Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

First ever official Squadra916 meet! 916 Drive

47 posts in this topic

Are there any news? It looks very quiet here, how many participants we are at the moment? Weather for the weekend should be not really good. :(

I hope meeting will take place at that weekend and we can await some members with their Alfas...

Well, too quiet but I hope we'll get at least 6-7 cars there. One problem is that we got all the info a bit late, and the other is that the weather is not very promising. Long term forecast says that we'll have some rain (at least not heavy rain) in the central Istria and temperatures between 7 and 14 oC. Some other forecasts say that we could get some sun too... so nothing is sure.

I'll give a proposed driving route soon, so you can comment...

Most important point for tomorrow morning: place and time for meeting... directly at the hostel? and when? I remember that there i not so much place in the centre of Motovun. Or is there another parking place closed to the centre where we can meet us? 

Marin and I tried to reach Charlee for details, but still no luck. :(

As Motovun is really a very small place, I guess there would be no problem to find each other! I remember that the entrance to the old town is very narrow and steep and I have no idea where that hostel is. So I guess the safest bet is the large parking at the foothill.

When? I can guess that Saturday 10-10:30 am could be some decent time to meet.

However, I am worried about two things, the weather - the forecast says "rain" in the whole central Istria, and I am worried about the list of members coming as apart from Marin (sick but willing to come), Michael and me there is zero feedback here!

Shall we abort the mission? Or maybe we can just arrange a mini-meet and go to lunch, there is a nice tavern in Hum and also a nice restaurant at Lupoglav?

I think we should do a mini-meeting, if rain is too heavy we can talk about our Alfas in a restaurant. My suggestion is to meet us at the parking place at the foothill at 10:30. I will start in Rovinj at 9:30, I hope 1 hour is enough time to Motovun.

I will take a last look inside the forum tomorrow and if mini-meeting is ok for all I will drive to Motovun (with closed top I´m afraid :mellow: )

Next year we will be in Rovinj with 6 Alfas during 2th and 8th June. Maybe we can arrange a meeting in that time,

Edited by Michael

Ok, we'll see the weather in the morning!

What I see on the satellite right now is not looking good - heavy clouds coming from the Italy. :(

I'll report here in the morning with my final plan!

It's cloudy, but the forecast says that we'll be free of rain till afternoon.

The drive from Rijeka to Motovun is some 1:15 using highway, so I'll try to target my ETA at Motovun on 10:30. I'll probably come with my aflisti friend as a co-driver.

Michael, please can you just confirm that you are coming? So that at least two of us members meet! :)

Here it is cloudy too. Then I would start at 9:30 in Rovinj and 1h later I would arrive in Motovun.

We will meet us at the parking place. :thumbsup:

Next year we will be in Rovinj with 6 Alfas during 2th and 8th June. Maybe we can arrange a meeting in that time,

June sounds good, especially considering the fact how many Alfas are driving our way down south... Let's keep in touch and get it organised, OK?

June sounds good, especially considering the fact how many Alfas are driving our way down south... Let's keep in touch and get it organised, OK?

yes of course, I talked wit Paso about this and I think we will make a nice meeting during that time.

My 916 friends..i don't think that was a succesfull first meeting..i understand that Croatia is the birth place of the administrators of this forum..but was too far for all.

for me was in croatia not bad. (8h)
Unfortunately I had more vacation days this year and time was too short to arrange.

I hope for the next time!

Hi everyone!

No, it wasn't a successful meeting at all. There was too little time to properly plan everything and I had injured my right hand which was immobilised and I couldn't even make a banner or flyer. In the end, I was even unable to get there because I couldn't drive on my own. Then my car died and everything became crap. :/ 

I don't think Croatia is too far for everyone. It's almost in the centre. The decision was not made with our locations in mind... the other option was Lake Garda which is even further from you, Vassilis.

Anyway, even the weather decided to be bad.

So, what have we learned? Never plan a meeting a month before and in October :D

Next year, we should have a meeting in July (or possibly May), when the weather is more predictable and warm. And do it in time.