Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic
On 1/15/2016 at 10:55, charlee said:

I wanted to ask you first :D

I got an offer to exchange my blacklines for 18" GT multispokes. Should I do it?

Lepi :P

- I remembered that you said you would like teledials again, so I tell him to contact you...

For me, Blacklines are much better...

...but if you want some change, why not...

Or, sell him BL and buy teledials...

On 1/15/2016 at 21:41, Hermanoli said:

I guess having both models in the family saves me to decide wich is better looking :))

Best solution :thumbsup:

Here is a quick photo of the new wheels. I will probably be getting them repainted in gunmetal grey, like @Joris had on his ex-Spider. They are in mint condition. :thumbsup: Not sure if they look better than the Blacklines, but there is nothing wrong with a change ;) 

IMG_2887.jpg

Nooooooo!! Not for  the blacklines. 

I have both and blacklines are much more special. Jetfins are nice but just spokes like many other wheels, I have a feeling you will regret the swap :-(

yeeesssssss! :thumbsup:

i can t wait to see the final result with the new colour.

For the blacklines, here is my opinion.. I like but i think they are too "big" for a GTV.. In a GT it s perfect but in the GTV... :rolleyes:

I like this jetfins/multispoke as well. Where are your Blacklines now? On your Sportwagon? Are they for sale? :) 

54 minutes ago, charlee said:

Blacklines are sold, unfotunately... Heard you bought a GT :D

Ah! :( With tyres or just the wheels? What is the price for Blacklines these days? 

Yes, GT 1.9 is a replacement for my 156 1.9, I am still not driving it since I need to sell my 156 first.

The 18'' Toora's are great!! would look perfect in dark grey/gun metal finish under you're car!

Make some overall pictures off the car! :thumbsup:

I also just bought (3 days ago) a GT Q2 Jtd-m with 180 bhp, very nice car for long distance driving, seats are incredible!

Not sure about the 18'' Q2 wheels i have now, still have a set of 18'' Siena's i will try and otherwise will look for some Toora's and spray them Black chrome.

I want pictures of that GT dressed with Sienas!!!

Charlee well done!! Multispokes fit great in our 916. I would also paint them in gun metal.

GT 18s are gone and back to teledials for me :) I just love those wheels and they are perfect on the GTV. 

Hi charlee, how's it going?

do you miss/regret selling your blacklines? The reason I ask is I sold my jetfins and have a very good offer on my blacklines but struggling to let them go lol!

It's been some time I haven't checked this forum (shame on me!). The main reasone i came back was to check this topic..so dissapointed there are no news :( charlee, how's it going mate?

Sent from my Alfa Romeo

Hey Alex,

The car is still in the garage waiting for it's new interior. It has been too long already and I hope to have it on the road by the end of the year. So, first the interior then a complete respray. 

I wanted to go to this year's Alfa Fest but couldn't make it. 

How are you? How's the Spider?

Spider is great, had a few epic roadtrips together (Alfa Romeo Weekend in Serbia, AlfaFest, a weekend by the seaside with a multibrand cabrio club). Needs a full respray soon :(

Sent from my Alfa Romeo

On 02/05/2013 at 13:26, charlee said:

Just to remove the cobwebs  :D

A couple of interior pics..

Kunev, yes that's LPG  :ph34r: I haven't installed the calipers yet. I'll be using 305mm discs as I have them, but will upgrade to 330m at a later time.

int020513.jpg

int0205132.jpg

Hi there Charlie,

Can I ask you where can I found that kind of carbon dashboard? I have a ph2 and I really like that look.
Many thanks,

Just a quick update.

I have started work on the car. FINALLY.
First thing I did was to replace the injector connector sleeves that were split into 10 pieces each. When I got to the last one it had to break so I've ordered a new one on eBay and am waiting to have it delivered to finish the work.

As I had mentioned before, my car had LPG which was (thankfully) removed and I was left with a problem with heater matrix pipes. They are unavalable new so I will have to get a set made locally.

Anyway, I really miss the car and the fun and sound it makes and hope to get it running soon.

Me too mate! AlfaFest, 2-5 June? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ALXege said:

Me too mate! AlfaFest, 2-5 June? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's a bit too optimistic :D Maybe next year 

I have ordered a tool for extracting terminals from Junior Power Timer connectors that my GTV has loads of. Then I can continue with replacing the sleeves. 

Has anyone replaced the firewall insulation? Mine was damaged a while ago and I have tried replacing jus the top part with some material used for ventilation insulation that works pretty good, but it doesn't have the visual quality of the OEM insulation, so I have ordered some off eBay and hopefully it will arrive soon. 

I have ePer from 2014. and the original insulation is possibly available to purchase. Do you think i could replace it with the engine in car?

New coolant tank was installed finally. I have bought it more than two years ago :D

Also, you will notice the red silicone hose that connects the filter to the AFM. The original one was not too good so I have replaced it with a universal 15º hose and it works well.

IMG_5061.jpg

On 9/15/2016 at 00:01, Bruno Pereira said:

Sorry Bruno, I have missed your post.

I have made the console myself. It's actually wrapped in carbon fiber, but you could easily make one completely out of carbon fiber. Maybe a future project if we have interest.

1 hour ago, charlee said:

I have ePer from 2014. and the original insulation is possibly available to purchase. Do you think i could replace it with the engine in car?

No, not without cutting it into pieces, there is much things to be passed through the insulation and the brake system must be dismounted if you want to be able to mount the original insulation in one piece .... sorry.

PICT0001.JPG

Edited by GTV-TB

That's what I thought. Thank you for the photo. I am missing the top part, right behind the relays and to the right. 

This is the result. Looks very OEM. The insulation arrived very quickly and the price was great. 

I am waiting for the new intake runners and some other bits and the engine will be complete. Next step is the interior which is a rather large step :D 

IMG_5145 (1).jpg

IMG_5145.jpg