Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
redgaz

Hi from Birmingham

Hi Folks, just joined!. i bought a GTV V6 just before Christmas :happy0045:

Welcome... But where's all the info on you and your car??! :D

Hi Filip, hmmm, how long have you got? :huh:

Bought it on the 12th Dec 2013. Previous owner had spent £7000-£8000 pounds on it in the two or three years he owned it !!! :o.. including full Alfaholics exhaust system.. .....but i've had to do a bit to it, here goes.........

New rear springs/ dampers. Fit second hand rear light bar, original cracked. Dampers 'shot'

Lights useless so fitted HID kit to dipped headlights and fog lights, LED's in front side lights, puddle, rear number plate, interior and boot lights.

Previous owner had fitted new spring pans but bushes were starting to fail, fitted powerflex ones.

Most of engine wiring loom needed re-routeing, large loom bracket by thermostate hanging loose etc etc.

New bonnet struts, new n/s plastic side light trim thingy. wiper refills.

Reconditioned gear stick / ball housing assembly fitted, old unit was a total botch job, gear stick cut off, ball housing split and wood screws bodged in, reverse bridge broke off, didn't notice this on test run as i didn't get out of 4th gear, selecting 5th/6th gear turned out to be hit and miss to say the least!!. Turned out gear remote unit on top of g/box had been butchered as well, the shaft that goes through the nylon bushes had been attacked with an angle grinder, this really did take some believing!!. :(

No air bag light at all, another thing i didn't notice on viewing and wasn't informed of  :angry:  lcd had been butchered, resoldered, diag revealed ECU 'shot', s/hand ECU fitted.....sorted..... (will they never learn).............Ash tray and fag lighter lights fixed whilst in there.

Top engine mount polybushed. Driver inner door handle broken spring replaced.Replaced not very old weeping slave cylinder.

Reconditioned front bumper irons fitted (n/s had rotted right through) plus loads of Waxoyl, repaired and refitted small undertray under air filter.Engine oil / filter changed.

All exhaust rubber hangers replaced, perished and one never fitted?. n/s headlight aligned.

Boot lock/ solenoid stripped down/ reconditioned, boot light fixed, barrel clip replaced.New front grille badge fitted.

Fitted a pair of laser cut 'pininfarina' badges, one worn one missing.

That's about it ......so far, ....in a few days a new GTA clutch / flywheel/ Quaiffe and starter motor to go in, clutch stiff and starter motor shrieks on cold start up, another little detail i wasn't aware of till the first morning i turned the key :angry: . New manifold gaskets to go on as i think somethings blowin but it could be the...... 'sports'...... exhaust :mellow:

Overall though i've quite taken to this GTV.

Big thanks to 'Smaky' for all his help and input on this car, no way could i have got this lot done without him........Be Good, Gaz

Edited by redgaz

That sounds like a lot of work..alabour of love more than anything.. So welcome to Squadra 916!

Thanks Alfaman, nice looking Cup. Were bound to bump into each other at an event or two  :thumbsup:   Gaz

That sounds like a lot of work..alabour of love more than anything.. So welcome to Squadra 916!

Edited by redgaz

Welcome to the forum  ;) .

I see that a lot of thing have been repaired, but the work isn't finished yet.

Fitted a pair of laser cut 'pininfarina' badges, one worn one missing. 

So you have ordered custom made badges instead of buying new or second hand original ones? Can you show us some pictures of them. 

Good luck with the car :thumbsup: .

post-805-0-72065900-1394900324_thumb.jpg

Here they are, got them from e-bay. Gaz :thumbsup:

Item No. 400373216999

Edited by redgaz

Welcome in Gaz ;) All sorted for the road trip now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Dude, nearly,GTA flywheel,clutch and starter motor to go on down at Smakys Monday.  B)

post-805-0-51533200-1394901376.jpgpost-805-0-17040300-1394901420_thumb.jpg

Old and new badges. What do you think?.

post-805-0-15006300-1394901316_thumb.jpg

Edited by redgaz

Welcome!
Regarding pininfarina badges, I bought them new from my local Huyndai pusher... They are identical and you get them for pennies...

Im corious about the boot solenoid fix... My boot is popping up by it self when parked. Is this due to a fail button/solenoid? When I press the button in the glove box it works fine, but it is super sensitive..

I assume that the solenoid is the switch itself? Or is this located at another place?

Not identical, same design but slightly bigger. Not an issue in my opinion.

Hi! I missed this topic :( welcome aboard! 

You need to put some pictures of your gtv :)

And a question... where do you plan to buy your quaife diff? I'm looking for an other one...  :P

Hi, sorry about slow reply. Quaiffe now fitted with solid flywheel and clutch, new starter solenoid. Bought the clutch from Autolusso.

I'll try to get some photo's up soon. :rolleyes:

Might see you around I split my time between Ipswich and Birmingham