Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

My guilty pleasure...

70 posts in this topic

Later 9-3s were Vectras with a different badge ;)

Dosent matter. They drive exellent on long journeys. Comfortable and powerful. Quite heavy and not too found of corners though.. ;)

The 900 drives excellent. I would not mind the latest generation 9-3 convertible. A very cool car. Seats 4 people and some great engines. I

About those Vectra comparisons... In a episode od Top Gear Clarckson speaks about Saab, and why the brand was sold by GM. It seems that they modified the original Vectra base so much that it had very little similarities with Vectra. Everything was improved and that sort od behavior did not contributed to cost-saving policy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by big d

uremasaq.jpg

Off course I need some of these on my car.

Today I had some fun with the Saab, fitted a 2DIN audio headunit I had sitting around. New air filter, some fresh oil.

And off course a polish ;-)

24ci734.jpg

280o8q1.jpg

The torque steer in this thing is absurd, when the turbo kicks in, it is both hands on the wheel, Otherwise you will end up on the curb.

In my opinion don't change anything outside.

Can you make some close picture of front brakes for me  :) .

The torque steer in this thing is absurd, when the turbo kicks in, it is both hands on the wheel, Otherwise you will end up on the curb.

:D Nothing new here. For reference - Alfa Romeo 147 GTA Autodelta on Top Gear . And that Autodelta have plate type LSD. Your car probably have open differential.

y3a4a4eb.jpg

The brake shoes say Hirsch Performance. They work pretty good.

:) I wanted to see the calipers more clearly, do they look like other calipers on other cars. From this picture I can not determine that  :dknow: . What is the size of front discs? And other question come to my mind, if you have to change the discs or/and pads what parts you have to buy :hmm: . 

:) I wanted to see the calipers more clearly, do they look like other calipers on other cars. From this picture I can not determine that :dknow: . What is the size of front discs? And other question come to my mind, if you have to change the discs or/and pads what parts you have to buy :hmm: .

Good question. I asked myself that question. What to buy.

I will take some pictures tomorrow. Maybe you can tell me. Otherwise I will have to phone Hirsch.

And this is 9-3 and not 900 like you say in the first post.

And one interesting topic that I found now, it not exactly for your car, but technically probably very similar or the same -> link

And its answer one my future question - wheels size 18".

Actually it is a 900 with the 9-3 front and rear. The wheels are 18 Inch.

evu9e9ag.jpg

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading.

uremasaq.jpg Off course I need some of these on my car.

Prancing Älg (moose), you have a serious problem with SAAB virus. :D

Another part of SAAB (still existing) builds the world's largest rotary cultivator. B)

<iframe width="490" height="370" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6X-kXrVbNKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" data-link="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X-kXrVbNKo"></iframe>

Tomorrow I will take some combined pictures of the GTV and the Saab. That way it will be Squadra916 worthy.

Aarrrghh! Why did you bring this Saab up here? I want one now... :ph34r::rolleyes:

In a straight line it is a great car. Around corners, not so much. On twisty roads, a 2.0 TB or 3.0 V6 will be just as quick, this Saab needs all the horses to catch up with you after a few corners.

The interior is not so nice, so much hard plastic. I just loved the look of this 900. I also like the fact how drivers look in their rear view mirror when they see this old girl is so hard to shake off.

I know that. My grandpa had two. But I just like them as daily drivers. Really reliable engines and the build quality is great... The cabrio is great even in sub zero temperature as here in Norway.

In a straight line it is a great car. Around corners, not so much. On twisty roads, a 2.0 TB or 3.0 V6 will be just as quick, this Saab needs all the horses to catch up with you after a few corners. The interior is not so nice, so much hard plastic. I just loved the look of this 900. I also like the fact how drivers look in their rear view mirror when they see this old girl is so hard to shake off.

I like the fact that the model does not look so dated. A pretty boring but timeless design. I have more staring eyes in this, then I ever had in the Spider.

I am awaiting some essential parts for the Alfa 75. So I bought this for some fun. I am going to Denmark next weekend, and for sure I will take this old Saab.

Buy one! You will not be disappointed. These engines are easy to tune.

I have enough with my MiTo for the moment. Planning new wheels for her now. Need summertires and I have a nice deal on these brand new ones:

post-306-0-64343500-1390079476_thumb.jpg

I have enough with my MiTo for the moment. Planning new wheels for her now. Need summertires and I have a nice deal on these brand new ones:

They look good! I like the two tone. Good taste you have.

Thanks. The guy bought them for his Abarth, but they don't fit because of the big brakes he have... So I can get them for a steal ;)

I am going to Denmark next weekend, and for sure I will take this old Saab. .

Good choice if are caught up in the mylder trafikken (traffic queue)  to Copenhagen if that is where you are heading.

Actually it is a 900 with the 9-3 front and rear. 

Aha they all look pretty much the same to me  :D .

About the TD04 turbo, which was mentioned by damgreg earlier in the topic, as possible turbo. I found that there is TD04HL-19, which can give more than 300 hp. This have to be hybrid TD04 turbo, with bigger 19T compressor in my opinion. It is used by "MapTun" for one of their stage upgrade for 900 -> link .

@Evoman I can not find info for 900 Troll R and I think that your car maybe is some conversion :hmm: .

Another interesting info that I found. It is from topic for 9-5!

"Hirsch Troll are as follows:

Troll E engine: 1999-2000 250Hp; 2000-2001 260Hp; 2001-2002 280Hp
 Troll R engine: 1999-2000 272Hp; 2000-2001 280Hp; 2001-2002 310Hp"

And from the same post:

"The 310Hp version has some traction problems, but it remains drivable."

:D

Another interesting info that I found. It is from topic for 9-5!

"Hirsch Troll are as follows:

Troll E engine: 1999-2000 250Hp; 2000-2001 260Hp; 2001-2002 280Hp

Troll R engine: 1999-2000 272Hp; 2000-2001 280Hp; 2001-2002 310Hp"

And from the same post:

"The 310Hp version has some traction problems, but it remains drivable."

:D

Funny, this morning I was fiddling in the boot of the car. It was sold to me with no service history. What do I find? The complete

service history. Including a touch up paint pen, the spare " emergency" key and a dyno sheet, dated august 2011. Power output :

306,2 BHP

Not bad for a 15 year old girl. 

2qswie9.jpg

Edited by EvoMan