Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Is it so healthy to put on Biltema 36-592 on pytt i pannan?....isn't it a peculiar taste? :fear:

Are you pissed at the car?, I see that you have expressed yourself on the side window. :D

Is it so healthy to put on Biltema 36-592 on pytt i pannan?....isn't it a peculiar taste? :fear:

Are you pissed at the car?, I see that you have expressed yourself on the side window. :D

Hahah, damn it. BIltema stuff all over. 

Actually their silicone grease is terrible. Compared it to a similar product from ATE, for example, the one from Biltema "melts" really quickly and acts like olive oil on whatever you used on. Also, the one supplied in caliper repair kits, like Budweg, is a looooooot  better.  :thumbsup:

I'm pretty much assuming that you knew this already, GTV-TB, but... someone else might see this and save 20 SEK...  :P

I'm not angry with my car. Just frustrated because I want to test drive it and try the ABS, feel what sort of difference the lower subframe brace makes and see if the thermostat is broken...  :huh: Instead, I get to lie underneath it for a few more weeks fixing brake lines, spraying them with body and adding mounting points to the exhaust. Grrr. 

Jag undrar, står det fitta på andra sidan? :lol:

In English:

I wonder if it state "vagina" on the other side... B)

It might, soon.  :ph34r:

I'm currently rebuilding the rear brake lines since they were in poor condition right where they connect to the brake force regulator. The regulator had a lot of surface rust and the fittings were seized. In order to get the four brake line nuts off, I had to heat them up, hammer a smaller socket (13 & 10, IIRC) onto them and break them loose with a short, quick yank. 
To anyone who's also doing this:  :excl:  you'll need two sizes of brake line nuts, two regular M10x1 that's also found in the front and rear pipe-hose connections and two larger, weird nuts that measure M12x1 (Called B5L if you use Quick Brake products).

I've trial-fitted everything and will fit it all again this weekend and bleed the system. Will also try to take some decent photos, tho it's hard since the garage is dark and my camera is shitty  :rolleyes:

Edited by Filip

Yeaah! No leaks in the brake system!

Now I just gotta buy more brake fluid (ran out... what a noob) and change the rear bleeder screws. Thought they would be new since the previous owner changed the pads and the discs, but no...

And bleed the whole damn thing.

Yeah, I've had enough of bending copper tubes in my spare time now... Looking forward to test driving and investigating the ABS problem!

Hi Filip plumber man, you should be able to use the same diagnostic procedure with flash codes that are used on the Alfa 145 2E ABS unit on your 2Si ABS unit.

Just to find connector T8 (blue/white wire I think) and earth it to make diagnosis, to reset the ABS ECU disconnect T8 and engage the ignition switch 20 times.

:)

ABS_Bosch2E_2Si.pdf

Hi Filip plumber man, you should be able to use the same diagnostic procedure with flash codes that are used on the Alfa 145 2E ABS unit on your 2Si ABS unit.

Just to find connector T8 (blue/white wire I think) and earth it to make diagnosis, to reset the ABS ECU disconnect T8 and engage the ignition switch 20 times.

:)

If I were still a gamer, I'd say LOL.  :kill_myself:

If you were sitting with some drinking buddies, making jokes about old cars, and you would try to make up a messed up diagnostic procedure, you would end up with something like this..  :D

Thanks, GTV-TB! I will look into this. 

My plan to complete the car by the end of March has probably derailed.  :(

Bicycle crash at decent speed, tore off pretty much all the skin off of my knee (no head injuries or broken wrists!).

Gonna take many weeks before it has fully healed and I have full mobility. 

Damn it was sad to hear, but it's good to hear that  head and bones fared from your accident.
I can only wish you a speedy recovery. :console:

Bicycle crashes... Remember me some good rides   :thumbsup:

Go for a break and come back stronger in order to finish your gtv  ^_^

Damn it was sad to hear, but it's good to hear that  head and bones fared from your accident.

I can only wish you a speedy recovery. :console:

Bicycle crashes... Remember me some good rides   :thumbsup:

Go for a break and come back stronger in order to finish your gtv  ^_^

Ahh... Bad news. Hope you recover quickly! :)

Thanks guys! I can almost walk now. Not in stairs ofc because those 20 stitches make themselves known, but... 

Just gonna take a break from crawling around underneath the GTV and collect parts for a while instead.  :thumbsup:

A thermostat and some badges to begin with.

Anyone got ideas for badges? Don't feel like paying 60-70 Euro for a new front and rear badge. I read somewhere that you can "rebuild" them by changing the actual emblem, the sticker. At least some versions of Alfa badges...?

Hi Filip mobile yet?.. maybe these can help (those in the picture, you know what they are from :-) so that you can crawl around underneath the GTV for your thread needs to be updated with some exciting problems/solutions, I don't mean to rush you. :bounce:

:beer:

post-17-0-42552700-1394875952.jpg

Hahah, sure! Walking is no problem, but stairs and crawling under cars are problems...

Be assured, some car related issues will appear in no time :lol:

The rear bleed screws... what size are they, really? 

I've read that they should be either M10x1 or M8x1.25. Mine are not... 

Managed to bleed the system today with really worn rear screws, so I will replace them when I switch from Biltema (keep calm) brake fluid to ATE Racing Blue  :rolleyes:

If I'm not completely wrong on it :)

Casting iron caliper  M7x1.0

Alloy caliper             M10X1.0

You know where you can get ahold of them :D

Edited by GTV-TB

If I'm not completely wrong on it :)

Casting iron caliper  M7x1.0

Alloy caliper             M10X1.0

You know where you can get ahold of them :D

It is definitely smaller than M8, tho my guess would have been M6. Thanks!  :hello: Autoexperten is closer to where I live, so the white house with blue letters on it won't get my money this time...  :rolleyes:

Time will tell  :thumbsup:

My deadline is May 1 and I need to get the following things done... 

1. Fit the license plates. Very complicated!
  2. Torque up everything... caliper brackets being the most important, hehe!
  3. Go for a test drive... I've rebuilt so many brake components that I'm a little nervous about this  :rolleyes:
  4. Hook up the ABS thingy to an Examiner thingy and see what it has to say for itself... 
  5. Check the engine mounts. The car has an interesting rocking thing going when driving with a heavy right foot and fast shifting, almost as if an engine mount is cracked or if they are all ruined. 
  6. Check if the thermostat is busted. 
  7. Change the above
  8. Fit the grille and the "badge facelift kit" 
  9. Rebuild the exhaust, involving moving the second silencer and suspending it properly. 
  10. Driiiive it!  :D

[*]Torque up everything... caliper brackets being the most important

Easier said than done. My torque wrench is too big (... That's what he said!) and the jackstands aren't tall enough. Will do this when I get the exhaust problems fixed >_>