Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
PeteAu

Hi Friends

New member, just joined today. Looks like an awesome community. Based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Owned the 2003 2L JTS Spider for approx. 5 years. Been tucked away in a garage for the last few years. We gave her a clean & polish yesterday. All excited again! Made the decision to put back on the road and enjoy our pending warmish weather:)

Some questions.

Looking at EB Spares GTA 17 inch wheels. Worth the effort? They look great. We had a GTA a few years back. 

Suspension upgrades? Koni service the front on V6 but not the 2L, any alternatives?

One of our issues with the Spider is a power steering hose leak. Quite complex on RH drive 916's. Anybody by-passed the pipes and ran rubber hoses only.

Last one! Alfaholics Stainless Steel exhaust system. Anybody purchased? Makes the right noises and no drumming?

Appreciate any assistance.

The 916 series are aging so well. Ours is a keeper:)

All the best

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not much reply so far so I will give you some input. I would not import a set of GTA wheels. They are available down under at alfa specialized wreckers.

Maybe a suspension upgrade isn't needed just new shocks. I went through the upgrade pathway for my gtv 3.0 and found advice of others inaccurate for my car to the extend that I replaced a new set of springs because I couldn't live we the harsh "upgrade". The original suspension is very good it just seems to age fairly fast.

I can't advice on power steering hoses.

Alfaholic exhaust will work out expensive due to freight and poor exchange rate. Again you can find second hand upgraded exhaust systems for far less money.

btw I love my underutilized gtv too.

Hi Pete! :)

GTA wheels are nice (I had them on 156), but IMHO maybe a bit "too rough" for a very smooth and elegant GTV design. Original 17" teledials are better choice if you can't get GT Blacklines or Zender Siena. About suspension: in most cases with Koni, Novitec, Eibach and H&R you can't go wrong, but I don't know what is still available. 

No experience with Alfaholics exhaust, I have custom built Shacal and it's great. There should be someone here with that exhaust.

Yes, it's a keeper! :)

Best,
Davor