Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Robf

916 book author says hello...

Hi all

Better introduce myself...

I'm a 43 year old car enthusiast currently living in England. I have had lots of fun cars over the years, including Capri 2.8i, ferrari 308gt4, Porsche 911 carrera and Westfield SEi. I also used to have a Maserati 3200GT which superceded an Alfa Romeo GTV V6 - I used to frequent the forum on GTVV6.com.

I'm currently driving a Fiat 500, which is great fun, but a bit of a change in performance for me ( my last car was a 147GTA)...

My first book about the Alfa Romeo GTV and Spider (916 series naturally) was published by Crowood press in September, and it contains a few pictures of Davor's car (thank you Davor)!

Looking forward to joining the chat

All the best

Robert

Hi Robert and welcome! :)

I was very sad when Keith decided to shut down GTVV6.com - it was a great community with a lot of useful info about 916. Since that time I was on lot of Alfa forums but there was a need for a dedicated one like Squadra 916 is now. I was really happy when Nikola (Charlee) called me and said: "I will do it! Would you be around to help?" :) At first it was only Croatian forum, but now it's a real international community and we all hope that in time it'll become the first stop for GTV and Spider owners.

What I like the most about Squadra is a very user friendly forum software, simple and nice design and very usable garage module - a great way to present cars and all the modifications with comments.

I am very thankful to you for writing this book. There is no doubt that car like this deserves a good book. It's not only a technical marvel of that time in that price segment but also a design icon with a perfect mix of driving joy and performance for many car enthusiasts. I think you overdelivered - you cover everything in the book, even many details and history background that are not usually found in this type of books. I hope you'll join our discussions here from time to time even if you are not a GTV owner any longer.

Welcome Robert!

Just got the book in my hands. Marvelous! I enjoy those Norwegian contributions, and have actually driven the silver 3 litre by Mr. Von Der Lippe! Almost bought it, but went for a TB instead.

Thanks to your book I have noticed that I own one of just 47 cars that were built in 1999!

Look forward to share experiences and tips.

-Magnus