Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dino

Return to Alfa

40 posts in this topic

On both engines, please find these two interesting videos: 

Great! Thanks Dino :thumbsup:

The Busso V6 video I have, but have not seen the Twinspark one before now. I'll watch it with some wine in a little!

Used to own a 75 2.0TS as my “Track Car”... Was a good and light engine. Actually, the TS was used more for Tracks as the Busso because it was less “top-heavy”... did some spins nevertheless... 😂

1 minute ago, Dino said:

Used to own a 75 2.0TS as my “Track Car”... Was a good and light engine. Actually, the TS was used more for Tracks as the Busso because it was less “top-heavy”... did some spins nevertheless... 😂

If you don't lose it occasionally, you're not trying hard enough :drive:

Oh I don't know ... the track is a great learning space too (except perhaps in the middle of a pack of cars!) :thumbsup:

Dino, please excuse the question, but is your first language German? The standard of your English strikes me as native-speaker or at least very good 2nd language level.  Just wondering!

Edited by Baron von Headloq

Yeah, I did not like "Touristenfahrten" too much, as the mix of cars, bikes and even busses is really a bit annoying at times. I did however participated in GLP and RCN and several track days, which was more convenient. Maybe next year, I'll do that again.

Thanks for the compliment :D I work in an international environment as a Management Consultant since 22 years - so English is really my day-to-day language... 

33 minutes ago, Dino said:

Thanks for the compliment :D I work in an international environment as a Management Consultant since 22 years - so English is really my day-to-day language... 

I thought perhaps something like that! It shows in your use of metaphor and colloquialisms :thumbsup:   (I used to be in ERP (SAP mainly) and management consulting circles until the amusment wore a bit thin for me)

Track days where you have vast mismatches in vehicle types and performance really don't do it for me. Never mind the great variance in skill of the "nut behind the wheel" ...

Paul

Se sei appassionato dei motori del grande Giuseppe Busso, dovresti leggere questo meraviglioso libro.

IMG_20200709_092758.jpg

On 9.7.2020 at 09:38, Baron von Headloq said:

I thought perhaps something like that! It shows in your use of metaphor and colloquialisms :thumbsup:   (I used to be in ERP (SAP mainly) and management consulting circles until the amusment wore a bit thin for me)

Track days where you have vast mismatches in vehicle types and performance really don't do it for me. Never mind the great variance in skill of the "nut behind the wheel" ...

Paul

I have to admit the Consulting bunch is sometimes not really that amusing...but PE directors are even less so imho :D

On track days: Agree that it's tricky sometimes, but on the NoS it's exactly the same in races like RCN - 150 cars from Porsche down to beaten-up old Golfs...

Have a good day!

Ansgar

12 hours ago, Luigired said:

Se sei appassionato dei motori del grande Giuseppe Busso, dovresti leggere questo meraviglioso libro.

IMG_20200709_092758.jpg

is it available in German or English???

3 hours ago, Dino said:

is it available in German or English???

No idea! But I'll look for it and see. Worst case, I need to really spark my Italian from "meh" to "fairly good" :D

3 hours ago, Dino said:

I have to admit the Consulting bunch is sometimes not really that amusing...but PE directors are even less so imho :D

On track days: Agree that it's tricky sometimes, but on the NoS it's exactly the same in races like RCN - 150 cars from Porsche down to beaten-up old Golfs...

Have a good day!

Ansgar

Yup .. basically I became a little jaded with the attitudes of some in the consulting domain (and to be honest, a little boredom factored into it too). I do keep my hand in, though. Now I play in startup land, and with tech integration and other fun bits. 

The day is working out ok ... thanks!

Great one to you too!

Paul

Edited by Baron von Headloq

Sounds interesting, Paul. I will actually start a new position within a global tech firm in August... three letters, and there is a B in it... :-)

12 hours ago, Dino said:

è disponibile in tedesco o inglese ???

I don't know, but I don't think so.