Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

finstyle

166 Brembo Brake Caliper mounting brackets

47 posts in this topic

I need mounting brackets to upgrade 166 Brembo Caliper on a 2.0 Twin Spark. Just plug ´n play. Without grinding the caliper or something else. - If it´s possible.

I hope there is somebody who can help me.

Thank to everybody.

Edited by finstyle

Get 300x28 discs (new Lancia Delta TB, etc, do a search on the forum), drill the discs for 5x98 PCD and then make brackets. 

I'll ask a friend if he possibly did something like this before.

Ok Charlee, these Discs are GTA big Brakes Discs with 5x98 PCD. But what´s about the 166 Caliper? At first I also need mounting brackets and second the 166 uses 310 Discs. Is the Caliper not to small for the 330 Discs?

The 166 caliper is too narrow for 32mm width disk.

You will need a disc of a 28mm width or you can make the calipers wider.

You can also use 305x28 discs.

So there are two differnt options. 305x28 or 330x28 Discs. The 305 Discs are a little bit small and the 330 are just to big for the 166 Caliper. What Do you think?

Thank you Thanos.

So I need 305x28 Discs for the 166 Caliper. - And I need the right mounting brackets whithout grinding the Calipers.

I hope somebody can help me to find.

Edited by finstyle

You HAVE TO grind the calipers if you use 305 discs.

GTA discs are 330x32 and too wide for the caliper. You could remove 2mm of each pad to make them fit. 166 calipers have large pads and are good for 330 discs.

Thank you Charlee.

Ok, 305x28 Discs and grind the 166 Caliper.

For these upgrade I need the right mounting brackets.

What´s about the OEM Brembo Caliper for the V6. Find brackets for these upgrade?

Edited by finstyle

Just try a search on the forum, you will find much more info.

OEM GTV V6 calipers are a no-go. 166 has 150mm and GTV/old GTA have 130mm between the bolts.

Thank you very much. Maybe you also have some photos.

Best regards

You HAVE TO grind the calipers if you use 305 discs.

:huh:  :dknow:  :hmm: I think that charlee have mistaken here.

No, I am not. If you use 305 discs it is too close to the hub and you have to grind the calipers. Maybe not on a TS, but on my TB I had to do that.

Hm, haven't read about such issue for any italian car with 166 brembo brake upgrade. This have to be seen/checked to understand and believe.

I have checked sizes of different discs and note, that the discs that I use have smaller offset than standard and on 3.0,3.2, but also my calipers are wider than 166 brembo.

My car was with 166 brembo (I don't know about discs, but think they was 305mm) before I bought it.

post-368-0-11670300-1427112016_thumb.jpg

Previous owner have exchanged this setup with stock one (with additional money from other guy of course) just before the sell.

My information is the same. You have to grind the caliper.

But I don´t know, what is if you modificate the brackets - so maybe you don´t grind the caliper???

Dear Charlee,

do you know something more about the mounting brackets (adapters)?

Edited by finstyle

I also didn't have to grind off anything from my caliper when I installed mine. Check my picture below from the set I have installed.

Foto550-DPTJKEHA.jpg

@GBINSB

Where do you bought the mounting brackets?

Edited by finstyle

I also didn't have to grind off anything from my caliper when I installed mine. Check my picture below from the set I have installed.

Foto550-DPTJKEHA.jpg

305x28 GTV/GTA discs?

You don't have to grind the caliper because of the bracket, but because of the hub 'ears'. The caliper is too close to the hub.