Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

Remember Kunev, that the biggest restriction is already taken away. The catalytic converter is worse than a small piece of 2 inch straight tube of 20 cm...

Replaced the thermostat today. Had a good drive in the dry and sunny weather! Almost like Easter here and it is nice to feel the sun heat. Come on spring! 3 more weeks and I will put summer tires on!

Sound on idle with Ragazzon before decat:

Sound on idle AFTER decat:

B):ph34r:

Other benefits:

Throttle response MUCH improved, No more gear change at 5000 rpm, now 7000 rpm!  :happy0045: Faster turbo spool-up, better sound, not noisy when driving long journeys, just more sound on idle and accelereation.  :wub: 

The feeling when you start up the V6 Busso for the first time in almost 3 weeks :wub::happy0045:

Looking forward to a trip tomorrow! :)

Roundtrip to Fornebu. Old capital airport for a boat show.

straight motorway all way. Nice to cruise at 3000 rpm and 120km/h. :)

I just realized that the TBs are not any 0-100 car, but 100-200 is easy! :ph34r:

Bought new tyres to the MiTo today: http://www.nokiantyres.com/summer-tyres/nokian-v/ dimensions 215/45-17". Should look nice!

Altso thinking of track day tyres to the GTV. Toyo proxes R888 are cheap in Germany!

Tomorrow I will fit the 18" OZ with summer tyres. Looking forward to that! :)

But I thought the Mito was brand new or almost brand new? Does it need new tires already or did you take delivery of it without summer tires? 

Summer tires <3

But I thought the Mito was brand new or almost brand new? Does it need new tires already or did you take delivery of it without summer tires? 

Summer tires <3

Yap! Bought it brand new! Only 21km! Now it have 17790km after exactly 1 year!  :birth2:  :clap:   

I ran with original 195/55-16 summertyres last season. When I bought winter tyres, I fitted them on the original 16" wheels and sold the summer tyres that came with the car. Leaving me with no other option then to buy new rims and tyres for the next summer.

Now in January I got hold of some good looking and brand new 17", BUT(T) seller had bought them with winter tyres (and bad quality rubber). He sold them because they did not fit over his big brakes ;)

So with brand new and unused 17" with bad quality winter tyres I started the search for a decent set of rubber to my new 17" rims. I have already sold the wintertyres that came with the 17"  B) 

Got the summertyres on again! Had a nice drive, then washed it and parked it back in the garage. Ready for polishing and waxing this weekend!

IMG_3569_Fotor_zpse19a1f55.jpg

Lighthouse2_zps7027d3f3.jpg

IMG_3570_Fotor_zps701f2bee.jpg

Lighthouse_zps179b97a0.jpg

B)

I fitted 12mm spacers on the rear wheels. It is a bit too much in my opinion. Have any of you experience with 5 or 8mm sparcers?

Thanks Damgreg! ;)

I'm glad I did not sell the wheels after all! It looks great with 12mm spacers, but it is not ideal for fast driving. And now it rub in the plastic inner arches. There is a small part sticking a bit more out than the rest and my tyre are now rubbing against that.

Will take a picture tomorrow!

Remove the plastic part which rub against the tire. You even can try with 10mm spacers. What's the ET of the rims?

Haha! So ugly that I won't let you have them :D

ET 35

I want to try with 8mm or 5mm spacer. Cut out the part that sticks out is an option, but I would prefer to keep the plastic as is so that no water come inside...

I have ET36 with 10mm spacers on the rear and no problem of rubbing although I'm lowered with b6 and eibach and 235/40/18.

Cut out the part that sticks out is an option, but I would prefer to keep the plastic as is so that no water come inside...

stiffer springs... ;) 

Hah! Have you seen the redicioulus short spring that is in the rear end? ;)

With this solution a solid 4"4" is better :D lol!