Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Avi-za

Avi

Hi all, 

Just wanted to introduce myself, name's AVI from sunny South Africa, i have a 2001 3.0 V6 GTV. Love the car to bits, have it for almost 10 years now. The pics were taken a few months ago & the car is going through a bit of a transformation at the moment. I unfortunately dropped rods through the sump in May last year & have decided to turbo the car, whilst doing that i have also refurbed the brakes & fitted braided hoses & fitted 19" 159Ti wheels. The turbo conversion should be complete by the end of this year. 

She has a full cup kit, H&R springs, in the fantastic Rosso red, immaculate interior & a full Rockford Fosgate / Alpine spund install. 

20150503_100812.jpg

20150503_105032.jpg

20140531_133010.jpg

welcome buddy! like mine of 2001 and V6 3.0 . But i never heard a turbo for a busso! wow..:huh:

for the wheels TI , i don't like ... but you re rosso is beautiful.

I want news for the transformation with the turbo..:thumbsup:

Can I ask re the Ti wheels do they bolt straight on or have you had to fit spacers?

i fell in love with this, hence why the 159 wheelsp

56b7910814c4c_Iv3_EhjrwGfjuPReUwjT72iBmfHcEDh98p7_PEwbcGR5Nx-KE1IUkV_0eSltWOi_E-UKwanTkZYx_7PydD3PvIJEbUDEHsSXQWpSkN1OO8JXw443-h332-nc.jpeg.b6d9cdde23b2e02a5561d086bb79c87c.jpeg

Same here it was this car that swayed me to fit the full cup kit to mine and get it lowered !

12 hours ago, A6C said:

Can I ask re the Ti wheels do they bolt straight on or have you had to fit spacers?

Unfortunately not, i found a co. that changed the pcd for me to 5 x 98, what they do is drill the holes bigger & fit in inserts & make it closer to the centre bore, & then the inserts are welded. Now they're straight bolts ons & no need for spacers. The only problem is that your socket is not close to the edge of the holes & prone to scratching. 

Unfortunately not, i found a co. that changed the pcd for me to 5 x 98, what they do is drill the holes bigger & fit in inserts & make it closer to the centre bore, & then the inserts are welded. Now they're straight bolts ons & no need for spacers. The only problem is that your socket is not close to the edge of the holes & prone to scratching. 

Ah I see, gutted. This is way too much hassle for me. If it was a simple solution I'd be going for these for sure.

I take it spacers is not an option then? Really want these wheels now !

Thanks

On 7. veljače 2016. at 19:49, Avi-za said:

Iv3_EhjrwGfjuPReUwjT72iBmfHcEDh98p7_PEwbcGR5Nx-KE1IUkV_0eSltWOi_E-UKwanTkZYx_7PydD3PvIJEbUDEHsSXQWpSkN1OO8JX=w443-h332-nc.jpeg

That's my GTV with photoshopped TI wheels :D 

omg, this was my inspiration to fit on those wheels....now i have!!!

56b7910814c4c_Iv3_EhjrwGfjuPReUwjT72iBmfHcEDh98p7_PEwbcGR5Nx-KE1IUkV_0eSltWOi_E-UKwanTkZYx_7PydD3PvIJEbUDEHsSXQWpSkN1OO8JXw443-h332-nc.jpeg.b6d9cdde23b2e02a5561d086bb79c87c.jpeg

That's my GTV with photoshopped TI wheels  

So you're the culprit and the reason I've spent so much money on mine !!

This is mine now, getting close to yours which is my inspiration.

0A19938F-8300-45F8-84DB-CE67E77C11A1_zpsyaws54or.jpg

Charlee, you car has given me sleepless nights, those wheels on it just looked off the hook, i searched for month to find a set now i find out that it was photoshopped!! No matter,  i still love them on mines, i think they should go back to silver though. 

Edited by Avi-za

On 2/9/2016 at 21:44, Paso said:

Welcome Avi! Fantastic GTV! Looking forward to any new photos and upgrades! :)

No real upgrades to speak of yet, still gathering parts for the turbo build, here's some below: 

2016-02-08 13.04.15.jpg

IMG-20160205-WA0018.jpeg

20160207_144313.jpg

20160207_144300.jpg

IMG-20160205-WA0020.jpeg

Hi and welcome here :). You have a nice GTV :thumbsup:.

There is turbocharged busso in your country I think. I have read threads by "turbonutters" in another alfa forum. You even may know him and if not it, will be good to find him ;).

What is this turbocharger? I don't see any brand on it, but hope to not be chinese one.

Can you tell us more about this standalone ECU? That is some SA brand I understand with quick search.