Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Will you keep on hijacking Filip's topic or shall I open a new topic for you? :P

Uhu.. hijacking.. he forced me :duel:  showed Boobs card so I showed big brake card. :)

We can share my thread  :thumbsup:

The one and only condition: More specs and pics of your TB! And mods you are working on and want to try. All the tasty stuff!  B)

When Filip and I have shown our fronts :P  I show a rear end, nicely adjustable.

post-17-0-78813700-1383945125_thumb.jpg

When Filip and I have shown our fronts :P  I show a rear end, nicely adjustable.

Aaw, I'm officially jealous  :icon_eek: (and look at that ugly emoticon... lol!)

Zeatek? Tell us more!

Even though I don't use a bra :giggle: .. the front end is still fully adjustable in height, compression and rebound are separately adjustable in many steps.

post-17-0-17484800-1384004589_thumb.jpg

Wee need a Scandinavian meeting next season... Mantorp park? ;)

Speaking of Ultraleggera and Big brakes:

DSC_0190_zpsd932a8fc.jpg

I have a history of Ultraleggeras Have had them on all my cars... Sadly I have sold the wheels with the car both times, so buying my third set to the GTV the man behind the desk was a bit shocked :o :

29042008.jpg

150820101746.jpg

Edited by Alfaduden

Awesome bunch of Alfa's you have there and the Ultraleggera fit them all. :thumbsup:

Wee need a Scandinavian meeting next season... Mantorp park? ;)

Speaking of Ultraleggera and Big brakes:

DSC_0190_zpsd932a8fc.jpg

I have a history of Ultraleggeras Have had them on all my cars... Sadly I have sold the wheels with the car both times, so buying my third set to the GTV the man behind the desk was a bit shocked :o :

Aaah, Norwegians!  :lol: They casually buy a brand new set of OZ Ultraleggeras whenever they buy a new car.  :ph34r:

A Scandinavian meet would be awesome! Actually I'm going to Skokloster, where they host a huge Italian car meet every year, though the date has not been released yet. Early May 2014! It would be great meeting some Squadra people there!

Haha norrbaggar!

But i do occationally visit Biltema as well! My favorite candy shop ;)

Maybe we could meet. I'll check out where it is and calculate a route. I only live an hour from Strömstad :)

+1 for the rat look

:P

GTV-TB

first of all, It is about time to indruce us your Gtv. I know it is a unique one B).

Second, are you sure about not having an oil gauge?

Filip,

what kind of subframe do you have in mind?

THANOS I saw your question about oil pressure gauge, you already have a warning light if the oil pressure is dangerously low and say that you get an oil leak or oil pump dies or similar it goes fast so what should you do in time to save the engine even though you have an oil pressure gauge to monitor the oil pressure but I can see the point to have oil temp gauge so you do not kill the oil by overheating it.

I was wean off oil pressure gauges after a life together with an Alfetta GT, the readings were always mad but the car drove fine for many years and that at last killed the engine was the spica injection who gave up and leaned out the fueling so I blew holes in two pistons.

:)

Aaah, Norwegians!  :lol: They casually buy a brand new set of OZ Ultraleggeras whenever they buy a new car.  :ph34r:

A Scandinavian meet would be awesome! Actually I'm going to Skokloster

Yes Filip you have to wonder what norrbaggar are made of, casually buying a brand new set of OZ Ultraleggeras whenever they like. :D

Strömstad, Skokloster sorry I find myself at the wrong end of the country.

THANOS I saw your question about oil pressure gauge, you already have a warning light if the oil pressure is dangerously low and say that you get an oil leak or oil pump dies or similar it goes fast so what should you do in time to save the engine even though you have an oil pressure gauge to monitor the oil pressure but I can see the point to have oil temp gauge so you do not kill the oil by overheating it.

I was wean off oil pressure gauges after a life together with an Alfetta GT, the readings were always mad but the car drove fine for many years and that at last killed the engine was the spica injection who gave up and leaned out the fueling so I blew holes in two pistons.

Thanks!

I got your point...

I would like to fit an oil temp gauge just to be sure when to start pushing the car and when to stop..

On the other hand, after 110.000Km with no problems maybe it is not necessary..

I do not care about killing the oil as do the oil changes very very early.

Believe it or not.. the only reason that I have not fitted any gauges yet is because I hate the look of them in our interiors.. 

There is no place at all where you can fit them and obtain the clean look of the interior.

I do not have a boost gauge either.. :D

Haha norrbaggar!

But i do occationally visit Biltema as well! My favorite candy shop ;)

Maybe we could meet. I'll check out where it is and calculate a route. I only live an hour from Strömstad :)

Biltema, candy shop? Naah please.  :P Though I like their coffee-and-cinnamon-bun offer for 5 SEK. Such a good sales trick. No one can resist... 

Their products vary a lot in quality but most hand tools and electric tools are good, at least if you don't use them very hard every day. 

Skokloster Slott is not too far north of Stockholm. http://goo.gl/maps/Zq1A6 

Still quite a drive for you. 

Yes Filip you have to wonder what norrbaggar are made of, casually buying a brand new set of OZ Ultraleggeras whenever they like. :D

Strömstad, Skokloster sorry I find myself at the wrong end of the country.

Don't we know what they are made of? The norrbaggar are made of ancient dead plants and animals in liquid form... And lusekoftor.  :happy0045:

Wrong end of the country? I always thought KBH stood for Kobenhavn? Quite a drive for you too, but you have six whole months to find a reason to go to Stockholm that weekend and then "accidentally" end up at Skokloster  :thumbsup:

Believe it or not.. the only reason that I have not fitted any gauges yet is because I hate the look of them in our interiors.. 

There is no place at all where you can fit them and obtain the clean look of the interior.

Not sure I agree. I'm planning on trying to replace the analog clock with a good quality oil temp gauge from Stack, Autometer etc. Rumor has it that the three factory gauges are fixed as a unit, but I will see for myself.

Oh,

are the coils intrax or those that Alfastumper used to have on their listing?

There are those who Alfastumper sold, sadly, if I have understood it correctly so suddenly raised the manufacturer they used the price so much so they took them away from their range, unfortunately, you did got a lot for your money.

Wrong end of the country? I always thought KBH stood for Kobenhavn? Quite a drive for you too, but you have six whole months to find a reason to go to Stockholm that weekend and then "accidentally" end up at Skokloster  :thumbsup:

Yes I live half  of my allotted time in  København  and the other half in Skåne.

The gauges are fixed, but you can replace the clock easily

I have this odd feeling that I'll have questions for you once I get started taking the dash apart. You are Squadra's Dash Man after all :D

There are those who Alfastumper sold, sadly, if I have understood it correctly so suddenly raised the manufacturer they used the price so much so they took them away from their range, unfortunately, you did got a lot for your money.

Yes I live half of my allotted time in København and the other half in Skåne.

If you hadn't bought them and were in the market for a set of coilovers today, what would you buy instead?

Ok, so you just need some time off and a good reason to go north. Like an Italian car meet :)

Alfastumper is a funny man... He bought cheap chassis parts from a company called hotbits in Taiwan (I think), rebranded them to zeatek and then sold them for a higher price.

But you did get a good set for penny's!

It is easier for me to meet you in København than in the forests of skokloster ;)

I have FK silverlineX on mine, and it is well known yellow Konis with their own springs. I like the dampers, but not the springs. But it is still a lot for your money!

The TS has a lot more variety in coilovers than V6 models. See if you can get KW coilovers, as they use the same yellow Konis but again their own springs, witch I think is better!

I will try to ask KW for a set of custom springs on my car some time in the future!

Not sure I agree. I'm planning on trying to replace the analog clock with a good quality oil temp gauge from Stack, Autometer etc. Rumor has it that the three factory gauges are fixed as a unit, but I will see for myself.

What about VDO? They are accurate and they look same as the original ones..

I also like this idea,

http://www.zada-tech.com/

Alfastumper is a funny man... He bought cheap chassis parts from a company called hotbits in Taiwan (I think), rebranded them to zeatek and then sold them for a higher price.

But you did get a good set for penny's!

It is easier for me to meet you in København than in the forests of skokloster ;)

I have FK silverlineX on mine, and it is well known yellow Konis with their own springs. I like the dampers, but not the springs. But it is still a lot for your money!

The TS has a lot more variety in coilovers than V6 models. See if you can get KW coilovers, as they use the same yellow Konis but again their own springs, witch I think is better!

I will try to ask KW for a set of custom springs on my car some time in the future!

I've looked at Hotbits, spent some time on their website. The DT2 kit appears to be the one that Alfastumper sold as Zeatek coilovers. Their price is 5600 RM, which is €1300, which is more or less what I payed for the entire car... So this is where FK coilovers get interesting! 

What about VDO? They are accurate and they look same as the original ones..

I also like this idea,

http://www.zada-tech.com/

Oh! Never thought about this at all. The green LCD matches the original panel backlight as well.

Looks like I'd land at £80 for an oil temp LCD excl shipping. Worth considering  :hello:

VDOs are more expensive than Stack and Autometer, as far as I can see. The senders are seldom included in the prices quoted for VDO gauges. 

Edited by Filip

Typical Swedish thing to do when you buy a used car...

glykol.jpg

Looks protected enough. 

Next thing: 

abs.jpg

Looks legit... it's the early Bosch 2Si version so all good so far. Next weekend when I can finally jack the car up and take the wheels off, I'll take a closer look at the sensors, fuses and so on