Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic

Car has started and I have even managed to connect MES to the engine. I have a lambda error. Not bad

Regarding the high idle problems I had. When dismantling the throttle body when it was painted, I haven’t positioned the TPS correctly so the throttle was slightly open when idle. Hence the 2200 rpm. All fixed now.

The P2 conversion is almost complete. Rear heater is working, but I had to get an N82 box from later models to make it work as OEM. I really don’t want any hidden buttons for original features, so it all has to be 100% functional. Aircon will have to wait as I need to get P2 V6 TB piping.

The dash and door cards were painted black and it looks like new now. Can’t wait to install it possibly this weekend.

The centre console will be covered in anthracite alcantara.

I am really thinking about installing a 3.0 24V engine. Has anyone done it? 166 3.0 engines and gearboxes can be bought for little money nowadays.

8a1059471113668bb0d802a5c5b6037f.jpg

Here is the engine with the new thicker Torque7 sleeves installed.

Still needs some cleaning

1 hour ago, jonalfaspider said:

Bud it already does, you haven't posted any pics in a while do you still have the jetfins

Sold the jetfins, then bought them again for my daily driver and sold them again :happy0045: Don't like them on my GTV at all. I have 17" teles at the moment and probably will for some time.

The car is still in storage. Will get it out this week and take a couple of pics

Finally! :happy0045:

I also looked for wheel options for quite some time now, I was thinking of 19" 939 TI's, BBS CK's, even found a set of Sienas which I always dreamed of! But in the end decided to stick to the OEM Teles, the car was (technically) designed for 17", they do match really well the car shapes, and last, but not least, I suspect 916s will turn out as a really appreciated classic, and having it as factory spec as possible would be a big plus in many years from now :)

Regarding the engine, why would you want a 3.0 V6 instead of a 2.0 V6 TB? I'm not asking this because I consider the v6 TB superior in any way (I actually consider the opposite), but I'm really curios on your reasons, as you owned this V6 TB for quite some time now and is obviously a well taken care one.

In my opinion, besides the technical implications which I am not very familiar with, a showstopper I see is that you already had the car stripped and you'll probably have to do it again..

3.0 24V engines and generally less delicate. Camshafts and other problematic parts for the TB are starting to be impossible to find. Even water pumps. I know it's a nightmare to have it stripped again, but it would be worth it in the end. My car is not in original form anymore so I am not really bothered with sale value.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it would be great to have a 3.0 again ;) 

Love the Blacklines but they have become quite popular now. Maybe it's time for something different :D 

After a couple of months of waiting, my alcantara upper console is finished and the dash can finally be installed. 

What do you think? I think it looks perfect. Lower part will be matched soon (I hope). 

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg