Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Paso

GTV 2.0 Twin Spark Turbo

My friend has a really interesting project, so I'll cover it in this thread... ask what you want, I'll try to answer or I'll ask him for the details...

1496488372736-982126760.jpg

15 hours ago, blackbini said:

Cool :) How much HP did he get?

Not sure at the moment (yet to go on dyno) but according to Megasquirt mapping it should now be in 220-240 range. It can go higher, but maybe with forged pistons if it's to last. I'll report how it performs compared to my fully standard 3.0. The sound is great:

http://dpasaric.kreativni.hr/Alfa fotke/Alfa audio-video/GTV TwinSpark Turbo.MOV

I've tested GTV 2.0 Twin Spark Turbo this morning! :) 

DDE99KjWAAAPvcU.jpg

It's pretty crazy! :) The whole driving experience is a very different to 3.0 V6. Busso is silky smooth and powerful throughout the range and this is a different beast - it's almost lazy in the lower range but above 4.500 rpm it gets utterly mad! :) I've warped up the hill in no time with blowoff valve hissing and engine screaming with freeflow exhaust. What a experience! :) I hope the engine will endure, now it's set to 0.5 bar.

It's hard to say, but I think it's faster. It delivers power in a completely different way, so I can't compare it. Once, we'll try to dragrace it! ;)

I have just bought the original autodelta Alfa spider turbo, but it has no turbo dials? It's 220 bhp 0-60 in 6.2 seconds but a bit worried it doesn't have any turbo dials or readings anywhere, Is that normal? 

And now something special... GTV 2.0 Twin Spark Turbo with Quaife LSD on the Grobnik racetrack in Croatia.

(And if you wonder about that Lambo - yes, later on he passed that Gallardo!) :)

And some more uploads from Grobnik.... the track is superb now as it has super-fresh asphalt! :)

It's a privilege to have such a nice track 15 min from downtown, such a joy to drive... :)

On 20-6-2017 at 02:05, Paso said:

My friend has a really interesting project, so I'll cover it in this thread... ask what you want, I'll try to answer or I'll ask him for the details...

1496488372736-982126760.jpg

Coincedence; I have exactly the same intercooler on my TB.. but didn't cut away anything from the crossmember. I used 54mm silicone hses and 55mm stainless steel piping. This is a bit bigger I see.

He also kept the original radiator and airconditoner like me. What turbo is on it?

Mine is running on 1,2 bar but I can't go higher than 5500rpm because from that point it is going to run lean because of the original MotorManagement and injectors. The Squadra Chips help a bit to give more fuel I guess.. but still not enough, the injectors run out of flow at 5500rpm so it will have +/-220-240hp @ 5500rpm I guess. When the rpm can go up the horses will go up accordingly.. :thumbsup: