Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

N-AM 007

Alfopolous TS Spider - Australia

Hey guys, ill show a "time line" of my car with pictures when i get a chance to write one up. For now here are some 2 recent driving pics of my car

Friends have given her the nickname Alfopolous

jj1uky.jpg

2mq29uc.jpg

It's always great to see 916 in motion! :) May I notice that you have a rather powerful LED lights installed? Any details?

I have white LEDs there too, but they don't seem so powerful. I'll try to find something like this... tnx! :)

I bought it in Jan 2009 and it was pretty stock standard. Had only 2 owners and was in very good condition

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

And then after her first wash she was in a little photo shoot

IMG_0547a.jpg

From this point on the modding began

Started off with custom numberplates

IMG_0908.jpg

They were a present from friends AM standing for Aston Martin which i will buy eventually and 007 for my nickname James Bond.

Then came a new Kenwood headunit as the old cd player decided to die on me.

Cdplayer.jpg

Also Alfa Romeo car mats put in aswell

IMG164.jpg

Next came the clear side indicators which took minutes to put in and look alot better and valve covers. Also a nice pic after 6 hours of washing her. Wash, wax, polish, buffer, the lot.

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Next came the strut bar, it made a vast improvement over the handling. It tightened up the front end and gives you so much more confidence through the corners. Was by far the best mod yet.

IMG_02271.jpg

Next up were the brakes. Initially i wanted new pads, but couldn't resist the performance and look of drilled and slotted discs so i had them all round.

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

I then painted my calipers and hubs and applied Alfa script to the front and the Alfa serpent on the rear.

Alfopolous20Brake20Calipers20005.jpg

Alfopolous20Brake20Calipers20007.jpg

Alfopolous20Brake20Calipers20017.jpg

Alfopolous20Brake20Calipers20021.jpg

After that i put on 147/156 GTA wheels, no spacers are needed, just bolt straight on.

And let me tell you, they look great :D , prefer these over GTV V6 teledials to be honest.

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

Ive also changed the parking lights to LEDs, give it more of a modern look compared to the yellow globes.

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

Installed an Autodelta Air filter and removed the resonator box in my induction system and replaced it with a PVC pipe which i painted and decaled.

Resonator i removed

IMG_10042-1.jpg

New pipe

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9030.jpg

Replaced wipers with new slim lines ones (no pics)

Also removed 2 of the 4 mufflers under the car to increase sound :D

Painted rear bar

1055teo.jpg

Then nothing for a while until i received these, bilstein shocks, eibach springs and goodridge braided brake lines. Also had major timing belt service and installed new EBC Red stuff brake pads.

11icqkk.jpg

Refer to first driving pictures to see ride height drop.

Then i purchased a HID 4300K kit, big improvement.

33yi7as.jpg

knin5.jpg

She's looking great. :thumbsup:

What's that big P in the front? :)

Its to do with licenses in Australia. You initially do a computer test to get your L plates, in this time you need to complete 120 hours of log booked driving. You then do a driving test and if you pass you are given red P plates (provisional 1). After 1 year you perform a computer test and then get your green Ps (as above) (provisional 2). After 2 years of being a "P Plater" you do a final test and dont need to drive with them.

Being on your Ps has a few conditions, red Ps mainly, max speed you can do is 90km/h (55mph), can only had 1 other person in the car after 11pm and restricted to Auto or manual (depending on what you used when you did your test)

Nice mods mate!

The Spider "In motion" pics are awesome, looks like you are in Sydney?

A couple of questions if I may----I have heard that the strut bar does improve the handling. Can you tell me, where did you get it from and how much? Did the brake upgrade improve the spongy peddle?

The paint job on the rear bumper looks great!

Cheers

Colcam

Thanks, this is the one i got for 79euro http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-GTV-Spider/Suspensions/Wiechers-Strut-Bar::970.html. One of the best mods for the price!

To improve spongyness get http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-GTV-Spider/Brakes/Stainless-Steel-Brake-Pipe-Set-red::3677.html these braided brake lines, well worth the money.