Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

A nice one, nothing is as nice as when one finds a simple solution to a problem.

:thumbsup:

I'm looking for advice on steel braided brake hose kits. Which is the best value for money, and where can get it?  :hello:

Are TB and TS lines the same?

Should be, I believe that it is only the offset on  brake disc which differs a bit between TS and TB.

That's what I think too. What about V6 24V?

There is a possibility to have custom Squadra braided hoses from a quality manufacturer with good prices. Is anyone interested in this?

The front hoses are different for the V6 24V, I'm am interested in rear hoses and hose for the clutch if such can be made.

There is a possibility to have custom Squadra braided hoses from a quality manufacturer with good prices. Is anyone interested in this?

Hi CHARLEE, I took a closer look at the hoses, and it seems that it is other hoses on V6 24V first after 08-2000 and

on 2.0 JTS, 3.2 V6 24V.

Yes, Im interested! I'm leaning towards the HEL kit now (discount on their site, nice) but I wanna know more about these before I decide. Specs and price? Difference compared to HEL?

Making steady progress here :)

I have taken the front calipers apart completely and they are now enjoying an electrolysis bath. I have spent a few hours cleaning them with rotating wire brushes 

DSC_1349.jpg

As you can see, I also managed to break my new awesome invention for pushing the pistons out... Careful with those needles!

When the calipers are nice and clean from rust and old paint, I will paint them with black high temp paint that withstands 800 C. It's a test and I don't really care if it goes bad because I'm not gonna look at the car, I'm gonna drive it  :rolleyes:

I have also ordered the correct Yellowstuff pads (DP41061R) and will order braided brake hoses from HEL. 

Some time ago I received these puppies 

DSC_1356.jpg

Is the door locker brand new?  :happy0045:  I'm interested in it.. Some b*st*rds tried to open my Spider in the first days I didn't get the parking pass...........

Is the door locker brand new?  :happy0045:  I'm interested in it.. Some b*st*rds tried to open my Spider in the first days I didn't get the parking pass...........

No, sorry  :D It's used and I need the plastic cover that surrounds the key hole. My door doesnt have one now and it looks surprisingly ugly without it.  :thumbsup:

I need the metal cover which is totally dead on mine :D I'll look after it on ebay.. maybe.. a lot of luck..?

Sorry the b*st*rds killed it for you  :P I'd put an ad up and see if anyone's got one lying around. AndyAlfa (can't remember exactly what his nick is...) could probably dig one up for you too, since he's got a lot of 916 parts 

Electrolysis is done. Time for spray paint and reassembly. Anyone got tips on good seal kits for the ATE calipers? The ones I have are fine but fitting new ones would give some peace of mind...

Thanks! I ended up ordering the Budweg set called 205414 locally in Sweden. A bit more expensive, but I didn't plan properly and I didnt want to wait for them. 

Anyone know if I REALLY have to replace the bolts that hold the caliper brackets? The manual says so... but!

Reuse the bolts if they are not damaged.

Tack!

So what am I up to?

Painting calipers, yeah!

Puch_motip_hittebestendig_zwart.jpg

But, I'm not really following the instructions... 

whoa-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here.jpg

:D

It probably turns out OK anway!

The calipers and the brackets are in the oven right now. I actually followed the instructions on this one...

30-60 min @ 160 degrees C.

I have no clue if this paint is gonna work on the calipers, but I just need it to protect them from rust.

It won't look good until I have upgraded with yellow 4-pot Brembos and slotted discs B) Next season maybe...

Yellowstuffs should be arriving any day now. Then we'll see if I manage to put them back together or not... 

Yellowstuffs should be arriving any day now. Then we'll see if I manage to put them back together or not... 

:hiya: I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I found VDO Vision gauges that look close to OE. I want to replace the clock and water temp gauge with these.

The question is... Where would you put the oil temp sensor?

I found VDO Vision gauges that look close to OE. I want to replace the clock and water temp gauge with these.

The question is... Where would you put the oil temp sensor?

Check if there are any plug on the coolant-engine oil heat exchanger (at the oil filter) you could replace with the oil temp sensor, if not Biltema is your friend. :P

http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bil---MC/Bil-tillbehor/Bil-el/Instrument/Adapter-for-oljegivare-322005/