Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic

That looks awsome! I love your GTV :wub: She looks very brutal but not overdone! Show us some more pics of the outside of this beauty! :D

That looks awsome! I love your GTV :wub: She looks very brutal but not overdone! Show us some more pics of the outside of this beauty! :D

Thanks :) The weather is getting better here and I hope to take some photos.

Great job!! It looks amazing, way better than the original IMO. It reminds me of this thread I saw in a french forum, the guy did the same but with a P1 console!!

http://www.clubgtv91...5724&Itemid=120

He did a great job. It's really hard to follow the curves with a 'plain' carbon fiber cloth. Mine is a 2x2 twill and is easier to shape.

That is an interior i could basically sit in all day. Looks absolutely fantastic man. Love it.

Reverse parking in front of a shop (getting a new throttle cabel for the GF's 145) and there was a bump that I didn't see... There was a slight lift in the road and I caught the bump and it broke the sill in half and almost ripped the whole thing off, including the original sill underneath. I've removed everything and I'll try to fix it myself (fiberglass), but it's a bit of a problem to line it up properly as it broke completely. Anyone have any ideas? If all else fails, I'll get a new one-

Wow damn Charlee, the easyest way is to order 1 replica skirt from the UK...

Don't know if you can fix this 100% i've heard a story of someone how has welding/burnd the polyester together and then finished it up before painting.

Good luck with restoring!

Joris, we have a small bodywork shop here (just father & son) called "Marinero" and they can do pretty much any custom idea! Few years ago they have made a whole Cup replica set based on the original parts, my car was the donor for that project! So, now it's not a problem for us to get the Cup kit parts.

This Alfa 156 Autodelta style is their speciality!

post-3-0-72070200-1346884094_thumb.jpg

Yeah, we had Klavdijo and his car as guests to AlfaFest, that bodykit is a top job!

Sorry to hear about your problem mate..

Thanks everyone.

I'm doing the repair myself. Used fiberglass to reinforce it and it's going well. I had to reconstruct the bottom part as it was completely broken and parts were torn off... Couldn't make it to look perfect, but it's the bottom part which is under the car, so there's no problem. I'm levelling eveything now with poliester putty and preparing to sand it. Should be done this weekend and painted next week.