Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Evoman's Spider 3.0 12v 1998

123 posts in this topic

Nice and neat work.

On the hard top side of things. I haven't even looked at adjusting mine. Any tips you can give me on making the back seal part sit lower?

Nice and neat work.

On the hard top side of things. I haven't even looked at adjusting mine. Any tips you can give me on making the back seal part sit lower?

I have bought some tape at the DIY store. I removed the hardtop and made an extra seal on the inside of the hardtop. Now the road noise is much less. It seems that after some speed bumps, the hardtop sets itself after a while. Re tensioning helps a lot.

The car is now finished completely and she is online waiting for the right buyer.

Edited by EvoMan

I did notice it was settling onto its new home, I will try the re tensioning trick.

Good luck with the sale I hope you get a good price for her.

I did notice it was settling onto its new home, I will try the re tensioning trick.

Good luck with the sale I hope you get a good price for her.

We have so many speedbumps here, after a couple of weeks, you can fasten the front mountings. I mean, they have become slightly undone. This because of the flexing/ torsion of the car. The back is not so terrible, but the extra strip made a completely tight seal. You will notice that the hardtop needs to set after storage in the summer. The shape is slightly off.

Still, the best solution for the winter period.

A buyer is coming this saturday. Seems to go a bit quicker then expected. 

Must be down to these great dials ;-)

20h21br.jpg

A unique selling point.

What's your mileage and price?

250000km and 5490 Euro's. Full service history from new. in 2013 7900 Euro spent on the car.

By the way.....that equates to 16.600km per year.

Wow it doesn't look like having 250kkm !! Your price is given I'm sure it could go for another 500€ more  :thumbsup:

If there is nothing to do in mechanics obviously but I'm sure your spider is great!

Wow it doesn't look like having 250kkm !! Your price is given I'm sure it could go for another 500€ more  :thumbsup:

If there is nothing to do in mechanics obviously but I'm sure your spider is great!

All the mayor mechanics have been done. We will see. I am not in a huge rush, but it would be nice to free some funds. I want to start my other Spider. 

What a stunning car. The attention to detail shines through . It's a pity that it has to go. Charlee's dials are a work of art. I am jealous!

it makes me realise just how much work I have to do before my Cup is presentable.

I am sure Charlee will make you some for the Cup. They fit perfect and the quality is better then the originals.

Thanks for the compliment. The only job to do on the Spider are bigger brakes ( the V6 12v brakes are not up to the power ) I will leave

that for the next owner. 

I am sure your Cup will be stunning. I will keep following the progress. 

5cx1lc.jpg

The centre console, had to re fit it later, because of the gap at the top.

Edited by EvoMan

Today I woke up early, a bit to early for my own liking. A great moment for a drive with the Spider. I went to the Maasvlakte, I never realized how beautiful it is there. The Maasvlakte is the outmost point of the Port of Rotterdam, now with a huge part of land, reclaimed from the sea. I must go there more often.

It was a cool 200km drive, and the car behaved so good. I just love that V6.

2ep28hj.jpg

5rxhk.jpg

etd6du.jpg

316mago.jpg

I did not bring my camera, just my iPhone.  You can see how quiet it is there. And peaceful in an industrial way.

Ok. Dials is next on my to do list! :)
It looks stunning! And the black console to the red dash.... I have no words for it!

Do you still have the green illumination on dials? Please post a "night" drive photo ;)

What kelvin are your xenons? Mine are 6000K And I think it is too blue... Would like a 4300K instead.

Ok. Dials is next on my to do list! :)

It looks stunning! And the black console to the red dash.... I have no words for it!

Do you still have the green illumination on dials? Please post a "night" drive photo ;)

What kelvin are your xenons? Mine are 6000K And I think it is too blue... Would like a 4300K instead.

The dials are such a great upgrade. I have changed all the green lighting for white. Not easy. I will post a topic on this soon.

The only the little display with the mileage ( in between the speedo and the rev counter ) is still green. Will look at this tonight.

My Xenon is 8000k. I agree, it is very blue. At night is is very bright though. Road signs are so much clearer.

The black centre console is much easier to the eye. I just have not painted the speedo " rings ", mainly because I am not done with the white lights yet.

I think red lights would also fit the dash very good. But then it does not match the radio.

I love the first photo, I'll tweet that now from our Squadra 916 account! :) We already have over 60 followers there!

Looking great!

What do you mean by the land having been reclaimed from the sea? Sealed off and drained?  :)

Looking great!

What do you mean by the land having been reclaimed from the sea? Sealed off and drained? :)

Something like that. Navi says you are driving in the sea. It does not recognize the road yet. They took sand from the bottom from the sea and pumped it here to let land arise from the sea. Now they are building a container terminal here.

post-578-138873439029_thumb.jpg

nice spidy :)

where can i find this custom speedo dials ?

Send a PM to Charlee. He can make you a design. Believe me, worth every yen, baht, euro or dollar.

I have found a 3.0 V6 24v GTV with only 29000 km from 2001. I am on the way to make a downpayment now. Fit the Cup kit and put it on Sienna's and it is amazing. Shame is, 8 hours drive!