Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Evoman's GTV 3.0 V6 24v ( 2001 )

30 posts in this topic

I have recently purchased a stunning GTV in France. 2001 and only 32000 km, full service history.

She is Alfa Rosso with black leather.

My planning for the coming month :

18 Inch Sienna wheels

Custom made exhaust with a butterfly valve

Cup kit

Lowering the suspension

VW Golf R32 style Recaro bucket seats ( converted to Alfa with embroided logo and new style leather )

Custom dials

Black centre panel

Xenon conversion

Work starts next week, when I recieve my Dutch registration number and can get the plates made.

I will keep this topic updated every now and then. Off course with detailed pictures.

Jolly good ole boy !!

Tell me more, what engine does she have?

The title of the topic is a bit of a give away ;-)

3.0 24v , much smoother then the 12v. I have to drive it a bit harder to see what the exact difference is.

The 12v seems to have more of an attitude.

From what I understand the 12V has a little more low down grunt but also a mid range flat spot compared to the 24V.

I thought this was the Spider thread. Lol

From what I understand the 12V has a little more low down grunt but also a mid range flat spot compared to the 24V.

I thought this was the Spider thread. Lol

True, it picks up faster but is out of breath faster. I need to trash the pants out of it soon. Then you will receive some useful info.

Greetings for the new car  :) . Looks like very good example on very low km. I think that you have to start new topic about it and the title of this topic to go back to old name. After all this is other car.

I notice at around 4k rpm the 24V takes off. The cf3 engine is ment to have a better ecu that helps the engine deliver more top end power.

(Cf3) Ecu attached to the intake plenum.

PHOTOS........?!

I will bombard you with pictures. It was delivered by truck and now in storage, so no real photo opportunity yet.

Now it is just a red GTV, when the modifications start. That is when all the fun begins.

These are the seats I am talking about. They should fit on to the Alfa rail system. They can fold to the front, for a 2 door car.

To many of you it might be horror, fitting VW seats in a GTV.

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/29bj3iv/5

I will also attempt to make headlight washers. It seems that if you order the complete system from the BMW 5 series, you can make this

work. The nozzles are also small and discrete. They can be found at breakers yards in huge numbers, so if I can get a complete set for peanuts, I will have a go. The nozzles will be bumper mounted, so it looks easy enough.

Today I will wrap some tasty Pirelli rubber on the 18 Inch Sienna's. I love the shiny ring around the wheels. I did not have this on my Spider, now I have the high gloss outer ring.

The centre console will be with red " Alfa Romeo" writing. To match the exterior. Once again I will fit a Parrot Asteroid.

I am waiting for a quote on the exhaust. I found a guy in Belgium that is very helpfull and full of knowledge. 

My hands are itching. Sitting at home, not working on my car drives me crazy. I want it finished....today.

These are the seats I am talking about. They should fit on to the Alfa rail system. They can fold to the front, for a 2 door car.

To many of you it might be horror, fitting VW seats in a GTV.

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/29bj3iv/5

I will also attempt to make headlight washers. It seems that if you order the complete system from the BMW 5 series, you can make this

work. The nozzles are also small and discrete. They can be found at breakers yards in huge numbers, so if I can get a complete set for peanuts, I will have a go. The nozzles will be bumper mounted, so it looks easy enough.

Today I will wrap some tasty Pirelli rubber on the 18 Inch Sienna's. I love the shiny ring around the wheels. I did not have this on my Spider, now I have the high gloss outer ring.

The centre console will be with red " Alfa Romeo" writing. To match the exterior. Once again I will fit a Parrot Asteroid.

I am waiting for a quote on the exhaust. I found a guy in Belgium that is very helpfull and full of knowledge. 

My hands are itching. Sitting at home, not working on my car drives me crazy. I want it finished....today.

The seats look great. I would want that R logo gone, though. Are they easy to find? Heavy? Adjustable? 

Off course the Alfa logo will be present. They are heavy. Built German style. You can find these on several online auction sites. I want the inner seat parts to be in the original style, to match the rear seats. They should look like the belong in the car.

You crazy man…  :happy0045:

Haha where did you get the 18'' siena's? 

Seats look like the Recaro Sportster CS i found importer that can deliver this seat in almost any color.

Love this seat!

Maybe you also like the Sparco Milano? Fabian got a pear and there cheap!

Link : http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Sparco-Milano-prestige-tan-leather-sport-seats-/201009765112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item2ecd1d9af8&_uhb=1

Can't wait for the pics to come!

EvoMan, these seats looks good and very sporty. Will be interesting how they look in the car.

I have speak for this Sparco Milano with Fabian probably more than half a year ago. But right now I can't afford to make such purchase. I love this model and will put one picture on here :happy0045: , sorry EvoMan  :rolleyes: .

34428d1144981289-aftermarket-seats-mainp

A little off topic, but where is Fabian. He even don't make advert for them on here (and don't tell me that they are finally for sale).

Sure, I like the Milano's. The trouble is, I have bought the VW seats. Both seats have to be re upholstered to match my taste. I like the unknown, and no one has fitted VW seats yet ;-)

Another thing is, I want the rear of the seats ( the " backplate" ) painted in Alfa Rosso. This to brighten up the dark interior.

Thanks for pointing the seats out though. If I knew 3 days ago, I would probably have bought them.

About those headlight washers. I presume you want to use the nozzles from BMW e39 series? Those nozzles are small and they don't retract, which makes them easy to install. But, I'm not sure that you can adjust the spraying angle so that the water can spray directly on the headlights.

Edited by big d

About those headlight washers. I presume you want to use the nozzles from BMW e39 series? Those nozzles are small and they don't retract, which makes them easy to install. But, Im not sure that you can adjust the spraying angle so that the water cay spray directly on the headlights.

I have thought the same. The angle of the spray should be just about right. Off course it needs to be functional, but also because it is cool.

I'm not really sure about how you wanna do it, but in my opinion, headlight washers simply don't suit the GTV frontend, not mentioning the fact that I consider just a waste of screen washer liquid :lol: