Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

I'll have to check this later... in two weeks! Holidays u know... :)

I ddid this scheme when I received the wishbones:

32qv.jpg

What's wrong!? Kill your front tires in 3000km because they are dead in the interior side!?!

I'll have to check this later... in two weeks! Holidays u know... :)

What's wrong!? Kill your front tires in 3000km because they are dead in the interior side!?!

Enjoy! :hello:

Perfect for me! If it happens, I know that I use the car too much for grocery shopping and not enough for pleasure driving in the country side  :D

Seriously tho, do you know roughly how much the camber changes from this individual mod?

I had a picture of both my spider and his gtv side by side but... I lost my pics with a bug in my dropbox...

This is by seeing the picture that I understood how he killed his tires...

I don't know of many degrees of negative it adds...

Hi Filip, if I understand it right, it's cornering grip you're looking for?

Try different toe angles, it makes more to the cornering grip on the GTV than your camber setting, more toe out - more grip, but the downside is more tire wear and a nervous car in a straight line, I have set my car to the outer limit of the toe out setting as it is a road running car, it is steady in a straight line and there are few cars that can follow through a corner, I have tested from 3 degrees of total

toe out, it gave tremendous cornering grip but also heavy tire wear and a nervous car (at speed) in a straight line but lots of fun.

:)

Yep, my car is a toy. Tire wear in the inner shoulder shouldn't happen if I drive it like I first intended :)

Damgreg, I like the looks of that. May not be right for you but looks good to me.

Do you know what OE part number those long ones have?

You're right I forgot it was for your CS project  :thumbsup:

I don't have the part number right now... I'm not sure if it's written on a bill (maybe is there a bill?) in the package I haven't moved since I received it.

I'll have a look at this, or my dad to do it because sunday I leave France for 8 days and I can't take the time to go at his.

You're right I forgot it was for your CS project  :thumbsup:

I don't have the part number right now... I'm not sure if it's written on a bill (maybe is there a bill?) in the package I haven't moved since I received it.

I'll have a look at this, or my dad to do it because sunday I leave France for 8 days and I can't take the time to go at his.

Whenever you find the time  :hello: My primary goal is to not get carried away with mods...  :thumbsup:

:hmm:

Eeeey!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm hoping that I can finally get the brake lines and hoses done. I got some 3/16" copper pipe that will join the factory steel pipe using a special connector that makes flaring the steel line unnecessary. According to some mechanics that I talked to, at least. I pray that no Alfa weirdness makes that impossible...  :rolleyes:

Today's work went OK.

DSC_1513.jpg

• Brembo 284x22mm vented discs
  • EBC Yellowstuff (DP41061R) pads
  • HEL braided brake hoses (ALF-4-120)

Not the prettiest brake line, but the important thing is that it's not too sharply bent. The factory one is horisontal rather than sinusoidal like mine  :P

This is my second time working with copper pipes so I'm still improving with each one I make. The one on the right hand side of the car actually looks prettier  :thumbsup:

DSC_1516.jpg

Hopefully, there won't be any leaks. I haven't filled up the system yet because I want to fit my rear braided hoses first. 

On the ABS front, there are good news. All my wheel sensors are OK. Doesn't solve the problem, but now I can cross that off the list. 

A mini guide:

DSC_1499.jpg

This is what you need tool-wise, more or less. 

The two lower circles reveal two hex bolts, the size of which I don't remember  :rolleyes: It's not necessary to undo the lower bolt of the seatbelt but it's nice to get it out of the way. 

DSC_1508.jpg

The arrows show where the side panel is tucked in behind the door trim and sill with "hooks". I started by prying out the plastic rivet to the right and worked my way from the right, ending up in a situation where the only things gripping the panel are those hook-thingys. A gentle pull makes them let go. 

An IMPORTANT NOTE: Since my project benefits nicely from weight reduction, I didn't re-fit the side panels. In other words, I have no idea if you have to remove the sills or other trim in order to fit them again. This method of disassembly is quick and does not break the panels, but you may have to disassemble more things in order to fit the panels again - I don't know!  :ph34r:

DSC_1512.jpg

Pull the connector apart gently and set your multimeter to measure resistance in Ohm. Mine has different modes like 20 ohm, 200, 2000 and so on. The ABS sensors are supposed to have a resistance of 1400-1600 ohm, as far as I've learned so I chose 2000. It turns out that 3 of my sensors had a resistance of roughly 1500ohm while the fourth had a resistance of just over 1400. 

Guess that means they are all OK  :thumbsup:

As you can see, I also ripped out the sound proofing pieces of foam that are glued to the body behind the panels.

Later, I will source a decent glue remover (Alfaduden's beloved Biltema might have something?  :lol: ) but it's not a priority yet. 

Next step: Locating the right fuse box and the right fuse for the ABS control unit. 

Edited by Filip

Good guide! I had some trouble with my abs sensor as well. Just hoping that it is the right front that is dodgy and not one of the rear. Both front were approx 1500ohm, but the right one had a broken tip that I suspect cause the lamp to light.

Nice mini guide, and......what a nice red Biltema jack stand. :bounce:

:thumbsup:

You sure? I stole them from my dad... they are ooold, just like him :D You missed that the red creeper is from Biltema, though?!  

Good guide! I had some trouble with my abs sensor as well. Just hoping that it is the right front that is dodgy and not one of the rear. Both front were approx 1500ohm, but the right one had a broken tip that I suspect cause the lamp to light.

Have you done research on connecting to the ABS ECU? Dunno if it's possible to get info on broken sensors out of it without expensive hardware and software. Do you?

You sure? I stole them from my dad... they are ooold, just like him :D You missed that the red creeper is from Biltema, though?!  

Of course I'm sure I have myself four of them :) , sorry that I missed the röda Biltema horan (I will not translate this, a dirty word :ph34r:) I'll be more attentive. :D

Have you done research on connecting to the ABS ECU? Dunno if it's possible to get info on broken sensors out of it without expensive hardware and software. Do you?

Multiecuscan http://www.multiecuscan.net/ or AlfaOBD http://www.alfaobd.com/index.html and a VagCom KKL (VagCom 409.1) interface + 3-pin adapter (Alfaduden will probably only need the VagCom KKL interface) from fleebay will probably help.

post-17-0-01817500-1392593627.jpg

post-17-0-18796000-1392593641_thumb.jpg

Edited by GTV-TB

Yap, but i have mac and it is hopeless to use MES without having windows PC.
Btw, I see more from Biltema.. I have exact the same multimeter as you! haha :D

Btw, I see more from Biltema.. I have exact the same multimeter as you! haha :D

We're cursed by Biltema products... 

Thanks GTV-TB for the links to the diagnostics equipment  :)

We're cursed by Biltema products... 

We are at least only cursed by Biltema :) , our Norwegian friends are also cursed by smøring (ski wax) problem at the moment. :P

I need your help!

Does anyone have experience with the brake force distributor mechanism on the rear axle? Mine spontaneously started leaking this week and I discovered it today. Didn't have time to remove it entirely but it's coming from the top where the brake lines screw into the housing.

Has yours failed?

What happened?

How did you fix it?

How many months' pay did it cost?

Can it be removed from the brake system without issues?

Outrageous behavior after 2 am, equip yourself with a pipecutter and a spanner -> find parking lot -> find a Fiat Brava or a Bravo or a Marea or a Marea Weekend or a Multipla -> use your tools -> get a good day's sleep -> mount your "new"  brake power regulator. :headbang: 

Civilized behavior, search on the following numbers below on the net (Fleebay). :) 

Alfa/Fiat OE: 7571999, 60620065, 60806223, 46739201

A.B.S.                          63974
Alanko                        307926
ATE                            24.6584-1701.3
BENDIX                      312238B
BENDIX                      312023B   
Bosch                         0204131221 (PV262)
FTE                            BKR1012
GIRLING                    8001052 
HP                              BR30122
KAWE                        P63974
NK                             892327
QUINTON HAZELL    BKR1012    
STOP                        312238S
TEXTAR                   35000900
TRISCAN                  8130 15404   
TRW                         GPV1052

@ Has yours failed? not with a leak (are you sure it is not a brake line leaking).
@ What happened? brake power regulator stopped doing its work.
@ How did you fix it? some times with lubrication, at other times with replacement.
@ How many months' pay did it cost?  ~1000-1500 SEK.
@ Can it be removed from the brake system without issues? brake pipes will probably snap.

:beer: 

I'm gonna be outrageously hung over in a couple of hours, but this looks friggin' awesome! Thanks! :D

I'm not 100% sure that it's the actual regulator. It could be a brake line right on top of the regulator that's leaking. It does feel like there's a hole (?) in the casing between the four brake nuts on top of the regulator, tho! Disassembly to follow...

Spring is in the air where I live tonight!

To a Swede, this means at least one more blizzard before real spring but hey, I'm happy :P

Hi Alfaduden, when lurking around different fora I did come across this.

quote, Egon on AO.

I have XP on my macbook pro, partitioned on "virtualbox" and it works fine with MES.

You have to allocate the USB and the net connection but other than that all is well.

I don't know a shit about Mac, but perhaps it may be helpful for someone who knows what he's talking about.

A mac running windows or Linux is so damn good  :lol:

I'm also running a virtual XP PRO instead of W7 for the older Alfa programs and it's quite good.

Can the brake force regulator thingy be tested before I fit it again? Looks nasty but it didn't leak until I started pulling on the pipes and the two front ones threw in the towel...

Terrible photo, sorry!

post-372-139369244584_thumb.jpg