Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Check if there are any plug on the coolant-engine oil heat exchanger (at the oil filter) you could replace with the oil temp sensor, if not Biltema is your friend. :P

http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bil---MC/Bil-tillbehor/Bil-el/Instrument/Adapter-for-oljegivare-322005/

I don't really wanna touch the heat exchanger because it looks like it will never stop leaking if I do  :lol: Are there any other suitable places? 

Replacing the heat exchanger is Plan B. Thanks for the tip  :thumbsup: I might get an adapter that has ports for a proper oil cooler if I want to use one in the future. 

I don't really wanna touch the heat exchanger because it looks like it will never stop leaking if I do  :lol: Are there any other suitable places? 

Replacing the heat exchanger is Plan B. Thanks for the tip  :thumbsup: I might get an adapter that has ports for a proper oil cooler if I want to use one in the future. 

Keep the heat exchanger and fit the adaptor plate on it. ;)

Keep the heat exchanger and fit the adaptor plate on it. ;)

Sure, no point in removing it right now  ;)

Care to update us on your progress with your GTV? Not much happening in my corner because I'm waiting for parts.

Care to update us on your progress with your GTV? Not much happening in my corner because I'm waiting for parts.

Not much is happening with the GTV at the moment :( , it gets its once a week start up and heating waiting for spring is coming.

But I have road hump tuned my Punto :happy0045: , it sounds like a genuine Italian sports car now :ph34r: , a good substitute for the winter. :D

post-17-0-14498000-1389346455_thumb.jpg

Edited by GTV-TB

Filip you have bought the same wheels as mine and the same size, right? Did you measure how much do they weight? If not, can you measure them for my info (and your) :) .

I'd be happy to weigh them for you but they are sitting on my uncle's porch right now :D

GTV-TB maybe? 

I know I'm the pussy wit that hideous hat!  :ph34r:  :rolleyes:

Na..I'm the one hanging out the window, looking at the girls :hiya: .......dreaming as usual. :P

Na..I'm the one hanging out the window, looking at the girls :hiya: .......dreaming as usual. :P

Hah! That old fart breathing me in my ear???  :o  B)  :laugh2:

Then I must be the old guy on the window? :D

Edited by charlee
Or maybe not LOL

Hah! That old fart breathing me in my ear???  :o  B)  :laugh2:

Yeah......have had my best years. :D

Then I must be the old guy on the window? :D

Edit: or maybe not lol

Indeed  :lol:

Are you the stylish guy sitting on the arm of the sofa then? 

I'm probably the guy staring in the totally opposite direction, as usual. Physically there, but mentally very far away  :D

Filip: You should have a chat to this fella.. He might even speak your language :D
His Nick on the forum is:

Tkvi-916

I met him on Rudskogen last September. I was impressed by his car!

Indeed  :lol:

Are you the stylish guy sitting on the arm of the sofa then? 

I'm probably the guy staring in the totally opposite direction, as usual. Physically there, but mentally very far away  :D

:lol:

Filip: You should have a chat to this fella.. He might even speak your language :D

His Nick on the forum is:

Tkvi-916

I met him on Rudskogen last September. I was impressed by his car!

I think we could have a lovely talk! 

His location, Gothenburg, suggests that we need not worry about a language barrier  :D

I checked out his album. If my car was like his, I would have come a long way compared to where I am right now  :thumbsup:

4-pot Brembos, a roll cage, race seat and so on. I like it! 

I think we could have a lovely talk! 

His location, Gothenburg, suggests that we need not worry about a language barrier  :D

I checked out his album. If my car was like his, I would have come a long way compared to where I am right now  :thumbsup:

4-pot Brembos, a roll cage, race seat and so on. I like it! 

But it's good to have a goal to strech for :)

Let's all meet in Göteborg some day! GTV-TB from København and yourself from Stockholm (ish) :) We can ride rollercoasters all day long and talk about cars while eating popcorn!  :happy0045:   

But it's good to have a goal to strech for :)

Let's all meet in Göteborg some day! GTV-TB from København and yourself from Stockholm (ish) :) We can ride rollercoasters all day long and talk about cars while eating popcorn!  :happy0045:   

Yes, it reminds me what I want to achieve. 

A meet in Gothenburg would be awesome. Anyone from The Netherlands, the UK, Germany or France wanna join in?  :hello:

A few 1000 km never hurt anyone...  :thumbsup:

Dude is talking about Liseberg, http://liseberg.se/sv/hem/, but I think this form of entertainment is better for us... 

karta_sodra.gif

The red dots are the nearest race tracks from Gothenburg. Gothenburg is just north of the western edge of the pic above.

I spend 10 days in Goteborg in october... I haven't seen any Gtv!!!!!!

Used to live in Gothenburg for a while and my former landlord there buys and sells Alfas. Last I checked he had a GTV 3.0 V6 and a few other Alfas in stock.  :)

Occasionally, I get around to doing some car-related work  :thumbsup:

For those of you who are also beginners, I describe the order in which I fitted each part below. Having cleaned the piston and made sure that it had no scratches, rust or imperfections in the sliding surface, I didn't spend a lot of time cleaning the inside of it, apart from wiring brushing it and making sure no surface rust was left. As long as it's good enough to hold the inner brake pad, it does not need a lot of attention. 

The order:

- Convince the inner seal (big o-ring) that it indeed does fit

- Grease the surface that the piston needs to slide along

- Grease the piston's sliding surface

- Put the dust seal on the piston facing the right way

- Line up the piston right at the edge of the chamber                                                                  (aaah.. that tingly feeling)

- Position the dust seal on the "inner edge" of the piston to simplify the next step, which is:

- Poke the "lip" of the dust seal into its track in the chamber

- Simultaneously, hold the piston in position and start inserting it slightly if necessary

- Keep poking the lip a little bit at a time until you've got the whole 360 degrees tucked into position (I used a thin, blunt plastic object to help convince the lip of the seal to slide into the track)

- When it stays in position by itself, double check that the piston is lined up properly

- Find yourself a good grip and push the piston in by hand or use some sort of tool

- A wooden stick that fits into the piston and a hammer works if you fancy the caveman way

This is how I did it. More experienced mechanics probably have shortcuts and secrets that make this easier  :thumbsup:

Fitting the dust seal was a bitch, to be honest. As I've never rebuilt a caliper before, I took a really long time to figure it all out. Pushing the piston into the caliper was fairly straight forward, but it took much more force than I expected. I greased the (new) inner seal, the piston and the dust seal with silicone grease. 

DSC_1380.jpg

Here's the caliper repair kit from Budweg. 

And here's the first caliper a few steps into the rebuilding process. Please admire my friggin' amazing photography skills and the incredible sharpness of my Xperia S in the gloomy basement  :happy0045: 

DSC_1376.jpg

Next step: fit the bracket. Requires socket 7 as I now remember  :hello:

DSC_1385.jpg

I think the black calipers are gonna look pretty slick with Yellowstuffs fitted. 

Edited by Filip

DSC_1385.jpg

I think the black calipers are gonna look pretty slick with Yellowstuffs fitted. 

:hiya: Nice and long 7mm hex bit you have there. :champ: