Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Evoman's Spider 3.0 12v 1998

123 posts in this topic

Alfa Rosso. I agreed with the guy that he holds it until Saturday. She smells like a new one. The leather is like new. I could not find one thing wrong with it. France is a treasure cove when it comes to Alfa's.

First I need to sell the Spider. If that does not sell, no GTV. No pressure there then...

I did my homework and went to see the GTV. I agreed with the seller to base my decision on the sale of the Spider. He has the GTV up for sale for some time now, so he understands.

I have a few inquiries about the Spider, someone coming to see the car today. If he does not buy it, I will have to revise my strategy.

The second hand market for Spiders is not so strong. Especially for the price I am asking.

We will have to wait and see. I did not want this GTV so be sold, so that is why I went to see the guy.

One car needs to go, before I can afford to buy another one.

Would he not take your car in part exchange?

He is based in France. A straight import would be much easier.

Just had a buyer around for the Spider. I will think about his offer.

Where is that Gtv in France? Where did you find it?!!

I don't think we saw this gtv on the forum, even in the web announcements on which everyone puts a public annoucement for the sell of an interesting gtv/spider! 

Where is that Gtv in France? Where did you find it?!!

I don't think we saw this gtv on the forum, even in the web announcements on which everyone puts a public annoucement for the sell of an interesting gtv/spider!

It is at a Peugeot dealer. The previous owner traded it in on a Peugeot RCZ.

I stumbled on it by accident, whilst eating a baguette at a petrol station.

There is a price sign on the car, but no warranty, because of it's age.

Now I saw the dials and they look great :thumbsup: . I have one remark about cooling temperature dial. On original graphic there is two line without numbers and I think that they are for 70oC and 110oC, but I'm not sure about that. And they are closer to 50 and 130 than 90 degrees. If I'm right about these numbers, thats mean that the dial is non linear and it scale is more accurate around 90oC and charlee have to make revision for the future items  :) .

Now I saw the dials and they look great :thumbsup: . I have one remark about cooling temperature dial. On original graphic there is two line without numbers and I think that they are for 70oC and 110oC, but I'm not sure about that. And they are closer to 50 and 130 than 90 degrees. If I'm right about these numbers, thats mean that the dial is non linear and it scale is more accurate around 90oC and charlee have to make revision for the future items :) .

The running temperature is 80-90 degrees. Even on long trips. So the scaling is correct. The fuel gauge also works fine, just before it hits the red, the light goes on.

Now I saw the dials and they look great :thumbsup: . I have one remark about cooling temperature dial. On original graphic there is two line without numbers and I think that they are for 70oC and 110oC, but I'm not sure about that. And they are closer to 50 and 130 than 90 degrees. If I'm right about these numbers, thats mean that the dial is non linear and it scale is more accurate around 90oC and charlee have to make revision for the future items  :) .

The scales are linear. Same as on the 156. I don't know why they have marked them like that before.

I have had an offer to trade in a Clio 2.0 16v Renaultsport. The one with the new style headlights. 172 bhp I believe. Convert it to a track car. But then I commit to yet another project.

Next please!

We now have a serious buyer. I am kind of happy, because I have just seen my painted cup kit, ready to go on to the GTV. I am not fitting the wings, because I do not like them. A Cup minus the wings.

A new suspension set up, new exhaust, 18 Inch Sienna's and she is done. Untill I think of the next modification.

Tomorrow the GTV will undergo a test in order to apply for a Dutch registration number. Then within a week or so, the car has it's Dutch plates en the fun begins!

I will keep you updated.

I don't get it, have you bought the french GTV in the end?

Sent from my Alfa Romeo

I don't get it, have you bought the french GTV in the end?Sent from my Alfa Romeo

Yes sir. I could not resist.

Haha, congrats then! Can't wait to see new topic :)

Sent from my Alfa Romeo

beauitful car mr evo... how did u get the phase 2 centre console in a 98 car? mine is the phase 1 style...

This is a Ph2. 1998 was the year that Ph2 was introduced. Phase 1 never had the red style and did not have climate control. And some other details, like fully color coded bumpers and side skirts. Production date November 1998.

Haha, congrats then! Can't wait to see new topic :)Sent from my Alfa Romeo

New topic is coming up soon. New car is a new topic. This will actually not be my car. My other half will be driving it to work. In the weekend I will confiscate it.