Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Alfa Spider 2.0 TS (Evoman)

34 posts in this topic

Hereby some pictures of my Spider. Today I purchased a clean set of 17 Inch Tele Dials for my spider. I will pick them up this coming weekend. I also bought a RVS roll bar, which will arrive in 3-5 days. The current black softtop will be replaced by a grey top, to match the paint. No other plans as yet.

2hxrton.jpg

205drpf.jpg

When all the modifications are done, you will see an update ;-)

Great photos Evoman! :) Post an update when you've done with mods!

I will, I am not sure if the Teledials will look good on the

car. Maybe I will have to lower the car and I don't really

want to do that. My girlfriend drives the car sometimes and

I am not sure if she takes speed bumps as careful as I do.

I do not want huge gaps in the wheel arches. Anyone experience

with this?

Tele Dials fitted, the RVS roll bar is sceduled for tomorrow.

j5f1ir.jpg

In my search for the Tele Dials I came across this Alfa GT. A diesel with 180 bhp. Very low and very mean. I have to have it.

Soon to be added to my garage. Watch this space.

vhc31g.jpg

Tele Dials fitted, the RVS roll bar is sceduled for tomorrow.

Posted Image

In my search for the Tele Dials I came across this Alfa GT. A diesel with 180 bhp. Very low and very mean. I have to have it.

Soon to be added to my garage. Watch this space.

Posted Image

Hahah you're on thin ice now, the Alfa virus is awake :D

"Gotta have tele dials! Oh wait, that GT looks nomnom..."

Btw, is the roll bar you mentioned an anti roll bar or is it a safety roll bar in case you flip the car?

Hahah you're on thin ice now, the Alfa virus is awake :D

"Gotta have tele dials! Oh wait, that GT looks nomnom..."

Btw, is the roll bar you mentioned an anti roll bar or is it a safety roll bar in case you flip the car?

The RVS safety bar that is fitted behind the seats. Even my wife has the Alfa Virus...when I mentioned that I has a crusch on that white GT,her reply was : Well, buy it then.

I have did some thinking. I need to lower the Spider. Looks far better. The modifications appear every time I look at the car ;-)

Looking forward to seeing the result!

Awesome wife, where did u find her?! :lol:

About 20mm lowering usually looks the bomb with teledials.

Looking forward to seeing the result!

Awesome wife, where did u find her?! :lol:

About 20mm lowering usually looks the bomb with teledials.

I will try 20mm. Now it looks like a monster truck ;-)

Edited by EvoMan

Today is lazy sunday. I can't get myself to fit the rollbar. Instead I drove around the port and took some pictures with the new wheels.

2mric03.jpg

29ni4yb.jpg

dr4lmd.jpg

Edited by EvoMan

Nice Spider and great pics! :thumbsup:

Roll bar isnt that much work?, what brand did you buy?

I bought it second hand. Not sure what the brand is. Next week the spider gets a new convertible top, I have asked the guy

to fit it for me. He has the right tools, I have none.

Lowering set ordered online. Now I am really finished with the modifications ;-)

Edited by EvoMan

Nice pictures, are these taken into the city of Rotterdam?

Are you also active onto the Dutch 916 register? www.alfa916register.nl

Keep posting I love the pictures. For making your car lower, I can advise you the KW brand. It's not low cost, but the comfort inside the car stay exists and you can set them on the high you want.

Regards,

Roy

Nice pictures, are these taken into the city of Rotterdam?

Are you also active onto the Dutch 916 register? www.alfa916register.nl

Keep posting I love the pictures. For making your car lower, I can advise you the KW brand. It's not low cost, but the comfort inside the car stay exists and you can set them on the high you want.

Regards,

Roy

I will keep KW in mind. Thank you for the advise.

Pictures are taken in the port of Rotterdam. A great location to shoot some pictures.

I have decided to sell the Spider. Since I am hooked on Alfa's it will be replaced by a 2009 Spider with a diesel engine. A change of job means I need to hand back the Guilietta. Since I need a diesel and want to drive around topless, there is no other way.

My girlfriend will go drive the Delta and I will clock up the miles in the new Spider. I have owned 2 916's and I am sure a V6 will end up on my driveway in the future.

Untill it sells, I will keep enjoying the 916!

So you have rejected the option for the white GT? If you want enjoying cheap driving with open top alfa, why not install LPG on this spider. This will be way cheaper than newer diesel spider (not only in price for fuel). 

And you have gave the icon Delta Evo 2 to your wife to have something to drive :o  :huh:  :blink: .

One things is for sure, you are real alfa fan  :thumbsup: .

There is no way back now. Just signed my name on the contract. If the 916 does not sell, I will store it and modify it some more. The paint is like new, the interiour is as new. So no need for a quick sale. From next week I will have 2 spiders. The new one is exactly 10 years and 2 days younger.

Btw. That 200bhp diesel in the new Spider drives like a dream!

Many peoples are very excited when they go to "more powerful" diesel and much more when remap it. That big torque from low down give good emotion.

Many peoples are very excited when they go to "more powerful" diesel and much more when remap it. That big torque from low down give good emotion.

Trust me, there is no reason to remap it. It is so powerful. Maybe in time I will ;-) I need to visit suppliers in this car, so no big wheels and    many modifications.

The "new" Spider should have big wheels, so thats not a problem  :thumbsup:

I prefer the Y-spoke 18" Alfa factory wheels.

Good luck with the sale and your plans. Hope it works out well for you :)

But, I wouldn't sell the 916 Spider. It will be a modern classic which cannot be said for the new Spider. It does look better than a Brera, and does have 200hp, but it's heavy and bulky and not so fast. I've driven one when it was released and was really disappointed. Same goes for the Brera with the same engine, tuned and standard. The V6 was even worse compared to a GTA or GTV 3.2.

Soooo, keep the 916 :)

The car is silver with dark grey 8C look alike wheels. That is good enough for me. Combined with black leather I like it. 

If someone go for power there isn't such thing like enough power  :smile23: . Every want more and more  after a while. Tuning virus is very dangerous and money demanding  :smile23: