Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Engell

Greatings from Denmark

Hi fellow Alfa enthusiast...  :hello:

Actually I don't have an Alfa yet, but I'm planning to get one from Germany in the very near future.

SO do any of you have links or hints to a "quick guide" for what to look for, when buying a 916 3,0 V6?

I've had an Alfetta many years ago, and know how to make a "general inspection" - But was thinking that some of you had some great tips ;)

I'll of course keep you all posted. The one I'm looking at right now is a nicely maintained 2001.

Thanks a lot in advance  :thumbsup: 
/Claus

Hi and welcome, some reading in this link maybe helps http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/778-alfa-gtv-buyers-guide/ , when you are after a 3.0 24V make sure that timing belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump are changed recently, as it is a costly engine service to do if you are not able to do it yourself or include the cost for timing belt replacement when you negotiate on the price of the car.

med venlig hilsen, GTV-TB

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the purchase!  :thumbsup:

Also check the rear suspension. It's not a very large cost to get the rear rebuilt, but try to avoid. You can get PU bushes like Powerflex or Strongflex if needed.

Hi and welcome, some reading in this link maybe helps http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/778-alfa-gtv-buyers-guide/ , when you are after a 3.0 24V make sure that timing belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump are changed recently, as it is a costly engine service to do if you are not able to do it yourself or include the cost for timing belt replacement when you negotiate on the price of the car.

med venlig hilsen, GTV-TB

All belts and the water pump has just been exchanged... new and/or refurbished brakes... all fluids... suspension checked etc.

But the suspension is not that important, because I'll upgrade it anyhow.

Thank you for the link... Will read it from start to end  :thumbsup:

/Claus

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the purchase!  :thumbsup:

Also check the rear suspension. It's not a very large cost to get the rear rebuilt, but try to avoid. You can get PU bushes like Powerflex or Strongflex if needed.

Thank you...

Yes, the suspension will be upgraded with PU bushes... and a coilover kit.  :smile25: