Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Fabian

A friendly hello from Holland

So,

Finally found some time to properly introduce myself to all of you 916 enthusiasts.

My name is Fabian and I am 35 years old (witch my girlfriend often argues, she says I behave like a 5 year old :rolleyes:).

I have owned my Spider for exactly five years as of this weak.

As a daily drive I have a 156 station, face lift model with the (brilliant) selespeed-gearbox.

When I originally bought the Spider is was fitted with the 3.0V6 12V. I drove it in it's original state for roughly 2 years. And then it began.

After a major malfunction of the oil system (the oil pump clogged up with sealant from the oil pan) the first engine was ruined.

As a 12V was hard to find, (and of course I wanted more powerrrrrrr :happy0045:) I decided to fit a 24V V6

These are readily available and (in my opinion) better built and more reliable.

I bought a second hand GTV as a donor so I would have all parts needed for the Job.

I decided to drive the GTV for a while to evaluate the technical state of the engine.

Sadly the GTV knew what was coming and it decided to commit suicide by skipping the timing belt a few notches. A second V6 ruined. Who says the Busso is indestructible

But I was not going to let these Alfa's get the better of me, so I bought another V6 from a 166.

These engines are the same in basic, just a few minor differences in mounting brackets.

Also fitted a 6 speed gearbox, a Q2 diff, a GTA flywheel and a GTA clutch while I was at it.

The car had become a driving money pit and has been since those days (never a dull moment).

And I love it to bits :wub:

Lots of modification done and lots more still to come.

One of the latest modifications (and one of the best in my honest opinion) has been fitting a set of Porsche 997 sport seats (I know, I know, blasphemy). But.............. this makes the car so much more fun to drive as I now have so much space for my legs and brilliant lateral support.

Quite a story! :) I guess everyone here has one Alfa love story of his own... your car looks brilliant! Please post some photos of those seats!

Here are a few pics.

They haven't been painted in the right colour yet, but I have ordered the paint (no, I do not like the red).

Also I need to make a few minor adjustments to the seats as it is a tight fit.

post-243-0-18844700-1344518599_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-86299900-1344518620_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

The original seats look way better in my opinion, but on the other hand it is trully an issue of lateral support...