Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

:clap:

Biltema, mastes of retarded tuning products.  :bounce:

:clap:

Biltema, mastes of retarded tuning products.  :bounce:

Shhh...not disillusionize the norrbagge :ph34r:

I have some bad news. I think my front brake discs is wrecked. They shake a lot during hard braking. I can't understand how this has happened. They were brand new a year ago and 3000km... I even thought that Brembo was quality...

Sounds like they warped due to overheating.. Any reason they would do that? :mellow:

I have some bad news. I think my front brake discs is wrecked. They shake a lot during hard braking. I can't understand how this has happened. They were brand new a year ago and 3000km... I even thought that Brembo was quality...

Maybe you need to get the brakes to bed-in again after the car has been standing over winter (new transfer of brake pad material to the brake discs), find an empty road and do some hard braking/ heating cycles (until the brakes stink) but don't rest on the brake pedal if you make a full stop and see if it helps.

Hi!
No, I had to park the car and go for a quick hitch out in the North sea. When I came back on friday the farmer had stacked some 20-30 hayrolls in front of the door where the car is parked :angry::doh:  so it is impossible to get it out now untill the hay is removed again. I'm also going out on my normal trip next sunday, so the car will probably just stay parked untill I get home again.

Do you think that a new bed in is enough? I tried a bit when I had the winter tyres on, but I will try again with michelin on! :)

I also see that the CV boot clamp is not thightening enough... I will have to try the tool from Biltema that my dad bought for fixing his CV boot ;)

I do not think your Brembo discs give up in such a way so I think a new bed-in is a good attempt to solve the problem (no guarantees, however).

Biltema is a savior. :D .......................... :headbang:

And you have not done enough before you want to leave the car as it smell ass. :hump:

:)

Edited by GTV-TB

Hi!

No, I had to park the car and go for a quick hitch out in the North sea. When I came back on friday the farmer had stacked some 20-30 hayrolls in front of the door where the car is parked

:lol: :lol: :lol:

a vintage photo.....a vintage car? :happy0045: ............................... :bag:

Have a nice weekend, good that the haystack problem is solved. :thumbsup:

a vintage photo.....a vintage car? :happy0045: ............................... :bag:

Have a nice weekend, good that the haystack problem is solved. :thumbsup:

Yes.. Very old! Exactly one year old last week! :D

Did a quick detailing last Thursday:

Before:

Boot lid:

DSC_0258_zps12085ebd.jpg

Bonnet:

DSC_0269_zps7ba66d1c.jpg

Passenger door:

DSC_0275_zpsa64b6ed8.jpg

The whole car was more or less as bad as images above... After a while it started to look better:

Boot lid:

DSC_0260_zps5c779e34.jpg

Roof:

DSC_0262_zps7ae30fc8.jpg

Rear:

aa6a0162-a83f-48fd-a983-65361353a887_zps

Passenger side:

DSC_0277_zps8430892b.jpg

Pictures of the whole car will come later. I did not make it before I left for work.

B)

GREAT JOB you have done here  :happy0045:

Black paint are amazing for mirror effects as my first gtv was shining  :thumbsup:

post-686-0-50345100-1396901777_thumb.jpg

Do you think it worth it on a white paint...?

GREAT JOB you have done here  :happy0045:

Black paint are amazing for mirror effects as my first gtv was shining  :thumbsup:

attachicon.gifIMG_5548.JPG

Do you think it worth it on a white paint...?

Thanks! I got a bit tired when I had the bonnet left, so I have to take this one more time... hehe

And YES! It is of course worth doing this on a white paint.. White can shine too ;) 

http://www.detailersclub.no/forum/topic/19931-multicoat-perlehvit-tesla-model-s/

More expences! After removing the catalytic converter the centre silencer had enough and the car is now spitting out glass-thread from the silencer... So after hunting for a used one before I leave for the Nürburgring trip I found out that it was only one good solution...

3592_0.jpg

It's gonna be LOUD!  :ph34r:  ^_^

Hopefully after meeting a TB with straight exhaust, this will not be that loud. After all it is a GRAN TURISIMO, and I have to cover almost 2000kms on autobahn... So I don't want to be death when arriving Nürburgring.

More expences! After removing the catalytic converter the centre silencer had enough and the car is now spitting out glass-thread from the silencer... So after hunting for a used one before I leave for the Nürburgring trip I found out that it was only one good solution...

3592_0.jpg

It's gonna be LOUD! :ph34r:^_^

Hopefully after meeting a TB with straight exhaust, this will not be that loud. After all it is a GRAN TURISIMO, and I have to cover almost 2000kms on autobahn... So I don't want to be death when arriving Nürburgring.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we hope you won't be death. :D Deaf would suck too... We would all have to learn sign language :P lol

The turbo probably keeps the volume down so you go ahead and remove more stuff!! :)

I use it + a endmuffler and my ears are still attached to the head :), as Filip says the turbo itself acts to some extent as a silencer.

I have no end silencer... And no Cat... so this will be my only one under the car except the pre cat in the downpipe.... :D