Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thanos

GTV V6 TB aka Shewolf

113 posts in this topic

Butt is now rebadged.

post-19-0-31382100-1397831455_thumb.jpg

and this is a depo multi gauge.

Actually I do not like the looks of it but it does the job.

post-19-0-40458800-1397831628_thumb.jpg

If I was rich as Damgreg said I would have bought the Greddy gauge.

The depo gauge is not the best looking one but it is cheap, it has all the sensors you need in the package and it is easy to install.

Butt is now rebadged.

Damn, I was thinking of doing something similar with my butt.....but now I'm forced to think something different, anyhow what a nice butt you have, clean and well contracted. :thumbsup:

Damn, I was thinking of doing something similar with my butt.....but now I'm forced to think something different, anyhow what a nice butt you have, clean and well contracted. :thumbsup:

Thank you.

It's about time to share my secret...

post-19-0-44004500-1397902202_thumb.jpg

Hmm, is this GTV butt some post above of your car? I ask you, because of the number plate country.

So this gauge show boost, voltage, oil temperature, oil pressure and external temperature? Good solution for saving dash space.

I think that you understand what I mean ...  ;) , but look like I have to ask.

Why your car is with greek registration? You have moved to Greece?

I think that you understand what I mean ...  ;) , but look like I have to ask.

Why your car is with greek registration? You have moved to Greece?

I havent. But I am going to use my GTV  only as a summer car from now on... and since I am spending my summer time in Greece... :)

The gauge is no the best or the most nice one looking. The reason I choose this gauge is exactly because of dash spare.

This was the last ride before winter sleep..

Alfa Romeo Club Greece meeting,

post-19-0-94621200-1416502839_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-25005300-1416484223_thumb.jpg

The GTV has now a new clatch kit..

post-19-0-78665300-1416484555_thumb.jpgpost-19-0-59575300-1416484795_thumb.jpg

About the turbo upgrade project..

The air flow meter is broken..  The engine most of the time does not revs above 4.000rpms at 4th or 5th gear... Well.. it drives like shit..

I do not want to use a second hand "luft" and a new one is expensive.

So  I am gonna get rid of the luft sensor and a map sensor will be used instead.

Same with the distributor.. 

Same with all the engine wiring harness and some other sensors..

All this using a custom aftermarket ecu.

A long winter is coming..

My daily car runs on fat and saves me money.

I was thinking to ask you what happens with this project and now I see that you will go to more serious route and the results will be better  :) . So I have to wait for my car to be prepared and tuned to see what is tuned TB with stock ECU.

Maybe the real reason that my turbo project went a bit back in time is because the last months I was focused on my 33 track day car.

The new ecu upgrade will be done with the oem turbo set up.

That it is a nice opportunity to see what a stock TB can gain with an aftermarket ecu. 

After that, the calibration of the aftermarket ecu using a bigger turbo set up is a piece of cake. :)

Maybe the real reason that my turbo project went a bit back in time is because the last months I was focused on my 33 track day car.

The new ecu upgrade will be done the oem turbo set up.

That it is a nice opportunity to see what a stock TB can gain with an aftermarket ecu.

After that, the calibration of the aftermarket ecu using a bigger turbo set up is a piece of cake. :)

Yes, I've been wondering what difference a modern ECU would make! Please report in detail!

The new ecu upgrade will be done with the oem turbo set up.

Sorry to say  that you will probably have problem with choke and heat on the exhaust side of the turbo and not so good air from the compressor (hot air) with the oe turbo and maybe you risk to over spin the turbo (not good) in your searching for more power with a stand alone ECU.

With the use of bigger turbo pay attention to the size of exhaust housing so that you do not get to much turbo lag.

Thanks for the info :) I will consider about that.. Any suggestions?

The stock turbo is too old.. 125.000 km with no service but it looks ok.

Not for the moment, I am going a little in the opposite direction a different turbo to see how far I can get with oem ECU, the turbo is capable of flowing good air for 500Hp+ so it will be a little head room for the ~300 I'm looking for.

But I cannot say anything until after next summer when I have had a chance to test if my thinking holds tight.

If I can not arrange the fuel supply satisfactory with oe ECU then I have to decide whether I should use supplemental fuel supply or go for a aftermarket ECU but it is a latter problem

Will be interesting to see, what can be achieved with original turbo and intercooler. You probably will not use the original injectors even at this point?

Probably it is better to be made small changes and see the result after every single, but my concept is the goal to be achieved with least attempt and money for labor and tune. In short - buying of all necessary parts, mounting and fabricating all at once and then tune.

the turbo is capable of flowing good air for 500Hp+ so it will be a little head room for the ~300 I'm looking for.

That should be some serious turbo and I'm pretty sure that the result from such setup will not be good and you will not like how the car behave. You will have the negatives of the big turbo without the benefit (power). Yes, big turbos are more efficient than smaller ones and the car will run good to the redline, but will spool very slow and useful power band will be too narrow. You will probably say to me that this will be some hybrid will small hot side and big cold one. This work to some point, but it compromise reliability. Too small hot side will limit the efficiency at high rpm and also power and will generate very high temperature in the exhaust and will crack as an old grandmother heels  :D (as some say in Bulgaria). This also probably will be the scenario if you push hard the stock turbo and think too drive for awhile.

That should be some serious turbo and I'm pretty sure that the result from such setup will not be good and you will not like how the car behave. You will have the negatives of the big turbo without the benefit (power). Yes, big turbos are more efficient than smaller ones and the car will run good to the redline, but will spool very slow and useful power band will be too narrow. You will probably say to me that this will be some hybrid will small hot side and big cold one. This work to some point, but it compromise reliability. Too small hot side will limit the efficiency at high rpm and also power and will generate very high temperature in the exhaust and will crack as an old grandmother heels  :D (as some say in Bulgaria). This also probably will be the scenario if you push hard the stock turbo and think too drive for awhile.

No hybrid turbo, think about a vgt turbo instead but still not a vgt turbo but a similar principle..... maybe confusing he he. :)