Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

butt head

Zoe Yellow Spider

166 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is a good idea to put an electric seats to Spider, as they were not originally available for this body. I suspect because of the safety reasons. The higher setting would put driver's head above the "safety zone".

You actually sit lower in the electronically controlled seats.

You do? Is the leg and back support better to so you have fair chance of staying in the seat on a twisty road? :P

Yes! You can set the under-knee part of the seat higher and lower the butt part! 

I was impressed by those seats...

the position on the lowest setting is not higher than the factory spider chairs.

because jou can raise the chairs they woudend be properly approved 

a few months back I bought a supersprint catalyst replacement for the spider 

and a few days back I had the catalyst installed and I must say I am very pleased with the result.

also runs the spider better in higher engine speeds. 

Exactly a month later another update.

joris was clean up his garage and ther he found old set equal length exhaust pipes again.

This I have bougt from him. Unfortunately the equal length exhaust pipes were not plug 'n play,  becouse joris neded the flanges for his new set.

Yesterday I went to a exhausts Builder and who he recreaterd exhausts and ensured that some more ground clearance. 

not that I have won a lot with it. There is now only space for a cigarette box under the equal length exhaust.

as is came 

DSC_0084.JPG

half way through the mount

DSC_0088.JPG

and the sound. 

Sweet sound!

Maybe I missunderstood but don't you have more than a cig box of ground clearance under the front pipes?  :o

Yes you got it right.

farm roads are horribel to drive. every bump you hit with the exhaust. 

If you want to drive farm roads then you should do it as an old lady. bad luck for me I live in an area with many farm roads. 

last Saturday we drove to utrecht with a small club alfisten for a  photo shoot meeting.

It has reveald quite a few nice nice pictures

10348516_677990752270281_677362104189919

10478715_677990805603609_184663384907915

10494681_1513962655485729_29468642898993

10450979_677990645603625_723670455407251

10485524_1513919935490001_56271802974223

10547619_1513837672164894_83360738584894

the Azzurro Nuvola Pearl gtv is from dennis, here als known as __1337__

time for a tiny update.

as i said earlier this year the camshafts are worn out. 

but also I had several other things that needed attention. 

gaskets, gaskets. they are almost all leak. 

3 oil seals had seen better days 

but also because the engine has made all the necessary miles I decided to also replace all bearings. 

but also gets the engine more power. but that's in the next update. 

DSC_0135.JPG

and a few images of the dirty engine. 

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0138.JPGDSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

one of the things i what to do. . 

DSC_0135.JPG

Add a turbo!! Nice work, remind me when I swapped my engine with the old one which came from my dead gtv... only new seals and new parts everywhere and you are sure that you won't have to be embarrassed for a long time...

Add a turbo!! Nice work, remind me when I swapped my engine with the old one which came from my dead gtv... only new seals and new parts everywhere and you are sure that you won't have to be embarrassed for a long time...

My spider doesn't get turbo or compressor, that stuff is for cheaters  :ph34r:

My spider doesn't get turbo or compressor, that stuff is for cheaters  :ph34r:

Agree! :D

In order to add power, I would change the inlet manifolds, cause by the position of the oil cap, I assume you've got a 192bhp, that means the inlet diameter is smaller than the 218/220bhp versions.

I went a bit trough the whole post and I saw how much work you've done on the baby! Respect! ;)

Agree! :D

In order to add power, I would change the inlet manifolds, cause by the position of the oil cap, I assume you've got a 192bhp, that means the inlet diameter is smaller than the 218/220bhp versions.

I went a bit trough the whole post and I saw how much work you've done on the baby! Respect! ;)

for the guys who have done their homework, they would identify the pipes on the last picture as 24v pipes.  

but as we all know they are not plug 'n play on the 12v motor. so I have to mill a set of adapter plates. 

but then you don't have 200 + hp I think. and the engine can't breathe freely by the small valves. 

so ported cylinder heads, larger valves, 164Q4 throttle body and a nice camshaft (not a full race) are also on the to do list. 

But first I want to have the adaptor plates for the 24v pipes. 

Yes I saw that picture... I recognise it now and I have a 24v... Ops!

Of course you probably will not reach 220 bhp but a better progression.

Do you do the adapters by your own?

If I design the adaptors self in a 3D programa takes me a minimum of 3 months and 6 computers. 

that is so not really the best option.

I will ask friends who work with such a programs if they can design those plates 

The 24V Busso has oversized valves. What about the 12V? Is the valve enlargement really necessary? 

the engine is now almost completely disassembled.

lucky that I have taken apart the engine this year. I think if I had driven a season longer that I needed a complete new engine. 

so as i can judge the connecting rod bearings. 

DSC00679.JPG

Unfortunately, even though once someone worked to the engine that should not have been give out as a mechanic.

He has expertly demolished the oilfilterhausing 

I have a large o-seal, how can I make it fit. I chop a piece from the aluminium out of hausing and fold the o-seal there between it. 

DSC00676.JPG

DSC00677.JPG

DSC00678.JPG

Rust spot and worn cams of the camshaft. 

DSC00709.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

DSC00705.JPG

DSC00707.JPG

the spider is also back in the winter storage. so i also can clean the engine compartmen,

just a small update. 

the engine is located by a revision company for cleaning

measure everything and all moving parts are weighted and balanced. 

but unfortunately the revision company called. the Pistons and cylinders are as good as worn out.  :(

Alfa romeo doesn't have oversize  Pistons. a new original piston and cylinder costs 300 ex vat

oversize piston's aren't really good find. but there is a German company that has oversize v6 12v Pistons.  

and they come with an nice advantage. 11,5:1  the original has 10.0: 1 

and the price is almost the same. 

so guys now you know witch piston i'm gone use  in my engine.

also I have a sneak preview for something we are working on. 

t_inlaat_adapterplaat_12v_143.jpg

so that's it for now. February another update :hello:

Shame that you don't have bioethanol E85 like we do.. it likes higher compression ratios  :thumbsup:

Anyway, good work, looking forward to new posts!

Shame that you don't have bioethanol E85 like we do.. it likes higher compression ratios  :thumbsup:

Anyway, good work, looking forward to new posts!

in Netherlands we can get E85.

It's even closer to me then were I get normal aral ultimate 102 that's 25km

the gas station where i can get E85 is 15 km away from me. 

here in the Netherlands we don't see it that much. until now they only advise the new brands of cars 

but can our Alfa's run on E85 or do jou need to adjust change some thing?  

and you can still exchange between E85 and unleaded petrol? 

in Netherlands we can get E85.

It's even closer to me then were I get normal aral ultimate 102 that's 25km

the gas station where i can get E85 is 15 km away from me.

here in the Netherlands we don't see it that much. until now they only advise the new brands of cars

but can our Alfa's run on E85 or do jou need to adjust change some thing?

and you can still exchange between E85 and unleaded petrol?

Our cars are relatively old and the fuel lines, o-rings, seals etc in the fuel system will not handle pure E85 very well, as far as I know. You need to upgrade to larger injectors as well.

If you upgrade "everything" to E85 resistant stuff, I believe you could change back and forth, provided that the ECU is mapped to handle both in interchangeable maps.