Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

I guess you have been told right... "It's not the fart that kills, it's the smell..." -Petter Solberg

My thought exactly :D

I envy you a bit for a trip like that.

I envy you for even driving the GTV. Mine is stuck in the garage with half of the interior missing :(

So... Winter is coming (as they say in Game of Thrones).  :bag:

I have not driven the GTV since the last trip to Ålesund in the start of October. It is time to jack it up on stands and do some more modifications and preperations for next season and trip to Nürburgring...

I have ordered a set of new seals to the Brembo calipers. That means I will take them off and inspect them thoroughly. I suspect that the calipers are reason why my brake discs got warped.

Next is modifications to make the car more useful on the track:

• New and lighter seats need to be fitted
  • More weight have to be removed
  • Intercooler need to be modified. Like it is now are not good in long terms. (talking about the S shaped bend from turbo...
  • More air and fuel
  • Wideband Lambda (old Lamda are not working properly anyway).

Other things on the list:

• New rear brakepads (and maybe discs)
  • Reverse light switch need to be replaced

And on top of that I was stupid enough to list the car for sale and have got a few people interessed in

the car. Hopefully no one buys it, but if they do I will need to put all the plans on the shelf and start again with a new GTV or something else exciting like a Maserati... :blink:

Link to the ad:

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=53035750

There will be updates in this thread no matter what the outcome is  :)

And on top of that I was stupid enough to list the car for sale and have got a few people interessed in

the car. Hopefully no one buys it, but if they do I will need to put all the plans on the shelf and start again with a new GTV or something else exciting like a Maserati... :blink:

Poor you...  :( accidentally selling it. Klantarsle as we would say in Sweden ;)

I've got some thoughts on lightweight seats and intercooler mods. Let's hear yours first?

Nice plan for winter, alfaduden!

You will be virtually in good company!

And nice sound of the TB too!

Let us know, if you want, when you come down to nürburgring, I live not far.

Nice plan for winter, alfaduden!

You will be virtually in good company!

And nice sound of the TB too!

Let us know, if you want, when you come down to nürburgring, I live not far.

Hehe Nice to have some company :)

Thanks. Exhaust is a bit too noisy on long trips, but for trackdays it is awesome :D

Poor you...  :( accidentally selling it. Klantarsle as we would say in Sweden ;)

I've got some thoughts on lightweight seats and intercooler mods. Let's hear yours first?

Hehe will tell more in the end of the month... ;)

Exhaust is a bit too noisy on long trips

Dude, I don't see the problem! :P:D

How my mechanic says: Let the car breath freely!!!

Shit. Is this first time in Squadra 916 history? My lovely GTV is sold... :mellow:

I'm kinda sad, but yet happy. So many good memories with this car. I really hope the new owner takes care of her. He seem to be a true petrolhead and have a great vision for the car. I believe in him and have written an agreement that if he ever is going to sell the car, I will be the first on the list to call!

Maybe he'll update this thread. if not, please follow this, even if it on Norwegian.. http://cuoresportivo.no/index.php?topic=33507.0

This is my thread from the day I bought the car till now! :thumbsup:

So if you don't forget about us, will be very interesting what will come next  :) .

I guess that will be something more expensive and exotic, but it is interesting to me how it compare to your ex GTV in term of feel.

Good luck with searching of good car!

I'm not going to cut you guys off! I like the :gathering:  and while I'm :kid: I will follow the projects here. I will also present you for my new project I guess :D

I'm not going to cut you guys off! I like the :gathering: and while I'm :kid: I will follow the projects here. I will also present you for my new project I guess :D

Post a thread here in the weird cars department! :D

Post a thread here in the weird cars department! :D

If you read between the lines on the last post from duden it seems that the next project is a lorry :kid: .....so +1 for weird cars department. :D  

Wow, impressive price, if it is real  :thumbsup: !

My parents want to sell my GTV from some time now, without care to much about the price - 1000, 1000 and something euro will be good for them  :D . And with buying of another "more practical car" even more (they don't know anything about the 155 and for them that is some normal old car).

You have mentioned Maserati in this or another topic, so I guess this will be next make :) . So will make one try - 3200 GT.

100.000NOK is somewhere around 15000EUR. I bought it for 3200EUR and have probably spent about 7500EUR in total. Then add 5000EUR in import taxes... Hehe
:P

But Im happy with the selling price. He did not negotiate at all. Seem like I sold a good product. I guess that was the best 1999 GTV TB in Norway! B)

You are getting there Kunev, but 3200GT are not my plan yet. Need some more fun... Ghibli GT is more the road I want to go... :D

Edited by Alfaduden

So you want one more turbo in the car  ;) . Good luck with searching!

So, since the garage has been empty for a couple of weeks it now looks like it can be filled again...

Yesterday I went to look at a rather odd car, but engine and transmission are to die for! Should I keep all in this thread, or do I need to start a new thread under another topic? @ Charlee? :hello:

Breaking news !!! :P

Filip and I have revealed the true story why ALFADUDEN sold his GTV TB.

Sadly are we not allowed to tell the whole story, but it was not by free will he sold the TB, it's a bit doggy and involves a woman.......if we are nice to him and share some empathy on the poor lad maybe he with time after licking his wounds may shed light on what happened.

:)

Hahaha

A dog and a woman. How bad can it be? :o

I think there will still be room for a sunday car. The dog does not require too much space... :)