrade things on the GTV which I feel improves the overall look and feel of the car without changing it too much. Getting the Cup center console is one of those things. I still feel they should have equipped all 916 with such a center console to be honest. Your new center console also looks much better then the orginal. One more Cup related upgrade to follow soon...