Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Wondering if this car's been crashed and poorly repaired...  :huh: Feels like once I've adjusted the bumpers on one side, getting the other side right is impossible. The same goes for the liners and wings... 

Edit: If all goes according to plan, I have a set of Federal RSR 225/45R17 trackday tires by next week  :thumbsup:

Edited by Filip

My deadline is May 1 and I need to get the following things done... 

1. Fit the license plates. Very complicated!

Annoyingly, it turned out to be more complicated than expected... 

Whoever first installed them did it caveman style. Drilled right through the plate and right through the bumper. I got a holder so that the screws wouldnt show, but the existing holes were not compatible with the holder (couldnt redrill the holder either because of its design, weird stuff). This means that we're back to square one. 

Actually, I'm satisfied like this. It suits the rat race style of the car... 

DSC_1612.jpg

Up front, the plate was screwed right into the bumper just like at the rear. Not a very stable way of mounting it and the paint was damaged underneath the plate. Didn't have an decent foamy material lying around so I took the soft part of a velcro strip and

stuck them on the back of the plate... At least it won't scratch the paint now  :thumbsup:

DSC_1611.jpg

The Stilauto Ghibli wheels that I bought have finally been brought home. 17x7.5 ET35. Not in tip top shape... but I don't care  B)

They weigh just under 11 kilos a piece, tho... They sure as hell aren't Alleggeritas.  :lol: Cost me 60€, on the other hand, so I'm

happy as usual!

Project Lightness has moved forward a little bit, too. 

My car had a ridiculous antenna as you can see in my first post in this thread. Laughable. And it refused to play anything other than state channels. Obviously, it had to go... 

DSC_1604.jpg

I'm going to plug the hole with a round plastic cover. Right now it's impossible to reach from inside the trunk, so Daddy Angle Grinder will remove some unnecessary metal. Project Lightness approves!  :thumbsup:

Also, I removed the speakers for obvious reasons like the radio only playing state channels and the fact that I won't hear it anyway. 

I removed the "trays" that the speakers are mounted in and replaced the speaker grille because it's ugly to leave holes in the panel. 

Sorry for the shitty image. 

DSC_1597.jpg

DSC_1596.jpg

A few kilos saved.  :clap:

Today's surprise... found this beside the right hand side rear speaker.  :facepalm:

DSC_1616.jpg

Who the hell left a cigarette butt there... 

The grooved area represents 1 L, yes? 

DSC_1617.jpg

Edit: Spelling is hard. True story.

Edited by Filip

Remove everything you can  :lol: even rear places and trunk separator (where you removed the rear speakers!)

:thumbsup:

Remove everything you can  :lol: even rear places and trunk separator (where you removed the rear speakers!)

:thumbsup:

Hahah, yea I will, in the future, when I install a roll cage  :thumbsup: What I left doesn't weigh much. 

@ The grooved area represents 1 L, yes? - Yes. :)

:hello: What a lovely cerise (RGB 222,49,99) color you have on the back of the car. :thumbsup:

@ The grooved area represents 1 L, yes? - Yes. :)

:hello: What a lovely cerise (RGB 222,49,99) color you have on the back of the car. :thumbsup:

I know. Pink goes well with the color of my eyes. Or so I've been told.

Check out my Chinese tires (Nankang NS2, courtesy of a previous owner :D)

Treadwear 480, anyone?? Hahah

edit: spelling

post-372-139678273146_thumb.jpg

Edited by Filip

Test driven!  :happy0045:

It runs like it should but I've got a pile of strange noises that I need to sort out... 

Also, the brake pedal was a little too fond of the floor... :ph34r:  I want that Alfa feeling in the pedal so I gotta bleed the brakes some more.

DSC_1640.jpg

Touchdown... 

The offset of these wheels is not perfect but the Stilautos are slightly better at 35. The latter are also wider, 7.5in versus 7.0in. 

Will probably fill the arches better.  :)

In my mind, fitting the original Ph1 grille and removing that stupid antenna actually improved the looks a bit. Agree?  

Still pretty shitty in terms of the condition of the paint and so on, but who cares  :lol:

Anyhow, I'M HAPPY!  :good: I expected more trouble since I'm far from an experienced mechanic. 

I will probably post a video later because I tried out my GoPro at the same time. 

Nice!

When you get the Federal tires on, could you write a review? I'm curious about them...

I will order new 17" inch summer tires in the Zender Challenge prior to my Nürburgring trip...

Nice!

When you get the Federal tires on, could you write a review? I'm curious about them...

I will order new 17" inch summer tires in the Zender Challenge prior to my Nürburgring trip...

I'm curious too  :thumbsup:

I expect them to be really noisy on the road, worse than cheap summer tires. They should grip well on the track tho, but the problem is that I will not have another point of reference once I try them. 

The Nankangs with TW 480 will not get close to a track  :lol:

Badge repair stickers arrived today. Fitting them this weekend, probably...

My GTV leans backward...?

I inspected the rear springs carefully, but couldn't see any damage.

New springs?

Terrible pic but you see what I mean...

DSC_1667.jpg

Edited by Filip

Short clip from today's entertainment... 

Edited by Filip

A little too high, isn't it?

Around 95 C, nothing dangerous, do you have this temp when the car is stationary (idle)/running slow or when you have a little more speed (higher rpm), does the radiator fan switch on somewhere around that temp?

Around 95 C, nothing dangerous, do you have this temp when the car is stationary (idle)/running slow or when you have a little more speed (higher rpm), does the radiator fan switch on somewhere around that temp?

Alright, good. It stays between this and the 90 degree mark regardless of whether it's idling or driving enthusiastically.

I've actually never heard the fan kick in... Will double check if it's broken.

Edited by Filip

Could perhaps be a small sign that your radiator is getting a bit tired, think that a TS tends to be rather steady at 90C, but check that the fan kick in somewhere between that point and the next marker.

Short clip from today's entertainment... 

Ah! I always bring a cardboard box with me when driving. Just to take up space so that my missus don't have room to join! :D

But I love the sound of the early TS! Reminds me of my dads GTV That I learnt how to drive in! :)