Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Guess I'll cause a few more dents soon enough so... Why not wait with that ;)

so... Why not wait with that ;)

Come on... show off some DIY handiness now...it is needed to warm our souls in this shitty weather we have. :)

Congrats Filip!  :D How does the rest of the car look like now?

It looks great as ever  :thumbsup: Wanna buy it? More fun than a stupid Lancia...  :lol:

Yes. Volvos are so much fun.

Said no one ever.

:D

You are right.... but I bet you would have enjoyed yourself a lot if you had been in the car the other weekend, drifting for hours between buildings in industrial parks. Especially towards the end when I hit that pole going backwards  :lol:

The Volvo is for sale.

Anyone in Scandinavia wanna buy it? 

6500 SEK.

It passed its annual inspection today, too.  :banana:

Hi everyone! As I have moved to the UK to study, I don't have time to keep working on my GTV project. It's a shame since it currently doesn't even look close to the way I pictured it in my head when finished, but that's life. 

It's sitting in a garage outside Linköping, Sweden at the moment. I drove it there and it ran great, revving happily to 7000 as usual :)

That was 6 months ago tho... It needs an exhaust clamp and the air filter box needs to be fitted. Also, as it hasn't had its annual inspection, it's technically illegal to drive. 

Should be an easy sell, right?  :thumbsup:

If anyone - in Sweden or elsewhere - feels like taking over and giving it more attention, and track time of course  :P I'll be glad to sell it for a rather small amount of money. 

Just bought 4 x MAK Fiorano wheels... Because I had the opportunity to do it, and they were brand new and cheap! 

Edit: they are ET30 8x17" = no spacers and more rubber! 

The car itself has moved to a hangar for long-term storage. Started w/o problems after 8 months and the brakes worked fine.

Took backroads to avoid Po-Po because it's currently illegal to drive. Still a quality automobile :thumbsup:

Still hoping I get the opportunity to "finish" the build with coilovers, swaybars, race seats, Brembo 4-pot calipers and more :hello:

Could take 2 years, could take 8. 

Edited by Filip

2 hours ago, Filip said:

Just bought 4 x MAK Fiorano wheels... Because I had the opportunity to do it, and they were brand new and cheap! 

and the brakes worked fine.

Took backroads to avoid Po-Po 

Could take 2 years, could take 8. 

:ttiwwp    .... :coffee:

You've done a good job with the brakes. :thumbsup:

All of them is in Hyllie (Malmö) don't ask me how I know. :bag:

Time is not a matter ... it's the pleasure when it's done. :)

:beer:

On 2/12/2016 at 22:15, GTV-TB said:

:ttiwwp    .... :coffee:

You've done a good job with the brakes. :thumbsup:

All of them is in Hyllie (Malmö) don't ask me how I know. :bag:

Time is not a matter ... it's the pleasure when it's done. :)

:beer:

Since I don't even live in Sweden these days, pics are gonna be a year or two...

Yea, apparently the brake job was good, but the ABS has not fixed itself! :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you live in CPH/Malmö so you would see Po Po asking refugees for paperwork rather often. Or maybe you are a police officer? B)

Not the prettiest, but don't require spacers and they're wider than the Stilautos that are on the car now. 

After plasticoating them gun metal grey, they should look OK :thumbsup:

wheel-mak-fiorano.jpg

Edited by Filip
Photo trouble

On 2016-02-12 at 19:39, Filip said:

Yea, apparently the brake job was good, but the ABS has not fixed itself! :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you live in CPH/Malmö so you would see Po Po asking refugees for paperwork rather often. Or maybe you are a police officer? B)

Maybe next time you use the car it have fixed itself .. Have faith in Alfa Romeo S.H.I.T features. :D

They ask not only the refugees but everyone who crosses the border and when I cross the border almost on daily basis so has my subsistence never been so well documented as it is now .. it is tiring. :(

2 hours ago, Filip said:

After plasticoating them gun metal grey, they should look OK :thumbsup:

Should be interesting to see the rims fitted to your car. :beer:

It wasn't a scam, they do exist! B) Arrived the other day.

Doesn't matter that they are not the prettiest wheels in the world when they are 17x8" ET30 for £30 each, brand spanking new!

12442863_1691246411113937_1251568585_n.jpg

12735946_1691246427780602_1560816096_n.jpg

Edited by Filip

Damn, Filip all your talk about cheap :bang:MAK wheels did make me end up in a unstable state :hiya::help:.. so I went out and bought 8 for £19 each :icon_rolleyes:, ... now just to find out what to do with them :bag: .

PICT0003.JPG

Yeah I know they are labeled TSW on the box, but they are made by MAK .... proof in the picture.:)

PICT0006.JPG

Edited by GTV-TB

Hhaha for real?! :D

Model?

Dimensions?

From where? 

You're a nut :thumbsup:

:hiya:I have found out the purpose with my unstable state :happy0045: ... family has been joined by a cheapo 156 SW and a cheapo 147 and both are on winter wheels so new rims was needed  for summer tires .. hopefully soon summer :).

CityDäck (Malmö)
TSW/MAK, REBEL
15" 6,5J ET35 5x98

2 minutes ago, GTV-TB said:

:hiya:I have found out the purpose with my unstable state :happy0045: ... family has been joined by a cheapo 156 SW and a cheapo 147 and both are on winter wheels so new rims was needed  for summer tires .. hopefully soon summer :).

CityDäck (Malmö)
TSW/MAK, REBEL
15" 6,5J ET35 5x98

That's where I bought mine! Couldn't resist when they suddenly advertised so many cheapo wheels. 

Did you blow the Punto up, or why these "new" cars? :ph34r:

Punto is the most reliable car ever :champ: ... but wife is something of its own :ph34r:, she needs a car pool of some .. eerrrr :cens: .. reason :wacko:.

Or... as car reviewer Matt Farah's friend said in a testdrive video recently: Happy wife = happy life! ;) 

Check out The Smoking Tire on Youtube. He does some nice test drive vids.

On 2/20/2016 at 15:30, Filip said:

It wasn't a scam, they do exist! B) Arrived the other day.

Doesn't matter that they are not the prettiest wheels in the world when they are 17x8" ET30 for £30 each, brand spanking new!

Great deal man! ..and you can have some wide tires on those!

Not bad at all.

On 2/25/2016 at 09:35, Thanos said:

Great deal man! ..and you can have some wide tires on those!

Not bad at all.

Should handle 235s from most brands of R-compound tires :) The problem is the same old one... I'm in England and the car is in Sweden. In a few years maybe... 

If all goes well, maybe I have fitted a roll cage and new coilovers before the thread turns 5... :headbang:So by Nov 2018... 

On 2/28/2016 at 11:17, Filip said:

If all goes well, maybe I have fitted a roll cage and new coilovers before the thread turns 5... :headbang:So by Nov 2018... 

There is nothing wrong with that...

On 2/21/2016 at 10:56, GTV-TB said:

Damn, Filip all your talk about cheap :bang:MAK wheels did make me end up in a unstable state :hiya::help:.. so I went out and bought 8 for £19 each :icon_rolleyes:, ... now just to find out what to do with them :bag: .

PICT0003.JPG

Yeah I know they are labeled TSW on the box, but they are made by MAK .... proof in the picture.:)

PICT0006.JPG

What's the PCD and ET on those MAK GTV TB? 5x98? And wheel size? 

They maaay fit my Doblo :D

EDIT: Saw the info I needed a blit down on the page :P 
Too small for me... I'd like 17" on the Doblo ;)

Edited by Alfaduden