Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic

We can only hope :D

It got out just for the session.

Question for GTV-TB: should there be any change in idle when disconnecting and reconnecting the TPS?

I think so, at least you get a error message in the ECU.

Yesterday my GTV had a photo session for a local car magazine. Here are a couple of photos.

lac4648.jpg

lac4655.jpg

lac4658.jpg

lac4678.jpg

lac4724.jpg

lac4821.jpg

lac4829.jpg

I can't wait to buy that magazine, which one is it? Btw, your gtv is pure perfection

Poslano sa mog HTC One_M8 koristeći Tapatalk

I can't wait to buy that magazine, which one is it? Btw, your gtv is pure perfection

Poslano sa mog HTC One_M8 koristeći Tapatalk

It's Auto klub.

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but how do you cope with windnoise? I've been fiddling around with the windows' settings but it's still rather noisy ...

Yo have to adjust the windows. It's a pain to do, really. Cheack all the rubber seals first.

i've messed with the adjustments but to no avail (both up/down and inwards/outwards). i'm inclined to blame it on the seals but replacing them seems quite expensive.

i've messed with the adjustments but to no avail (both up/down and inwards/outwards). i'm inclined to blame it on the seals but replacing them seems quite expensive.

Have you adjusted the two bolts that hold the glass?

i love ur gtv... :wub::thumbsup:

Thanks  :thumbsup:

We can only hope :D

It got out just for the session.

Question for GTV-TB: should there be any change in idle when disconnecting and reconnecting the TPS?

Sorry Charlee I have missed your question and I think I lied to you last time we talked about TPS :blush:   ...  I blame it on soft brain with age and that I was fiddling with an 164 at that time .... it's hard to keep things apart ...hrmm. :rolleyes:

About your question, I'm not sure but the ECU is losing the signal that the throttle is closed if you disconnect the TPS so it should have impact on idle speed (ECU think it is an partial throttle state).

The TPS on TB is a potentiometer with an micro switch (contrary to what I said earlier :huh: ) and when throttle is closed so are the micro switch also closed pin 6 and 4, on partial throttle -> WOT the micro switch is open.

If you measure between pin 3 and 2, you have ~0.5K Ohm at closed throttle and ~3,15K Ohm at WOT.

post-17-0-61355600-1426520958_thumb.jpg

Great, thanks for the info.

When I unplug and replug the TPS, nothing changes. There is no click when I open or close the throttle.

i've tried both these adjustments described by http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/gtv_window.shtml

Thanks  :thumbsup:

perhaps the order was wrong... i tried the glass angle adjustment first with no noticeable difference. then i took it to an alfa mechanic that messed with the up-down adjustment and made it sound as if the window was never fully up. then i took matters into my own hands and readjusted it to the state it was before that. the problem seems to be on the meeting of the rear part of the glass with the rubber seal. when i wash the car in that zone there's visible moisture between the glass and the seal. from what i reckon the only adjustment that could solve the issue would be moving the whole window assembly inwards (a translation movement rather than a rotation movement - i find it hard to explain... see diagram on the right)

gKn7wIN.jpg

Edited by Alin Ciortea

Great, thanks for the info.

When I unplug and replug the TPS, nothing changes. There is no click when I open or close the throttle.

It is impossible  to hear TB TPS micro switch  like  you could with the "older" TPS with two switches (idle and WOT)  you have to measure if the switch opens/closes.

i've tried both these adjustments described by http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/gtv_window.shtml

perhaps the order was wrong... i tried the glass angle adjustment first with no noticeable difference. then i took it to an alfa mechanic that messed with the up-down adjustment and made it sound as if the window was never fully up. then i took matters into my own hands and readjusted it to the state it was before that. the problem seems to be on the meeting of the rear part of the glass with the rubber seal. when i wash the car in that zone there's visible moisture between the glass and the seal. from what i reckon the only adjustment that could solve the issue would be moving the whole window assembly inwards (a translation movement rather than a rotation movement - i find it hard to explain... see diagram on the right)

gKn7wIN.jpg

I have removed the glass and adjusted it afterwards. First you adjust the two that hold the glass. You move the glass with your hands until it sits good. Then you tighten the bolts and fine tune the adjustment with the upper adjusters.

To get the correct angle of the glass, you will have to follow the instructions in the manual. It's a tiresome job, but it can be done.

post-1-142721518629_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the door/main loom partially unwrapped. I am running wires to the right door for the outside temperature sensor.

I didn't get a new door mirror, just the sensor so it is needed to drill a hole and fix/glue the sensor inside the mirror.

I have crimped/soldered most of the wiring for the P2 climate unit, applied heatshrink to needed places, etc. Still need to wire the temp sensor, HRW switch and speedo signal output.

Then I will wrap all cables in OEM style textile loom tape, but only after I test all connections.

To have a fully working aircon, I will have to find the piping from a P2 TB. So if anyone knows one that's breaking for parts, please let me know.

I still have to install the climate unit, but will replace the foam on the ducting connections first. It has seen better days.

Wooow that's a sweet looking car  :thumbsup:  Hey, Charlee what antenna did you use on your car? 

Thanks. ;)

I have a roof antenna colourcoded. The previous owner decided to drill a hole in the roof for an antenna and I had to do something. I will remove it when the car gets a respray. The rear antenna is unplugged.

Thanks. ;)

I have a roof antenna colourcoded. The previous owner decided to drill a hole in the roof for an antenna and I had to do something. I will remove it when the car gets a respray. The rear antenna is unplugged.

Aaaa... I was thinking of getting something similar because my OE antenna is broken. I'm also considering a Blaupunkt internal one because most of them eBay external antennas just  ruin the car's looks...