Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lars

My old new Spider

It took 6 months of taking it apart and then putting it back together and this is what the final product is. There is still some work to be done but starting to look good now.

As a new member hope to stay here for good.

Perhaps someone know where I can get seals for the windows that go on soft top, i'm having real hard time finding it here in Serbia.

All the best guys, hope you all like the car!!

post-112-0-10135200-1332365734_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-08163000-1332365750_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-07029900-1332365763_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-32193000-1332365791_thumb.jpg

TB Spiders are rare anyway, something like 420 pieces worldwide. That's THE CAR to keep. Good choice :thumbsup:

Welcome here :)

PS: don't like the black cover that breaks the line

is she an original spider V6 tb :huh: ? great!!!!

(i was -and i m still- pretty sure that the v6 tb spider was only "FL" models 1998-2001)....

Hi and welcome! :) Spiders must be rare in Belgrade, right?

Yea not many at all, and most of them in poor condition.

is she an original spider V6 tb :huh: ? great!!!!

(i was -and i m still- pretty sure that the v6 tb spider was only "FL" models 1998-2001)....

I have to say not sure...this car had a very bad history before I got it. As far as registration papers go it once was, but then someone took the turbo out of it and killed it's soul and took bad care of it. It took me many months of putting it together, getting parts from all over, England, Germany, Italy and locally.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it says 1998 2.0 liter 147 kw in registration papers and believe you me I made sure that the car was regular. I had an GTV 2.0 twin spark before this one and also 166 but always wanted to have a spider. In any case it now is TB original or not I'm truly not sure. It is a keeper, and I hope my son will get to drive it, he is only two years old :)

Perhaps I'm wrong but it says 1998 2.0 liter 147 kw in registration papers and believe you me I made sure that the car was regular...

It is a keeper, and I hope my son will get to drive it, he is only two years old :)

Considering the paperwork, it MUST be a TB. I'd love one but prices here are prohibitive.

With an "Alfisti" background, your son should catch the virus alfa_b10.jpg

PS: don't like the black cover that breaks the line

I agree with Hailtech - repaint that black cover, it just doesn't look good. As for the rest: great Spider! :thumbsup: Wish I had a V6...

For sure guys, as far as the paint job, first I'll drive it around get sick of it, and then paint it. I personally don't mind it, but always open for suggestions. :)

The 2.0 V6 TB engine was not offered in the 1st series Spider. It was launched with the M.Y. 98 facelift. This Spider looks like a 1st series Spider. So assumingly it was rebuilt to to V6 TB later on.

There is some spider V6 TB sold as p1. But when you look closely to a spider V6 TB you see that there is a mix of the gtv p2 electronic and there is engine management of the p1 gtv TB... The ecu of my spider TB had p1 serial numbers... but switched to p2 engine and ecu from my wrecked gtv!