Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
trebol

New Giulia

45 posts in this topic

Nadie va a hablar sobre el nuevo Giulia?

queen_elizabeth_and_prince_charles_laugh

Keep your mind over 916. Giulia QV is several light years away from us  :P

Keep your mind over 916. Giulia QV is several light years away from us  :P

Maybe time to start an Squadra916 Lotto Club, who knows ... maybe we are lucky. :D

the price is insane... ( maybe 80.000€ for the QV ) but Alfa Romeo is back... :wub: :wub:

In terms of styling, it's a bit boring (or do you think I've convinced myself so, knowing I'll never be able to afford one?  :huh: )

In terms of styling, it's a bit boring (or do you think I've convinced myself so, knowing I'll never be able to afford one?  :huh: )

I am inclined to agree with you, too much streamline German, Korean, Jap design but with little bit of character (but Alfas has often not been looking good in pictures, often it is quite another thing when seen in the flesh), I do not like the lower front grille also the shark fin is very retro in a bad way, looked silly on BMW and even worse on an Alfa.

Quite similar?

post-17-0-73509900-1435609585_thumb.jpg

Technically it's really superb, performances are top-notch, equipment is superb, suspension and engines can't be better... BUT design-wise I am disappointed; the concept was perfect and this is not so, this looks like a BMW replica (side), Audi (rear), and I can't stand those Audi-look generic door handles. The front is also very far from the one on the concept, so the only original bit is the front mesh pattern. 8C was original, 4C also, and not to speak about older models... but this looks like something designed not for Alfisti, but for BWM and Audi clients. I don't like that.

So, it's a great-great car, but with an utterly unoriginal look, there is absolutely nothing brave in this design and that saddens me.

Technically it's really superb, performances are top-notch, equipment is superb, suspension and engines can't be better... BUT design-wise I am disappointed; the concept was perfect and this is not so, this looks like a BMW replica (side), Audi (rear), and I can't stand those Audi-look generic door handles. The front is also very far from the one on the concept, so the only original bit is the front mesh pattern. 8C was original, 4C also, and not to speak about older models... but this looks like something designed not for Alfisti, but for BWM and Audi clients. I don't like that.

So, it's a great-great car, but with a utterly unoriginal look, there is absolutely nothing brave in this design and that saddens me.

Yes hell ... the car has power and probably handling too so why not show it in the look of the car, BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners will still stick to their tedious cars despite Alfas boring design.

Edited by GTV-TB

So, it's a great-great car, but with an utterly unoriginal look, there is absolutely nothing brave in this design and that saddens me.

Where did you see the concept? As far as I know they never showed it as they did with the 4C.

hey guys, I was a little disappointed at first, but gradually I love more.
Do not forget that Giulia was designed for the US. There will be other models and I think they will be a little more daring in terms of design ..

Otherwise we all have our GTV who still heads back ...
B)

Gaincho, true, there was never an official concept out there, but among all those unofficial renderings there was quite a few that are stunning and yet realistic.

For example this one can't be mistaken for a BMW:

post-3-0-97683600-1435710215_thumb.jpg

Or this:

post-3-0-59945500-1435710335_thumb.jpg

First one is just a 159 that went across a VAG factory... I really like it, but it looks very similar to my Spider.

Second render... Astonishing, but I like most the rear view

alfa-romeo-giulia-concept-thorsten-krisc

BTW, Have you seen new Coupe? Impresive!!!  :P  :P

alfa_giulia_gtv_by_saporita-d8ytotq.jpg

Some new Alfa coupe in that class make no sense to me when we got 8C and it's hard to beat 8C design. This Giulia Coupe concept is too bulky for my taste. I love the 6C concept that was around the web, that was the business!

post-3-0-80325800-1435914659_thumb.jpg

Well the BMW is sort of a benchmark in this class. At least until the Giulia goes on sale. So anyway that's why I reckon others use similar design. Mind you.. I've seen some really dumb comments about it on the internet. There's quite a lot people thinking its based on a Chrysler :D  :D  :D

I do not know how true these numbers are, but ... Giulia QV, 0-100 km/h 3.9 seconds, is claimed to have made 321 km/h on Nardò Ring, basis price 76,300 € .

:)

Can't remember now if it's 7% or 12% for new cars.

But anyway, basis price is usually more expensive than in rest of Europe(due to transport), and of course, no discount (only one dealer, no competence)