Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Oh we  :holi2: till we're  :drink1:   :invalid:

And in Ålesund (where my other half is from) they do it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnoeA1adLY

Cool stuff! Having dinner and a drink aboard on of the boats and watching this with friends sounds like time well spent  :)

:o  Slinningsbålet-Ålesund, a reproduction of some bad event with a Norwegian oil rig? :happy0045:

Don't joke about the holy mother of the Norwegian economy  :happy0045:

Just ordered some HEL brake lines in a lame color called "carbolook", but the alternatives were worse... Like transparent or red or blue... Hope they arrive before the weekend  :hello:

Racing B) ...................I run with lame transparent. :doh:

If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some quality time in the garage next weekend, fitting brakes and maybe removing the stereo and antenna...

:cry_: :cry_: :cry_: :cry_: :cry_:

You infidel! Build a garage... :bang1:

I agree tho, all this snow sucks. It's been snowing all day here and I was hoping for some asfalt soon... The worst part is that it's soooooo friggin' cold in my garage. My braces (hehe) and my braided brake hoses are on their way. Hope they arrive by tomorrow, otherwise my weekend plans are ruined for that reason :thumbsup:

You infidel! Build a garage... :bang1:

I agree tho, all this snow sucks. It's been snowing all day here and I was hoping for some asfalt soon... The worst part is that it's soooooo friggin' cold in my garage. My braces (hehe) and my braided brake hoses are on their way. Hope they arrive by tomorrow, otherwise my weekend plans are ruined for that reason :thumbsup:

Car is as tough as me ..... :rolleyes: 

Ehhhhhh... that trailer with your stuff was stuck in a snowy ditch on E22 when I passed earlier today. :P

:beer:

Car is as tough as me ..... :rolleyes: 

Ehhhhhh... that trailer with your stuff was stuck in a snowy ditch on E22 when I passed earlier today. :P

:beer:

Aaah, Bussgods beats snowy ditches, no problem! And if my brake hoses are on the E22, I'm gonna sue the idiots for a huge de-tour  :lol:

Aaah, Bussgods beats snowy ditches, no problem! And if my brake hoses are on the E22, I'm gonna sue the idiots for a huge de-tour  :lol:

:hiya: Bussgods?...is it those transporting people back and forth to Puttgarden Bordershop? :beer1:

:hiya: Bussgods?...is it those transporting people back and forth to Puttgarden Bordershop? :beer1:

:clap: I wish...

Took delivery of a 155 2.5 V6 strut brace that I'm going to test fit and my very own subframe brace :happy0045: Going to the garage tomorrow even though I hear we're expecting 1/2 ft of snow... Quality time in the man cave coming up. Gonna measure the resistance of my ABS sensors while I'm at it, hoping that they're fine and that I find a cheap and simple problem instead... :rolleyes:

1/2 ft? you are aware that we talk metric here? We are NOT americans :D

In southern Sweden we speak metric but they north up is so Americanized, :rolleyes: swinging around with American words like ABS rather than the Swedish word..låsningsfria bromsar.

:)

Edited by GTV-TB

Aaahhh.. Låsningsfria bromsar.. Makes sense. In my language it is blokkeringsfri bremser... :lol:

But Filip, use your 1/2ft snow to test your diffbroms :D  :ph34r: 

:hello: Filip is your man cave filled with 1/2 ft of snow, or have you got your braces fitted? :bounce: 

:hello: Filip is your man cave filled with 1/2 ft of snow, or have you got your braces fitted? :bounce:

Had some wine with a friend yesterday. Shit derailed..... :invalid:

Ended up partying til 6 am. My headache is a complete animal.... 

Might go there tonight when I'm safe to drive tho  :D

1/2 ft? you are aware that we talk metric here? We are NOT americans :D

In southern Sweden we speak metric but they north up is so Americanized, :rolleyes: swinging around with American words like ABS rather than the Swedish word..låsningsfria bromsar.

:)

Woooh, the things people get upset about  :D I tend to change units when I change languages, 

The same man who makes the subframe brace that I bought also sent me a strut brace from an Alfa 155 V6 so that we can work out if it fits the 916 without mods. It's fun to help develop stuff that eventually can be sold to other Alfisti  :)

I started out by placing it in the engine bay of my dad's GTV TB

DSC_1464.jpg

It won't fit to 100% right now. The main problem is that the intake hose marked with an orange arrow needs to be re-routed.

Minor issues:

- The washer bottle is a close call but it sits in the same place as on my TS, and I could still open mine

and nothing was squeezed or damaged by the brace.

- The ABS sensor connector on the strut tower is in the way (can be loosened and turned out away from the brace, shown in another pic in this post)

DSC_1468.jpg

This brace is not in top shape when it comes to paint and finish, but I don't care.  :P

Next, I went to the man cave where my car is sitting.  :thumbsup:

This pretty crappy pic shows you all how I turned the ABS connector so that it doesn't block the strut brace. The connector's got red tape on it that makes me think someone has damaged it and covered it up with tape like a boss  :ph34r:

DSC_1472.jpg

At first, I could only find the 13mm ½" socket.... And that worked well until I started replacing the bolts....  :rolleyes:

DSC_1477.jpg

I was about to start swearing and cursing when.... the 1/4" 13mm socket finally appeared. Yay. 

A moment later, voilá!

DSC_1481.jpg

My cell phone camera thinks it's too gloomy in my garage... I agree. Apologies for the lousy photos  :hello:

Bottom line: I have established that a brace from a 155 2.5 V6 should fit a GTV TS with tiny mods and a TB if an intake hose is re-routed. Obviously, braces for the 155 V6 could differ in shape too, so it's not bulletproof. 

So Kalmar pinnen (strut brace) did fit the TS :thumbsup: ..awesome,  and the V6 thingy must do something at the 0-60. :)

So Kalmar pinnen (strut brace) did fit the TS :thumbsup: ..awesome,  and the V6 thingy must do something at the 0-60. :)

Awesome, I know!  :thumbsup: Kalmar-pinnen, hahah!

Not really following on the V6 thingy?

The same man who makes the subframe brace that I bought also sent me a strut brace from an Alfa 155 V6...

Im the man - the Stagman... Damdamdaaaaaa... :ph34r:

Glad it suited! :thumbsup:

Not really following on the V6 thingy?

Just a brain fart with me in the excitement over that a V6 (V6 faster) Kalmar pinne actually fit your TS. :)