Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
OnePaintedMan

GTV Cup owner - Bucks, UK

Hi all,

 

I don't know why it's taken me so long to find this group? I'm in the 4th year of ownership of GTV Cup #60. 

 

I enjoyed 3 years of life with it before losing the keys (after doing a cosmetic refurb of the engine)! It's sat in my garage ever since while I turned my attention to other cars I own. I'm now in the process of sorting the situation out though (ecu/immobiliser/new key challenges) and hope to be back on the road again in the next couple of weeks. I've certainly missed that Busso V6 roar!

 

Drew

CupCollage.JPG

Edited by OnePaintedMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful compliments! What are the qualities of the car that affect you most?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Luigired said:

Beautiful compliments! What are the qualities of the car that affect you most?

 

First, that stunning Busso V6. What a noise!  Then it's beautiful design, followed by the sharp steering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 16:03, OnePaintedMan said:

I don't know why it's taken me so long to find this group? I'm in the 4th year of ownership of GTV Cup #60. 

 

I enjoyed 3 years of life with it before losing the keys (after doing a cosmetic refurb of the engine)! It's sat in my garage ever since while I turned my attention to other cars I own. I'm now in the process of sorting the situation out though (ecu/immobiliser/new key challenges) and hope to be back on the road again in the next couple of weeks. I've certainly missed that Busso V6 roar!

Drew, she's a beauty. Sort those keys and ECU man! Quality of life rises with a Busso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2020 at 20:47, Baron von Headloq said:

Drew, she's a beauty. Sort those keys and ECU man! Quality of life rises with a Busso.

I'm on it! Waiting to hear back from the ECU programming company. . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OnePaintedMan said:

I'm on it! Waiting to hear back from the ECU programming company. . . 

That's the sort of thing that buoys the spirits :thumbsup: Good man!
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ECU specialist reckons it'll be no more than £200. Sending off my ecu/immobiliser/keys tomorrow so they can work their coding magic. Should be back next week.

Edited by OnePaintedMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a quote to get my new Cup front bumper spayed and fitted too today. Severely cracked the original front lip 2 days after I'd just paid £500 to have it repaired and resprayed. 

 

Car will go into the bodyshop as soon as it will start and move again! It will be perfect soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OnePaintedMan said:

ECU specialist reckons it'll be no more than £200. Sending off my ecu/immobiliser/keys tomorrow so they can work their coding magic. Should be back next week.

On the offchance that I run into such woes, would you mind PM'ing me the contact info for your friendly specialist?  Specialists obviously also exist here in DE, but I'm happy to use a good crowd wherever they may be!

 

TTFN

 

Paul

Edited by Baron von Headloq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure Paul. If it's ok I'll wait until they have completed the job succesfully and returned my ECU/immobiliser/keys before sharing a recommendation though 😉

 

Should be back with me by the end of the week hopefully.

 

I was delayed sending them off (Should have arrived with them at lunchtime today) as I ran into issues removing the steering wheel to access the immobiliser ring aerial. One of the airbag retaining torx bolts rounded out and I had to drill it out 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, as it turned out the new lock/ignition barrel/keys were not required (luckily I didnt fit any of the hardware).

 

The keys are sealed and the chips in them are locked to a matched immobiliser box. Both need to sourced based on the VIN of your car.  I will therefore be reselling the complete unused set, if there is a buyer who can use them? 🤦‍♂️

 

The specialist (https://www.ecudecode.co.uk) 'virginised' my ecu, re-chipped my immobiliser box (it had been damaged by a voltage spike it seems) and has created a new matched 'master' transponder chip + 3 other matched transponder chips. Everything is being delivered back to me tomorrow (Cost £250 inc tax and shipping).

 

I have purchased the replica key blanks below (with case shells that open) and will insert the transponder chips into these and get the blades cut to match my current ignition barrel/locks.

 

https://www.keycasereplace.co.uk/alfa-romeo/12-alfa-romeo-key-shell-gt15r-blade-with-tpx-chip-position-red.html?fbclid=IwAR1xqcj-goD0Un9Ewkf6tg8ORUruuYJkwh8jktCsN4U5FuVA_oxvH6RE6RU

 

Hopefully the Busso will sing again by the end of this week 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 23:13, OnePaintedMan said:

Sure Paul. If it's ok I'll wait until they have completed the job succesfully and returned my ECU/immobiliser/keys before sharing a recommendation though 😉

 

Hopefully you can bookmark the details above in case they are ever needed Paul :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/7/2020 at 12:57, OnePaintedMan said:

Quindi, come si è scoperto, il nuovo blocco / cilindro di accensione / chiavi non erano necessari (per fortuna non ho adattato alcun hardware).

 

Le chiavi sono sigillate e i chip in esse contenuti sono bloccati in una scatola immobilizzatore abbinata. Entrambi devono provenire in base al VIN della tua auto. Quindi rivenderò l'intero set inutilizzato, se c'è un acquirente che può usarli? 🤦♂️

 

Lo specialista ( https://www.ecudecode.co.uk ) ha "virginizzato" la mia ecu, ri-scheggiato la mia scatola dell'immobilizzatore (a quanto pare era stato danneggiato da un picco di tensione) e ha creato un nuovo chip transponder "master" abbinato + 3 altri chip transponder abbinati. Domani mi verrà restituito tutto (costo £ 250 tasse e spedizione incluse).

 

Ho acquistato gli spazi vuoti delle chiavi di replica di seguito (con i gusci delle custodie che si aprono) e inserirò i chip del transponder in questi e farò tagliare le lame in modo che corrispondano al mio barilotto / blocchi di accensione attuali.

 

https://www.keycasereplace.co.uk/alfa-romeo/12-alfa-romeo-key-shell-gt15r-blade-with-tpx-chip-position-red.html?fbclid=IwAR1xqcj-goD0Un9Ewkf6tg8ORUruuYJkwh8jktCsN4U5FuVA_oxvH6RE6RU

 

Spero che il Busso canterà di nuovo entro la fine di questa settimana 😁

Bravo, well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late 90es were such a great time for cars... now you can't buy affordable Alfa Romeo coupe and enjoy it for years to come, like we do with our 916s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paso said:

Late 90es were such a great time for cars... now you can't buy affordable Alfa Romeo coupe and enjoy it for years to come, like we do with our 916s.

Second that motion! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Welcome to Squadra916

Squadra916 is the largest international community for owners and fans of Alfa Romeo GTV and Spider 916 cars.