Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Mario

GTV from the south of Spain...

Hi there!

I'm Mario, from Granada, Spain. I know this forum since years, and now it's time to introduce my GTV to all of you.

My 916 is a GTV 2.0 TS... well, that's what VIN says.

I bought the car on Aug 2014, and it was like this:

5vaa8l.jpg&hash=2abfc18dc4940ef3c1f0e10a

Nothing special. Just a basic 2.0 TS CF3 GTV with LPG installed and black leather PH3 seats.

The engine had the typical TS oil consumption, about a litre/1000km :rolleyes:

2014819134126_2.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two years later and lots of hours and €, the car looks like this other picture shows:

LRM_EXPORT_20170421_224052.jpg

22_LRM_EXPORT_20170427_181832.jpg

And the engine...

IMG_20170311_184033.jpg

I've put a 3.0 with GTA inlet cams, 2.5 flywheel with GTA clutch and Porsche Cayenne TB B)
(you can see the process HERE in the spanish Alfistas forum with the help of Google Translate :D )

Also, it has Novitec coilover suspension, GTA anti-roll bar (23mm vs 15mm original) , Toyo T1R tyres and by now it has OEM brakes due to the Vehicle Inspection (here it's illegal to modify the car if you don't pay to an engineer to legalize it) but I have 330mm brakes with Alfa 166 brembo calipers waiting in the garage :ph34r:

And that's all! I hope to be helpful in this forum.

Thanks to all of you :hello:

Edited by Mario

Wow impressive. Does the larger Porsche TB make any noticeable difference ?

23 minutes ago, A6C said:

Wow impressive. Does the larger Porsche TB make any noticeable difference ?

Thanks!

Well... it makes the engine sound lot better. Also, I think the main "problem" in Busso engines is that the inlet  is very poor. So, I can tell you that in medium and high revs, the engine seems to be more powerful. Mostly in mid-rev range.

Just for the price (less than 100€) I think it is worth.

Still waiting for it to explode. Remember to send that beautiful sideskirts to the Canary Islands.

You can also attach the Cayenne TB and the inlet pipes too, so I can save some extra money

Thanks you two.

Gaincho, there's no enough money in the world that can buy the skirts and some other secrets I have waiting in the garage :P

Paso, your GTV is an example for me to follow. You have very good taste :thumbsup:

On 2017-05-12 at 22:49, Gaincho said:

Still waiting for it to explode. Remember to send that beautiful sideskirts to the Canary Islands.

You can also attach the Cayenne TB and the inlet pipes too, so I can save some extra money

Gaincho :) .. you never give up :D .. refreshing :thumbsup:.

:hello: Mario, a lovely car that you have :thumbsup:.

I did not know it would be possible to fit anti roll bar in a 916.

Can you please give me more details?

Btw your GTV looks awesome.