Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic

No I didn't keep the dials from P1 :) Just the PCB with the connector. Everything else is P2.

I had no need for adjusting the windows... Maybe the passenger's window needs a bit of adjusting, it sometimes goes over the top seal, but nothing special. The wind noise is normal, not very loud. 

It's a pain to adjust them but it can be done.

yea... i'll just have to live with them. better not stick my fingers where they don't belong, especially since there are so few people who actually know what they're doing when gtvs are concerned that i can actually count them on the fingers of one hand.

The manual covers the window adjusting procedure. If they're really loud, take your time and adjust them properly.

they're just 'verbal'. i mean they don't blow your hat off but they're not dead silent either. i tried to fiddle with them a bit according to the manual but didn't solve much. i was even considering applying another layer of window felt seal over the existing seals. it seems a simpler and more efficient way to do it and perhaps it will even prevent the windows from sticking to the seals during winter time.

I refurbished my console.

Sanded everything down and put a few layers of 2K clear lacquer, then sanded down with fine sandpaper and polished with Meguiars Ultracut for that nice shine :)

Still haven't mounted it back as I have to finish a LED conversion for the heating controls.

post-1-0-59233700-1368734845_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-08712200-1368734851_thumb.jpg

Very nice photo's Charlee! i like the dark mysterious feeling.

Still we ain't see shit off the car.. like youre new wheels... :slap:  :laugh2:

Nice GTV Charlee. I fell in love with gray as well, it's a timeless, contemporary color for a GTV. Mine is Grigio Eclisse, with red Momo leather interior, original P2.

Looking at your engine, it looks like your TB is using LPG or liquid gas, looking at the injectors? How does that perform on a TB? Where is the tank located, and how big is it?

Also, you can decrease or even solve the rubbing of the back wheelarches by 'rolling' the inside of the wheelarches inward, using a special tool, don't know if this is common knowledge:

http://www.iridiumengineering.co.uk/wheel_arch_rolling.html

arch4.jpg

Edited by jowi

Thanks Jowi! Gray fits the GTV's lines. It sometimes looks like it's liquid metal :)

Yes it's LPG and it's a result of one of my insane decisions and reasons to keep the car as I wasn't driving it at all and wanted to drive it every day. So decided to install LPG. So, it even economical now :lol: The tank is in the boot (I no longer have a boot :P and it's a 50 liter one. The manufacturer is Landirenzo and it used to perform well but decided to stop performing well one day. I had no time to get it serviced properly. Anyway, it's really cheap to drive considering the petrol prices at the moment. 

Some pics of my not-so-new GTA dials. These are designed by me (99% exact copy of original GTA dials). My last ones (which are still for sale) are not copies, they are just inspired by the design.

And I ordered some red top LED strips for the US and did an almost perfect LED conversion. No hotspots and great spread. Even the needles are back-lit with 4 LEDs. It took some time do find the best solution :)

If someone is interested in P3 look dials I did that design too and can probably do all other types. Maybe I could arrange them to be available in the shop if there is interest for these things, or its just me.  :bag:

Next thing is to convert the little LCD to be 'negative' like P3 models have. I'll blind myself with the current look :)

post-1-0-84427000-1375808634_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-83315300-1375808926_thumb.jpg

:clap: nice ! I like the "Alfa Romeo" text, it's very discrete and stylish. That will put exterior vision of the car to a new level ;)  :D .

They were properly painted. Wanted to powdercoat them but gave up in the end. This is shinier :)

The LCD glass can be flipped to the other side. In that way, you shift the contrast from light to dark...

Hopeless explanation, but I hope you get my point! ;)

That is one pretty GTV. Thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone