Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

inspire

Hello from the Philippines

Hello Everyone!

I just discovered this form.  I am a relatively new Alfa owner, I acquired my car late last year and have been working on her piece by piece.  Just like BRX I find restoring my car quite the challenge as there are no parts here and my car which was a bit neglected needs a lot of work to get her running well again. 

So far I have been fixing leaks in the braking, cooling and transmission systems and am dealing with the challenge of getting my non functional speedometer working once more.  My car is a Phase 1 2.0 v6 TB and I look forward to learning from everyone here!

Regards,

Chad

Welcome to the forum ;) .

You can order parts from Europe, but the shipping will be expensive I guess and if you have to pay duty tax even more.

About the speedometer problem you can look at last pages of the topic for my car.

Good luck  :thumbsup: !

Chad, welcome I am also  a newbie to  this forum.  There are some tech tips of how to work on your car.  You just need to be patient and go  over the forums individually and someone maybe able  to help you out.

As to the parts I source them out in Europe (UK, Italy and Germany).  I have a specialty mechanic-partner that helps me out in working on my car.  If there are no  spare parts for the car, I go  to a specialty machine shop  and have them fabricate parts  for my car.

When I got my car the exteriors and looks were all OK.  But the former did so many conversions with the car that I had to painstakingly correct them to alfa standards.  I had wanted to use the V6 turbo engine but it was not anymore seen.  I am not yet finished with my project because of cost constraints.  You would be shocked to know as to how much I had to spend on the car to where it is now.  Overall, I love this rocket car :)   It is very fast and lots of fun that's why I had to install a 4-point Sparco seat belts .   I have maintained the car to original form.  Though after the build we will plan to install Cadamuro or GTV Cup spoilers on them.  I am just waiting for my Konis to arrive and an entire rear subframe!!!  This subframe is a long story which really hurt my pockets.  No lowering of  springs because our Manila Streets are not that great.  Specially there are some other gadgets placed at the lower portion of the car and I would like to protect them.  Read my newbiw forum on cooling the intercooler  and engine bays.  My car is now in my garage waiting for my mechanic to restart and retune it.  We just rehabilitated the CT20B turbo with brand new bearings and seals.

My speedometer and tachometers does not work also.  There are 2 options in our heads:  1-convert the back part of the existing gauges with Toyota gauges while maintaining the alfa romeo look.  The other option is totally taking out the gauges and use Autometer gauges.  They come with independent reading units and can fit any cars. SMS me at 09196118334 would be happy to share whatever I can.  Is there an alfa romeo club in the Philippines?  I only know of  the sports car club....

After this build I am looking for another alfa (156, GT, Brera, etc.) to rebuild but I want it with the original engine.  If I had the money I would be happy on a 4C!!!  :}

Chad, I forgot I also source some parts in China.  They do have alfa romeos and are right hand drive.  Was looking at importing an alfa from there because they are LHD's.

Meet you soon.

Hi BRX and all,

No Alfa club here that I am aware of.  I think there used to be one but there isn't anymore.  I know of two GTVs for sale.  My car is a work in progress too.  Suspension needs to be changed, engine needs to be tuned, exhaust should be replaced and interior bits need work.

Here is my car with an older relative.  So far all I did was get her running again, fix leaks and give her a good detailing.  Her paint is ok except for the rear bumper which is pink with age.

As the roads are quite bad and there are a lot of speed bumps I changed the tired to 205 55 16s to give me more ground clearance.  It doesn't look so bad and really gives me a lot more comfort and ease with dealing with the roads.

Hopefully i get her running reliably soon!

arc.gif

:holi2:Nice meeting up with you.  My Alfa is up and running with new turbo seal kits.  Though have many electrical issues and heating problem issues.  We will figure these matters out but are of minor issues actually.   when the suspension systems are in we will do fine tuning the entire car already.

Be happy to sell you my BOV.  This is the perfect BOV for what your needs are.  Definitely people will here this from a block away.....

I saw in Federal Tires C5 having his alfa repaired.  Lets get in touch with him and lets have a 916 meet!!!! :banana:

Hi BRX and all,

Here is my car with an older relative. So far all I did was get her running again, fix leaks and give her a good detailing. Her paint is ok except for the rear bumper which is pink with age.

arc.gif

A Scalino! I neeed to own one of those one day...

Looks like your 916 is in better condition than mine!

:holi2:Nice meeting up with you. My Alfa is up and running with new turbo seal kits. Though have many electrical issues and heating problem issues. We will figure these matters out but are of minor issues actually. when the suspension systems are in we will do fine tuning the entire car already.

Be happy to sell you my BOV. This is the perfect BOV for what your needs are. Definitely people will here this from a block away.....

A little trick on turbocharged BMWs that are quite common in Sweden is to raise the hood/bonnet at the rear by a cm or a few cm.

What suspension parts are you waiting for in aaddition to the subframe?

Filip,  Are you talking about my project ALFA? if so, I have ordered some joints and shocks already though I have yet to take down the entire suspension.  Will see what from there what I would need.   Though a good friend of INSPIRE was happy to sell me his Koni CoilOvers from a Corrado which my mechanic can adopt to my GTV.  Charlee and Damgreg were happy to donate their former calipers but will  see if i really need those.   Though we were contemplating of making a double caliper front brake system so Charlees calipers will be of great need.  :smile25: We have done this in the past in some of the race cars my mechanic has done.  This will be very interesting on how  the entire suspension will end up to look like.

If I will use the Koni Coil Overs, will sell to Inspire my koni front sports shocks or use it later on an another GTV project.  Overall, I will write on my post of what parts I would need. We alfistis here needs your support because alfa parts here are NIL. <_< 

A little trick on turbocharged BMWs that are quite common in Sweden is to raise the hood/bonnet at the rear by a cm or a few cm.

You can also remove the bonnet seals which are under the windscreen for a better heat dissipation.

A friend of mine made test with and w/o these seals. It's a good solution to make the engine cool down.

Damgreg,

That's a great idea on removing rubber seals under the wipers.  I may want to do that.  I have 3 fan units forcing airflow down and under the chassis to dissipate the heat from the turbo and engine.  2 are actually 8-in diameter aircon condensers from a space gear connected in series and 1-4-in fan from a pajero cooling (see pics).

post-783-0-41680100-1393935105_thumb.jpg

post-783-0-72974300-1393935223_thumb.jpg

Inspire,

Though I have bought new Koni Sport Shocks and should be in before end of March.  I don't intend to change my springs because our roads aren't that perfect.  I have already met some potholes which really scraped my aircon condensers.  But they are still OK. 

Bring your GTV to our shop and definitely I can help you sort out your alfa.  Would love to get another alfa.  But was thinking of getting a newer model rather than having the same one.  That's only wishful thinking.... :P

Thanks Brx, will visit you as soon as my parts arrive. I have a bad brake fluid leak which I need help on. Can't wait to see your car running!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You may need to purchase a new master brake cylinder set.  Lets integrate our requirements as this will be cheaper to do that if we order by ourselves.  If we have a bunch of us doing this we can save some money in having our 916 run for many more years.  We envy those guys in Europe that have all the available parts at their disposal.  We don't have that luxury so that's why have to customize and adopt to our situation.

Sadly, my project car cost 2 to 3 cars of theirs already.  But I don't think they could ever do what I have done because the labor cost there is very expensive.

No worries, me and mechanic partner can fix whatever your problems in the Alfa to include your ECU!!!.  I can even make you a braided brake line at an unbelievable cost.  :banana: