Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic

Respect to charlee  :clap: ! You will make it like new!

I like removing of the LPG also ;)

About downpipe and exhaust, 2.5" will be fine  :) . The best will be to be fabricated custom downpipe.

Does anyone know the right fuel hose diameter? The small hoses connecting the fuel rails. Are they 8mm?

wow charlie, just read this from start to finish and what a credit to you, what a transformation, your gtv looks stunning :wub:

i have a question, where can i buy a set of 19 ti replica wheels from please?  :D

Last time I changed them  I used 8mm hose, it fitted nicely.

Just as I suspected  :D Thanks  :thumbsup:

wow charlie, just read this from start to finish and what a credit to you, what a transformation, your gtv looks stunning :wub:

i have a question, where can i buy a set of 19 ti replica wheels from please?  :D

Thanks! I've seen some 19" TI replicas around and they weren't that expensive. Have a look on Italian eBay but I'm sure you could source some locally.

I've cleaned the idle cotrol valve and my idle is hunting like hell. When I disconnect the ICV it slightly raises the idle but it stops hunting. Could it be related to something else? Air leak?

charlee, on 21 Jan 2015 - 19:56, said:

I've cleaned the idle cotrol valve

:hello: If it works do not mess with it... :P

my idle is hunting like hell. When I disconnect the ICV it slightly raises the idle but it stops hunting. Could it be related to something else? Air leak?

How much RPM max/min at idle?

I know now :)

When you start the car it idles at 2000rpm then starts falling after a few minutes to the usual 600/700/wtvr and then starts hunting from 300 to 1500 app.

To start with, try to wiggle the ICV to see if it is a problem with the intake plenum seal, also check air hoses that connects to intake plenum after the throttle valve incl. the 6 hoses between intake plenum and intake pipes.

Check TPS so you have an "distinctive click" near fully open throttle and near closed throttle.

A tired engine management temp sensor or lambda sensor can sometimes give a fault like this.

Best of luck with your hunt. :)

Tried wiggling the ICV and even sealed the rubber with some sealant. Checked the hoses, everything seems ok. Replaced all intake pipe gaskets.

Will check the TPS. I've noticed that if I disconnect the TPS it makes no difference.

Replaced all intake pipe gaskets.

Do you use gaskets or O-rings to seal the intake pipes?

charlee, on 23 Jan 2015 - 11:01, said:

Should I use both? Originally I had O-rings. But according to ePer, both are used

Skip the gaskets and use O-rings instead, ePer are lying. ;)

Ok, will do. :) Not the first time I see wrong data in ePer. They make their catalogues as they do cars :D

charlee, on 23 Jan 2015 - 11:25, said:

Not the first time I see wrong data in ePer. They make their catalogues as they do cars :D

True, it can sometimes be quite confusing.  :huh: 

Can there be a problem with the coolant sensor if the idle is too high? 

EDIT: Seen your post again... Will try that too.

Ok, removed the gaskets, put O-rings instead. Idle still too high. I'll try another ICV just to check.

Just to be sure,  have you done any adjustments on the screw that the arrows pointing on?

post-17-0-44747900-1422091943_thumb.jpg

No, I haven't adjusted it. Should I? I have tried a different icv and it's the same. When the car starts cold it shoots to 2000+ rpm and after 5-6 minutes it settles down and idles normally and pretty much stable. I have checked all hoses and pipes and it all looks good to me.

But I don't know how that could have anything to do with my problems... The car idles great after a few minutes.